Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Indianapolis Colts Off-season thread

Default Re: 2017 Indianapolis Colts Off-season thread

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's just how the NFL is. Hell, Brady is usually on the 'injury report', listed as probable or questionable with a shoulder issue. Don't think he's missed a game because of 'it'.

I don't get it either. I just wait until kickoff and see who is on the field.
    Secrecy=Gambling

But its funny you mention Brady's injury status the one time they didn't report it he tore his ACL and was out for the year.

If the Colts treated every injury/surgery with the same vagueness and mystery as Luck's, then it'd be consistent. But it's not consistent with how they treat everything else. That's why I see red flags. Could be nothing, and maybe I'm bored, but I think some thing's been up.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

I think you guys are just seeing something where there's nothing, honestly. Never once did they give a timetable and I think that lack of info is bugging people. And they're treating Luck different because he is...he's the most important player on this team.

We'll just see as he progresses. I think he's going to turn out fine
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I guess Mewhort and Haeg switched positions, might be long term...
    Edit Signature

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Natston For This Useful Post:

Mood

The early speculation was whether Johnathan Hankins would play NT or DT. George Bremer says they're playing him at DE. Pretty versatile guy.

With veteran Kendall Langford opening training camp on the physically unable to perform (PUP) list, free agent addition Johnathan Hankins has continued to line up at the 5-technique defensive end spot in the base defense.

That's a departure for the former New York Giant who spent the first four years of his pro career playing inside as either a 3-technique or nose tackle.

Head coach Chuck Pagano said Hankins will return to the interior when the team is in sub packages — an increasingly common occurrence in today's NFL. But the newcomer's versatility is another source of optimism for the defensive line group as a whole.
    http://www.heraldbulletin.com/sports...d3bce03be.html

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:

Havent been following too close lately. I heard Hooker returned today maybe? Any word on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    Havent been following too close lately. I heard Hooker returned today maybe? Any word on this?
    Yes he's off the PUP list

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-over-the-top/

Frank Gore: I thought I was the missing piece to help Colts over the top

Running back Frank Gore has steadily made his way up the leagueís all-time rushing yards list over the last two years, but his time in Indianapolis hasnít featured the same kind of team success.

The Colts have gone 8-8 in each of Goreís years with the club and he said Monday that wasnít quite what he was expecting when he signed with a team that went to the AFC title game after the 2014 season.

ďI thought I was one of the missing pieces they needed to get them over the top,Ē Gore said, via WTTV in Indianapolis. ďIt didnít happen and, yeah, it was frustrating. Itís a team game. Coming in and what it was and going backwards, thatís tough.Ē

The Colts made major changes on the defensive side of the ball this offseason after Chris Ballard took over as General Manager, but all the new pieces may take time to gel and the offensive side of the ball has questions of its own heading into Goreís final year under contract. That may mean Goreís spell with the Colts ends without a trip to the postseason, which certainly wasnít the way either side drew things up in 2015.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post

Translation: A Colts super bowl at the end of the season

So how many days before we sign a veteran QB?

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    So how many days before we sign a veteran QB?
    This is a transition year if anything they will stick with Tolzien and hope to get a good draft pick if it comes to that.

I keep seeing op-eds and speculation the Colts should sign Kaepernick. Why? A. They keep talking like Luck is on schedule, no setbacks, blah blah blah and they expect him to start opening day. So even if you build in a margin of error of a couple of games for Luck to be out, would Kaepernick really bring anything to the table? Even if it was 4 games Luck would miss, would Kaepernick make enough difference to win those? It's not like he and Luck are the same type QB's and mostly interchangeable. Are the systems readily interchangeable? I don't think so... Kap is not a conservative QB to simply manage games, yet he's also not a QB with any real connections to the Colts to just plug in and go while waiting on Luck. And it's getting a little late right now to be plugging in pieces. Although with every passing day, it gets even later... so IF there's any long term questions about Luck playing a large chunk of the season then doing something has to be a thought.
    Of course taking their licks and getting a higher draft pick for it is also a strategy at the end of the day. But I digress....

Didn't Kap head to the bench before the kneeling stuff even started? Even if not, the discussion was already taking place.

Kaepernick took a stand, or took a knee (however you want to say it), for a cause he believed in. More power to him for that. But it also brought with it a giant distraction. I'm not sure why the Colts need to bring that spotlight on themselves because I don't see any gain where it matters (on the field). But maybe I'm wrong. I don't think the Colts are a team hurting for publicity so that ANY publicity (good or bad) is ultimately seen as a positive to keep their name out there. So I think all of the reports circulating an opining about the possibility are stirring the pot rather than trying to be practical.

Meanwhile, I keep expecting to either read Luck is on pace to start a preseason game after all... or else it's now guaranteed he'll miss X games to start the season "but there's no setback or reason to worry".
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Kap is a talented QB. He's better than any QB on the Colts roster not named Andrew Luck. Yes he is not the same style of QB as Luck. But he is the type of guy, who especially as a back up, teams will have to gameplan for and he could steal a game or two for you, which if you are worried if Luck will miss any time, is clearly worth it.

And Kap started on the bench last year because he was still rehabbing his injury. Any one who watched any 49ers football last year (stupid local TV rules meant I had to endure that ****) could see it was clear as day that Kap was the better QB. And its also clear that his teammates did not find Colin or his kneeling to be a distraction and it only brought the team closer.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Kap is a talented QB. He's better than any QB on the Colts roster not named Andrew Luck. Yes he is not the same style of QB as Luck. But he is the type of guy, who especially as a back up, teams will have to gameplan for and he could steal a game or two for you, which if you are worried if Luck will miss any time, is clearly worth it.

And Kap started on the bench last year because he was still rehabbing his injury. Any one who watched any 49ers football last year (stupid local TV rules meant I had to endure that ****) could see it was clear as day that Kap was the better QB. And its also clear that his teammates did not find Colin or his kneeling to be a distraction and it only brought the team closer.
    That is if the Colts are actually serious about contending and not rebuilding(which is what they are doing)

Look I don't care about Kap's political stance(I think he's a joke for backtracking about kneeling now) but again people overlook other players who kneeled and still have jobs in the NFL.

Could it be that they don't find Kaep talented enough to overcome the distraction factor much like Tebow years before?

That is if the Colts are actually serious about contending and not rebuilding(which is what they are doing)

Look I don't care about Kap's political stance(I think he's a joke for backtracking about kneeling now) but again people overlook other players who kneeled and still have jobs in the NFL.

Could it be that they don't find Kaep talented enough to overcome the distraction factor much like Tebow years before?
    Tebow found other jobs. Despite being a far worse player.

Kaepernick might be a talented guy in some areas, but a drop-back passer isn't one of them. He wouldn't fit at all with the offense the Colts run - and I don't think it's worth it to redesign the offense for a guy that isn't the future. You can't put in the offense he needs to be successful in a week or 2. And probably not with the players on the roster now. There are all sorts of speculations as to why he's not on a roster now, but I think the main one is that he's just not a good pocket/drop-back QB.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Tebow found other jobs. Despite being a far worse player.
    But after the Broncos he never played beyond the preseason again.

However like Tebow I don't think Kaep is invested in being an NFL QB as much as they want the public to think they do...

But after the Broncos he never played beyond the preseason again.

However like Tebow I don't think Kaep is invested in being an NFL QB as much as they want the public to think they do...
    Because he was an awful QB.............

30. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Tebow played 12 regular season games with the Jets after the Broncos

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sam kaiserblade For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sam kaiserblade View Post
    Tebow played 12 regular season games with the Jets after the Broncos
    I should've clarified he was never a starter again after the Broncos.

Look do I think Cutler is better than Kaepernick? Not really.

He however didn't wear a Fidel Castro shirt so I get why the Dolphins who play in an area with a huge Cuban population wouldn't want to go there.

Kaepernick took a stand that's cool and the NFL made their decision too they don't have to hire him if they don't want to.

Its about $$$ at the end of the day and if Colin causes them to lose money he will be overlooked.

Same applies for anyone else really.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

So what will be Lucks first game?

I think game 4 of the regular season.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    So what will be Lucks first game?

I think game 4 of the regular season.
    If it's not game 1 then I'll pick game 7.....
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    If it's not game 1 then I'll pick game 7.....
    Zero.... Mr. Luck will be demanding a trade to the LA Rams very soon.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....