Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Indianapolis Colts Off-season thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2017 Indianapolis Colts Off-season thread

Colts re-signed Darius Butler to a one year deal.

Thank god. I did not want TJ Green starting.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PaulGeorgeForPresident For This Useful Post:

I'm very happy about this. He has 2 solid years of Saftey play left in him for sure. This is a great signing.

He's the best ball-hawking DB we have, and we absolutely should have re-signed him. Nice work.

Still need a couple of inside LBs, a strong DL, pass rush DE and LBs (through the draft at this point), and a 2nd corner. Plus, lots of quality depth through the draft.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's the best ball-hawking DB we have, and we absolutely should have re-signed him. Nice work.

Still need a couple of inside LBs, a strong DL, pass rush DE and LBs (through the draft at this point), and a 2nd corner. Plus, lots of quality depth through the draft.
    Hopefully Ballard will sign Zach Brown and/or Gerald Hodges and/or Kevin Minter.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PaulGeorgeForPresident For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post

Vontae is the best ball hawking DB we have. Lets be real.

Vontae is the best DB we have, but Butler has a better knack for finding the ball I feel, which is why he's done well at 3rd CB and safety. Vontae is definitely better, though.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-sean-spence/

Colts sign Sean Spence

Linebacker Sean Spence will be moving to a new AFC South team for the 2017 season.

Spence visited with the Colts last week and Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that heís agreed to a contract with the team. PFT has confirmed that it is a one-year, $3 million agreement.

Spenceís arrival continues the major changes to the Colts linebacking corps that have marked the early part of their offseason. They released DíQwell Jackson and saw Josh McNary and Chris Carter head elsewhere as free agents while Barkevious Mingo, Jabaal Sheard and John Simon have all joined the club.

Those three project to roles on the outside while Spence will be seeing time at inside linebacker. Antonio Morrison and Edwin Jackson return from last year and could be rare holdovers in Indy if other offseason moves donít push them out of the teamís plans.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sean Spence is a decent player. Can't hate the deal especially since it's a one year rental.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Found our new #3 receiver.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PaulGeorgeForPresident For This Useful Post:

I really like these picks. Most of these players are stuck in the depth chart and haven't always had a chance to produce, though Aiken did have a really good 2015 year. Not every one of these will work out, but I like the mindset quite a bit. It's giving us a lot more flexibility with the draft as well.

ya i like everything we're doing right now. I think a couple those LB's might breakout with us.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Looks like we're primarily taking a one-year flyer on a bunch of players with potential to see if any are diamonds. Low risk, high reward.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

^^ The anti-Grigson method.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Looks like we're primarily taking a one-year flyer on a bunch of players with potential to see if any are diamonds. Low risk, high reward.
    Which also gives these players motivation to fly the straight and narrow, listen to the coaches, as well as really work on their games.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    That and barring an SB run Pagano is gone after this season. By then the team will be filled with different players for a different coach.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    That and barring an SB run Pagano is gone after this season. By then the team will be filled with different players for a different coach.
    Could be... or could be Pagano gets vindicated.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Arthur Jones era in Indianapolis has come to an end.

The Colts announced this morning that they have released Jones, a defensive tackle who has spent the last three seasons with the team.

When the Colts signed Jones to a five-year, $33 million contract in 2014, they thought he’d make a huge impact in the defense run by coach Chuck Pagano, who had previously coached Jones in Baltimore. But Jones played in just 17 games in three seasons, missing time with injuries in all three years and also serving a four-game PED suspension.

The 30-year-old Jones probably still has some football left in him. But he’s going to have to sign with a team that’s offering him a lot less money than he made in Indianapolis.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    The Arthur Jones era in Indianapolis has come to an end.

The Colts announced this morning that they have released Jones, a defensive tackle who has spent the last three seasons with the team.

When the Colts signed Jones to a five-year, $33 million contract in 2014, they thought he’d make a huge impact in the defense run by coach Chuck Pagano, who had previously coached Jones in Baltimore. But Jones played in just 17 games in three seasons, missing time with injuries in all three years and also serving a four-game PED suspension.

The 30-year-old Jones probably still has some football left in him. But he’s going to have to sign with a team that’s offering him a lot less money than he made in Indianapolis.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PaulGeorgeForPresident For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

This tweet smells like bulls!t.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to PaulGeorgeForPresident For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think it was easier for Irsay to part with legends like Manning and Polian than it is for him to break free of Pagano. He's just completely infatuated with the guy.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I think it was easier for Irsay to part with legends like Manning and Polian than it is for him to break free of Pagano. He's just completely infatuated with the guy.
    he's infatuated with getting his *** kissed and hearing nothing but positives

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

I'm sure it's harder to fire a coach that's actually likable and well-liked by players versus a Frank Kush. Especially when that coach was hamstrung by an overrated GM whose ego got out of hand (meaning that in Irsay's mind maybe Pagano wasn't the problem and he wants to be fair to a well-liked coach).
    Perhaps overly fair...
    Last edited by Bball; 03-30-2017 at 11:12 AM.

------

-John Wooden

I'm at the point where i'm just going to see what Ballard can do. I'm not gonna **** on Pags anymore. It's new season and lets roll. If we start slow, i'll be ******** though.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I'm sure it's harder to fire a coach that's actually likable and well-liked by players versus a Frank Kush. Especially when that coach was hamstrung by an overrated GM whose ego got out of hand (meaning that in Irsay's mind maybe Pagano wasn't the problem and he wants to be fair to a well-liked coach).
    Perhaps overly fair...
    I'm more inclined to think Irsay doesn't think Pagano is that great of a coach anymore than we do but who he wants either isn't available or doesn't want the job. Caldwell was well liked by people but he still got canned.

All I know about Frank Kush is that he's the reason why Elway never wanted to play for the Colts but I thought his dad was the one that got rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    ....... Caldwell was well liked by people ........
    I think you'll find just as many on the other side of the fence. If not more.