Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: 2017 Indianapolis Colts Off-season thread

Default Re: 2017 Indianapolis Colts Off-season thread

He'll play when he plays. Hopefully this gives the offensive line to work together and get rid of the kinks before Luck gets back. Tolzien can be preseason fodder.

Also excited to see how the defense plays. Lot more talent than we've had.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Zero.... Mr. Luck will be demanding a trade to the LA Rams very soon.
    I wonder what city the Rams will move to next? I can see San Diego heading back to San Diego.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Zero.... Mr. Luck will be demanding a trade to the LA Rams very soon.
    Why the Rams?

I figured he would go to the Broncos.... who need a QB

I mean the Colts would never trade him to Denver but if he were to leave the Colts for whatever reason I figured he would go to the Broncos.

Worked out well for the other #1 draft picks that went there.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I wonder what city the Rams will move to next? I can see San Diego heading back to San Diego.
    What? Their owner is building a world class stadium in LA. The Rams aren't going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Why the Rams?

I figured he would go to the Broncos.... who need a QB

I mean the Colts would never trade him to Denver but if he were to leave the Colts for whatever reason I figured he would go to the Broncos.

Worked out well for the other #1 draft picks that went there.
    The Colts would never trade him, period. To the Broncos or anywhere else.

Guess I needed to use green... It was a joke folks. Playing off the Paul George demand of going to LA or bust. I see no signs Andrew Luck would play it the way Paul did.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    What? Their owner is building a world class stadium in LA. The Rams aren't going anywhere.
    Their new city will build a world class stadium for them at taxpayer expense. As soon as the new wears off the crowds will dwindle and they will be searching for a new city proving once again LA just doesn't support the NFL for whatever reason. It won't be in a couple of seasons or anything... but the Rams won't be there in 20 years. And neither will the Chargers.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

The Colts would never trade him, period. To the Broncos or anywhere else.
    This is the world of professional sports very few athletes stay with the same team their entire career.

I'm sure many around here thought Manning would be a Colt his entire career. Didn't work out that way.

We don't know what the future holds.

It just wouldn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Their new city will build a world class stadium for them at taxpayer expense. As soon as the new wears off the crowds will dwindle and they will be searching for a new city proving once again LA just doesn't support the NFL for whatever reason. It won't be in a couple of seasons or anything... but the Rams won't be there in 20 years. And neither will the Chargers.
    I'd bet anything the Rams are still there in 20 years. I could envision a scenario where the Chargers would leave, but the Rams are staying in LA.

This is the world of professional sports very few athletes stay with the same team their entire career.

I'm sure many around here thought Manning would be a Colt his entire career. Didn't work out that way.

We don't know what the future holds.

It just wouldn't surprise me.
    This isn't the NBA. The elite, franchise QBs stick with their franchises for a very long time.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The ****?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulGeorgeForPresident View Post
    The ****?
    I had to search to find out what 'failed physical designation' means .... what I get is that it's a way for the team to get rid of an injured player along with that players base salary. They don't have to negotiate settlement for the injury.

This isn't the NBA. The elite, franchise QBs stick with their franchises for a very long time.
    Yes they usually do but not for their whole career was my point.

I think the only QB that was a franchise player that was let go/traded was Drew Brees because they didn't think he would come back to form after being injured.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ress/#comments

Former Colts wideout Anthony Gonzalez considering run for Congress

Former Colts quarterback Peyton Manning keeps denying heís going to get into politics. One of his former teammates appears to be considering it.

According to Andrew Tobias of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, former Colts wide receiver Anthony Gonzalez is considering a run for Ohioís 16th Congressional District,

He was the Colts first-rounder in 2007, but his career was cut short by injuries, as he played just 40 games in five seasons, and only 11 of those his final three years.

But as a former Ohio State standout, he still has plenty of name recognition in the Buckeye state, and could be parlaying that into a run.

Gonzalez has met with Republican officials, and is holding meetings regarding the seat currently held by U.S. Rep. Jim Renacci, who is running for Governor.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I freaking give up.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Already? Too early for that

That's why it's important to cultivate depth.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Yes they usually do but not for their whole career was my point.

I think the only QB that was a franchise player that was let go/traded was Drew Brees because they didn't think he would come back to form after being injured.
    I also don't think the Chargers saw him as a franchise type guy at the time. He was kind of erratic until he got to New Orleans.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I also don't think the Chargers saw him as a franchise type guy at the time. He was kind of erratic until he got to New Orleans.
    IIRC, the Chargers took Rivers to replace Brees, but then Drew played really well for a couple years. Then he had that bad injury when he was up for a new contract so they went with Rivers instead.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Quote Originally Posted by Natston View Post
    IIRC, the Chargers took Rivers to replace Brees, but then Drew played really well for a couple years. Then he had that bad injury when he was up for a new contract so they went with Rivers instead.
    They technically took Eli Manning but traded him for Phillip Rivers but yeah the rest is right.

The Dolphins also didn't want Drew Brees (which I'm sure they are kicking themselves over) because of said injury.

They technically took Eli Manning but traded him for Phillip Rivers but yeah the rest is right.

The Dolphins also didn't want Drew Brees (which I'm sure they are kicking themselves over) because of said injury.

Was quite the chain reaction. Brees goes to Dolphins, they likely succeed, Saban stays, and Alabama is likely not the powerhouse it is now with Saban solidifying himself as a college coaching legend.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to natjjohn For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Natston View Post
    if I remember right SD offered him a pretty comparable deal total value wise to what he got with NO but SD's deal was majorly incentive based and NO guaranteed a ton more. I don't blame the Chargers really, it was a pretty nasty injury, at the time it was a "he may never be the same" kinda injury.

is a pretty crazy what coulda been both ways. you've got the scenario laid out of Miami not passing and Saban staying (maybe) and what that means for Bama, but what if Brees stays in SD? Rivers is a HOFer, what woulda become of him?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    if I remember right SD offered him a pretty comparable deal total value wise to what he got with NO but SD's deal was majorly incentive based and NO guaranteed a ton more. I don't blame the Chargers really, it was a pretty nasty injury, at the time it was a "he may never be the same" kinda injury.

is a pretty crazy what coulda been both ways. you've got the scenario laid out of Miami not passing and Saban staying (maybe) and what that means for Bama, but what if Brees stays in SD? Rivers is a HOFer, what woulda become of him?
    Since Rivers was traded for Eli Manning by the Giants he might've ended up elsewhere and could have a ring by now.