Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pat McAfee Retiring

Default Re: Pat McAfee Retiring

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs231721 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And just eyeballing the number of punts inside the 20, it doesn't look like the Colts were particularly efficient in that part of punting either.
    And it doesn't take into consideration where the kick initiated from. Punting from your own 5 - well - that's not going to get inside the 20. They need to figure out a legit stat for this. Attempts/success.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Pat McAfee Retiring

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    Pat's talents on the football field will be missed. Arguably was the best punter in the NFL

At this point we need to be upset a player retired early to be a blogger. (And I'm a Barstool Sports fan)
    He's definitely the GOAT punter in my book. I can't think of a single time I cursed at the tv because of Pat McAfee. That's unheard of for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Pat's talents on the football field will be missed. Arguably was the best punter in the NFL

At this point we need to be upset a player retired early to be a blogger. (And I'm a Barstool Sports fan)
    It doesn't make the Colts look good that he would rather blog than punt but he's also had a lot of surgeries on that knee people act as if these guys aren't human they only play a short time in the NFL they have the rest of their lives to live too. Quality of life matters.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Which wasn't Pat. The coverage team was absolutely dreadful in downing punts. There was at least 5 punts during the season that resulted in touchbacks from stupid mistakes.
    That's at least partially to blame on Pat as well, but no doubt there was some terrible play from the coverage team.

As strong as Pat's leg is, he should've been routinely putting the ball inside the 20, if not the 10.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    It doesn't make the Colts look good that he would rather blog than punt but he's also had a lot of surgeries on that knee people act as if these guys aren't human they only play a short time in the NFL they have the rest of their lives to live too. Quality of life matters.
    Yeah I should have mentioned the surgeries as well. It wasn't just the other job prospect that made him retire, he was also worried about his long term health and he's made a boat load of money already

I was just saying if he believed Indy was going to be a Super Bowl contender soon he probably would have at least played out his contract, IMO. He made the Super Bowl in 2009 against the Saints where Indy came up short so part of him probably would have wanted to add Super Bowl champ to his resume but I'm not him so who knows. He almost retired last training camp from what I read, some people just lose the fire and it's been clear comedy is something he really has a passion for

Just a semi knock on the Colts because if Indy wasn't a mess then maybe Irsay could have convinced him to play one more year. But then again, I'm not in his shoes so who knows. Just being selfish because I enjoyed having a punter like him and regardless of how insignificant a punter is, it still sucks to lose a guy who was a top player at his position and worked very well with Vinny

It was bittersweet. Barstool Sports stole one of the Colts' good players but I'm glad I can see him on Barstool now and that he's creating Barstool Indy
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Yeah I should have mentioned the surgeries as well. It wasn't just the other job prospect that made him retire, he was also worried about his long term health and he's made a boat load of money already

I was just saying if he believed Indy was going to be a Super Bowl contender soon he probably would have at least played out his contract, IMO. He made the Super Bowl in 2009 against the Saints where Indy came up short so part of him probably would have wanted to add Super Bowl champ to his resume but I'm not him so who knows. He almost retired last training camp from what I read, some people just lose the fire and it's been clear comedy is something he really has a passion for

Just a semi knock on the Colts because if Indy wasn't a mess then maybe Irsay could have convinced him to play one more year. But then again, I'm not in his shoes so who knows. Just being selfish because I enjoyed having a punter like him and regardless of how insignificant a punter is, it still sucks to lose a guy who was a top player at his position and worked very well with Vinny

It was bittersweet. Barstool Sports stole one of the Colts' good players but I'm glad I can see him on Barstool now and that he's creating Barstool Indy

I do think that is a factor even if he won't publically admit to it the Colts are in a semi rebuild at the moment if they were going to possibly win an SB he would've stayed longer or maybe not he doesn't seem to be that obsessed with football to me.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    I do think that is a factor even if he won't publically admit to it the Colts are in a semi rebuild at the moment if they were going to possibly win an SB he would've stayed longer or maybe not he doesn't seem to be that obsessed with football to me.
    He definitely lost a bit of the passion and he probably was never a guy who lived and breathed football like some do, which is perfectly fine

But yeah a little bit of me thinks if the Colts weren't a dumpster fire at the moment and were going to be in the discussion to contend against the Pats next season, he may have given it one more year. (As far as I know, the Barstool job was his whenever he decided to hang it up. There was no deadline) but the Colts going through another semi-rebuild/rebuild and dealing with dumbass Grigson for so long (F U Grigson) probably was the nail in the coffin.

Ballard doesn't sound like a tool but he probably didn't think busting his knees up was worth finding out, plus the fact the Colts can't even beat their division rivals anymore....

Can't say I blame him too much and I thought I read as long as he kept playing there were going to be guaranteed more surgeries to clean up his knees
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Well, this helps explain it maybe a little sort of ??

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ju...bels-it-a-ped/

"It was a hard decision, very, very hard because I absolutely love the Colts," McAfee said, via WTHR. "I think that's why I was so upset with how the [Ryan] Grigson era was going because Jim Irsay has just been a godsend for me and my family.
    "The NFL is really cool, and if I was a quarterback or played a position where I could have more of a grip on the game, I'd really love it," he said this week. "But I didn't feel fulfillment out of punting.
    So - yeah - I can see him being 'bored'. But I could take a lot of boredom for 3 million a year.

And WTF ??

First day of retirement I tried adderal for my first time... completely understand why it's considered a PED in the league..

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    Well, this helps explain it maybe a little sort of ??

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ju...bels-it-a-ped/

So - yeah - I can see him being 'bored'. But I could take a lot of boredom for 3 million a year.

And WTF ??
    Aphrodisiac? Pat.....you tiger.

Sports Logo

guy's elite at his position. guy retires early, arguably, which is fine. unarguably hurts the team we all support. which is still fine, already provided what he "owed" to the fans. guy proceeds to trash his former boss on the way out and brag about illegally taking prescription drugs cuz he's a wild and crazy guy. gets lauded cuz he's just a nutty kicker.

this is what I'm talking about with the he's just a punter stuff. he's a DB and does this, a WR, OL, whatever, anything where being kooky doesn't make you cute and zany it's completely different. but he's a punter so it's yeah Pat, you do you, go make corny jokes a bunch of 30 somethings that think they're still 20 something are hilarious. Vontae Davis retires tomorrow and it's completely different.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

If it weren't for this:

he wouldn't have the 'fame' around here that he does.

If it weren't for this:

he wouldn't have the 'fame' around here that he does.

He was also a good punter there have been many Colts players through the years that have been arrested but not nearly as good at their position. To say him being arrested is the main reason he has the fame around here that he does isn't accurate.

He's also been one of the more consistent players in recent years. Which is sad commentary of the Colts your punter shouldn't be one of your more famous players on the team. And he has a personality something that most punters aren't known for.

Heisenberg makes good points too if he were a WR etc it would be different. But Pat is well liked by most of his peers so I think that factors into why what he does is "acceptable" compared to others.

^^ BS

He never would have appeared on Bob & Tom if not for his canal swim.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

^^ BS

He never would have appeared on Bob & Tom if not for his canal swim.

Yes because that's the barometer of fame apparently.... Pat has an actual personality which isn't hard to find on the Colts team since so many on this team lacked one. People flock to someone who's the life of the party and on this team that was Pat.

Luck is good but he's boring personality wise.

Same with the others of the team. I think after Manning left it helped Pat raise his profile around these parts.

The canal swim was a factor but not the only reason he has any level of fame again he's a good punter(and a better tackler than some of our actual defensive players) if he wasn't good at his job nobody would notice him.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post: