Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade targets

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Trade targets

Crabbe, Ibaka, Milsap, Noel, Wesley Matthews, McCullom, Nurkic, Bogut...

Anyone we like? What will it take?

Default Re: Trade targets

Hell no to Bogut. Nurkic isn't the one I want, Jokic is .

Cuban "says" he values Wes Matthews as a team cornerstone going forward but who knows, could be BS.

Ibaka I like but we need shooters more than him. Orlando has no shooters outside of Fournier.

Not sure what the Hawks will do with Milsap. They might move him closer to the deadline but you never can tell.

Noel isn't worth much. Young big who'll need a re-sign soon. Can block shots and rebound but he still isn't fully back yet from the surgery. Plus he can't shoot jumpers or free throws. Problematic.

CJ McCollum I would love to have but am not sure Larry is bright enough to piece together the complicated trade it'll take to acquire him with KP's help.

Crabbe I'd like to have, would be easier to get.

Of these, you could realistically get Nurkic for a first rounder - and he's young enough to justify it - but I'm weary of the fit with Myles. Struggles to defend quicker PF's, and isn't as efficient a scorer as you'd like him to be for a guy with no range. But he's a plus rebounder/screener, and can hit cutters pretty well from the high post ( a la West,Murphy).

The rest, maybe Matthews can be had. But he's basically just a guy that hits open threes at this point in his career. And his contract sucks. Noel can be had, but you'd be trading an asset for a rental.

I don't think any of the others are realistic.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JB24 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Wait, don't we need assets that other teams want to trade for someone of actual value?

What assets do we have that teams may actually want?

And don't say we have a 1st round pick.....we need draft picks to develop if pg13 leaves.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

PJ Tucker and Arthur.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

I want no trades. In the long run will just hurt the team.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wait, don't we need assets that other teams want to trade for someone of actual value?

What assets do we have that teams may actually want?

And don't say we have a 1st round pick.....we need draft picks to develop if pg13 leaves.
    This is a very good question CableKC. When you take out Myles, PG13 and Teague, who do you have left on this Pacers team that would bring any player of value in a trade? If these 3 are the building blocks of the future, we have CJ, Stuckey, Monta and Thad to offer for trade. Anyone interested?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm going to disagree with this part of your statement. Trading a 1st round draft pick for a young, proven player would not be a bad move. I don't know who that player would be, but I would not rule out moving a 1st round pick.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sav For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JB24 View Post
    Of these, you could realistically get Nurkic for a first rounder - and he's young enough to justify it - but I'm weary of the fit with Myles. Struggles to defend quicker PF's, and isn't as efficient a scorer as you'd like him to be for a guy with no range. But he's a plus rebounder/screener, and can hit cutters pretty well from the high post ( a la West,Murphy).

The rest, maybe Matthews can be had. But he's basically just a guy that hits open threes at this point in his career. And his contract sucks. Noel can be had, but you'd be trading an asset for a rental.

I don't think any of the others are realistic.

Dion Waiters, Nick Young, Nikola Mirotic are realistic. All are on expiring contracts or have a player option for next season. They can be had for probably a young prospect (Christmas, Niang, Joe) and or a 2nd rounder. Lakers and Heat are losing teams, Bulls want to get "something" for Nikola. Those should be your targets.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Dion Waiters, Nick Young, Nikola Mirotic are realistic. All are on expiring contracts or have a player option for next season. They can be had for probably a young prospect (Christmas, Niang, Joe) and or a 2nd rounder. Lakers and Heat are losing teams, Bulls want to get "something" for Nikola. Those should be your targets.
    Christmas/Young + ours salary cap room enables to take 5.187 mil of salary back. Mirotic and SwaggyP make more - so no.

Also Christmas/Young/Niang have shown nothing to be called "prospects". They are roster fodder on their way out of league... We don't have a single prospect in our team as Myles is (prematurely to expectations) already a bonafide starter and amongst team's "Big 3". Behind him, only GRIII can get on the floor but even he has failed to show any real upside.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PetPaima For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Our two best trade chips are Young and Teague.

Obviously Paul would bring back a pretty nice haul, but I'd assume that trading him would be our last option.

Outside of that, we don't have much to part with in order to receive something of substance.

I could deal with Waiters being crazy arrogant. He's at the least got a killer attitude and i like it a lot. We need it.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    Our two best trade chips are Young and Teague.
    And that means Thad Young, not Joe... Me & Grimp were speaking about Joe.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PetPaima For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PetPaima View Post
    And that means Thad Young, not Joe... Me & Grimp were speaking about Joe.
    My post wasn't in reply to yours. I dont take anything seriously when talking about trading Joe Young and a second round pick for anything.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    My post wasn't in reply to yours. I dont take anything seriously when talking about trading Joe Young and a second round pick for anything.
    Yeah, the only roles Joe would play in such a trade is to

a) open a roster spot
    b) enable us to take one mil more back

It would net us exactly same kind of a player as a 2nd-round pick alone. Kris Humphries, Randy Foye or something in that class...

22. The Following User Says Thank You to PetPaima For This Useful Post:

I'm not sure Young is not on this roster because he's PG's " boy ".

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    I'm not sure Young is not on this roster because he's PG's " boy ".
    Repeat of the Hans bros

Quote Originally Posted by PetPaima View Post
    Christmas/Young + ours salary cap room enables to take 5.187 mil of salary back. Mirotic and SwaggyP make more - so no.

Also Christmas/Young/Niang have shown nothing to be called "prospects". They are roster fodder on their way out of league... We don't have a single prospect in our team as Myles is (prematurely to expectations) already a bonafide starter and amongst team's "Big 3". Behind him, only GRIII can get on the floor but even he has failed to show any real upside.

We have expiring's though. Lavoy, Brooks, Seraphin, CJ Miles in some cases (ETO this June). So I think we could acquire all 3 guys. Waiters is not in Miami's long term plans. So I imagine Stuckey for Waiters would work considering they have Josh Richardson as a young SG. Stuckey would probably pick up his option in Miami and they'd have him as a solid backup for 1 more season.

As for Nick Young, Lakers would take back a young prospect and a 2nd rounder for him. It's the best they'd get for Nick with his baggage and expiring contract.

The Bulls because they're coached by Hoiberg (Iowa state), I think Dangling Niang and a 2019 protected 1st would get that done for Mirotic.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Cousy47 View Post
    This is a very good question CableKC. When you take out Myles, PG13 and Teague, who do you have left on this Pacers team that would bring any player of value in a trade? If these 3 are the building blocks of the future, we have CJ, Stuckey, Monta and Thad to offer for trade. Anyone interested?
    I wouldn't be interested.....and they're on the Pacers.

@WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    The Pacers would have to send out about $21 mil in Salary just to match. The only contracts that even make sense would be some 2 Player combination of Monta/Thad/AlJeff....which is a mediocre offer at best.

But as I said earlier....when Melo is traded.....he'll be traded to some Team and it wouldn't surprise me if the offer resulted in a lot of "Damn, that's all the Knicks got for Melo" type responses ( think what the Celtics got for Rondo....which turned out to be pretty cheap when getting Crowder out of that trade ).

I wouldn't be interested.....and they're on the Pacers.
    We're NOT trading Thad. I mean, if they go PF hunting in the off-season Thad is your backup PF. I think we have players of interest simply because they make getting deals done easier. Most trades now are about picks. Ellis and Stuckey have value to contenders who need an extra guard or a solid vet off the bench.

The Bulls right now need a point guard, Cavs, Lakers also because Russell will be out until mid February with that bone bruise and sprain. People said G. Hill had no trade value and look what happened. Our guys struggle on this team because they're playing with too many other players who have similar skill sets. Doesn't mean other teams don't value these players.

The Pacers would have to send out about $21 mil in Salary just to match. The only contracts that even make sense would be some 2 Player combination of Monta/Thad/AlJeff....which is a mediocre offer at best.

But as I said earlier....when Melo is traded.....he'll be traded to some Team and it wouldn't surprise me if the offer resulted in a lot of "Damn, that's all the Knicks got for Melo" type responses ( think what the Celtics got for Rondo....which turned out to be pretty cheap when getting Crowder out of that trade ).

And that's where expiring contracts work in our favor. Realistically? We couldn't get Nick Young, Waiters and Nikola Mirotic. But because 3 are on expiring contracts and 2 are on losing teams with no playoff hopes (except the Bulls).... it means their value drops and makes acquiring them easier.

Yeah Knicks are not getting **** for Melo remember he gets to choose where he wants to go, Thad,Stuckey and First round pick is probably one of the best offers available.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Yeah Knicks are not getting **** for Melo remember he gets to choose where he wants to go, Thad,Stuckey and First round pick is probably one of the best offers available.
    Thad + Ellis + CJ + 1st round pick works
    or
    Ellis + CJ + Al Jeff + 1st round pick

Now to take back Melo's salary? We don't have to send these players to the Knicks? But we do have to unload these salaries regardless. Larry could distribute pieces elsewhere. Send maybe 2 guys and a 1st to the Knicks for Melo. Then send another guy elsewhere for a starting quality shooting guard. Our bench would be quite empty, so we'd have to call up Pothyress and maybe Bentil and sign them.