Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: 2017 Indianapolis Colts Off-season thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2017 Indianapolis Colts Off-season thread

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here's some bad news for everyone.

Damn. Although I guess this means more carries for Mack.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...or-three-days/

Pat McAfee joins PFT Live for three days

You may have noticed that we’ve been augmenting PFT Live in recent weeks with extended in-studio contributions from a variety of current and former players. In no particular order, Brian Westbrook, Willie Colon, David Diehl, Chris Simms, Shane Vereen, and Terrance “Pot Roast” Knighton have joined the show.

On Monday, a punter-turned-media-member-turned-aspiring-wrestler will bring his blue blazer (maybe) and his swear jar (definitely) to Connecticut for a three-day visit to the program.

Pat McAfee, who spent eight years with the Colts after kicking and punting for four years at West Virginia University, will join the show on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. For the last two days, we’ll be truncated by 30 minutes on NBCSN for actual, you know, sporting events, but McAfee will stick around for a full two hours of radio and, eventually, podcast and online video clips and the various other ways that the content is distributed. (Actually, it’s just TV, radio, podcasts, and online video clips.)

So join us to see and hear what McAfee has to say about current events in the NFL, his former career in the NFL, his new career with Barstool Sports, his aspirations to wrestle, and apparently an original movie idea or two.

Join us at 6:00 a.m. ET on NBC Sports Radio, and then on NBCSN at 7:00 a.m. ET.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Welp, with the PG news, time to look forward to the Colts season.

I, for one, am pumped to see this new team.

Here's a nice pump up homer article from IndyStar if you're looking for something positive....
    http://www.indystar.com/story/sports...017/401066001/

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jake0890 For This Useful Post:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-ryan-grigson/

Pat McAfee explains his disdain for Ryan Grigson

Monday’s PFT Live included a two-hour visit with former Colts punter and current Barstool Sports personality Pat McAfee. McAfee didn’t take long to continue to fire shots at the former G.M. of the team for which McAfee played.

As to the question of the day — Which NFL trade would you do right now? — McAfee suggested this one: Sending Ryan Grigson from the Browns to the CFL.

So when did McAfee first have an issue with Grigson?

“The first conversation we had together,” McAfee said. “He told me I was the lowest thing in the organization, and he does not want to keep me. Mr. Irsay is forcing him to do it. That’s our first conversation we had. Whenever he cut our entire team [in 2012] and only kept a couple people, the first conversation he told me I was the lowest thing in the organization and the only reason why I’m there because for some reason, Mr. Irsay won’t cut [me]. Literally. It’s not a love-hate relationship. It’s been a hate relationship since day one. Whenever he got fired, I was real excited. It was a great day in my life.

“The only way the Cleveland Browns could get worse, they brought him in. I’m trying to save the Cleveland Browns because the people of Cleveland deserve it. They’re beautiful, they’re amazing people. I think they should just send him to Canada. I think it would be great news for everybody, and for America, and that’s what I’m really here for. America.”

After the 2012 season, the Colts applied the franchise tag to McAfee. A year later, he signed a five-year, $14 million contract. Both decisions apparently were made by Irsay, not Grigson.

Meanwhile, we’re trying to book Grigson for Tuesday’s show, since McAfee will be back. (We’re actually not. But maybe we should.)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Ok, I think red flags are officially up on Luck. I'll take it as far as wondering if he plays this season.