Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: I would trade Paul George before the deadline

Default Re: I would trade Paul George before the deadline

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Not looking down on anyone, stop playing the victim. If you are going to make a series of knee jerk reaction threads, then you should be man enough to take reactions like mine. My opinion should be pretty obvious: I think it's a stupid idea.
    My threads are not knee jerk. I think the provoke a lot of thoughts and i'm proud of them. Thanks. I think you should just not post in the threads if you dont like them. That's all i ask. At the very least if you want to post, post about a topic at hand. That's all i ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Cost savings, Young guys that still can develop, Nance is a good role player and should be years to come. I think Russell can grow into a winning piece for an NBA team, and Ingram is learning, come one year from now I would say there is no way this deal would happen on LA's side, but right now they need a STAR, would be good for them, good for us and good for PG. He would hopefully be revitalized by being home, and being a Laker. Teague/Russell/Ingram/Young/Turner/ with Monte coming in as a 6th man. Sounds like a good young group to build around.
    Only guy on that team that might have star potential is Ingram everybody else is meh, if Pacers are trading PG I hope they aim higher.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

I would shop PG around & make that team take Monta as well.

PG & Monta to Phoenix for Devin Booker, TJ Warren, Erick Bledsoe, Tyson Chandler & 1st.

PG & Monta to Denver for Garry Harris, Wilson Chandler, Jamal Murray, Hermangomez, Kenneth Faired & 1st.

PG & Monta to Lakers for Brandon Ingram, Jordan Clarkson, Julius Randle, Ivica Zubac, Tarick Black & 1st.

PG & Monta to Clippers for Blake Griffin, Jamal Crawford & 1st.

PG & Monta to Boston for Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, Avery Bradley, Jae Crowder, Jonas Jarebko & 1st.

PG & Monta to Houston for Eric Gordon, Trevor Ariza, Corey Brewer, Montezl Harrell, Sam Dekker & 1st.

All these work on Trade Machine. Just threw a random team in & made a trade.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post

PG & Monta to Phoenix for Devin Booker, TJ Warren, Erick Bledsoe, Tyson Chandler & 1st.

PG & Monta to Denver for Garry Harris, Wilson Chandler, Jamal Murray, Hermangomez, Kenneth Faired & 1st.

PG & Monta to Lakers for Brandon Ingram, Jordan Clarkson, Julius Randle, Ivica Zubac, Tarick Black & 1st.

PG & Monta to Boston for Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, Avery Bradley, Jae Crowder, Jonas Jarebko & 1st.

PG & Monta to Houston for Eric Gordon, Trevor Ariza, Corey Brewer, Montezl Harrell, Sam Dekker & 1st.

I dont really like any of these. Paul and monta sound great after looking at all of them...minus the clippers trade
    Lifelong pacers fan

"I'm your huckleberry"

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    Reminder for the forgetful, we're just 8 months removed from PG's superstar performance against the Raptors in the playoffs. Didn't hear anyone complaining back then.

Slag off PG all you want for saving his heroics for the postseason, but there's a certain Pacers legend who did exactly the same.
    And it was still a first round exit. Pay that man his money!!!
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Do you understand that we don't have any open roster spots. There would be a massive waive-project to do any of these (except the Clipper-one)

And btw - none of those teams would agree. You overvalue our guys...

It would take one hell of a haul for me to want to trade Paul George. Boston might be able to get it done but it would take our choice of players and at least 3 first including the Brooklyn pick. I'm still all in for paying the man. IMO we can still build a contender around Paul, we just need the right man running the show.
    Larry Bird qouted March 25th. 2015:

Bird: I wanted to keep our group together because in the summer, if David and Roy opt out, we're back to zero, really. We don't have that much, so you leave your options open. If we did make a trade, I didn't want to take on a lot of contracts -- because that's what usually happens. Plus, I liked my guys. They're playing well. If we keep the core together and Paul comes back healthy, we'll be right back to where we were.

No offense but those trade proposals are pretty bad.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    My threads are not knee jerk. I think the provoke a lot of thoughts and i'm proud of them. Thanks. I think you should just not post in the threads if you dont like them. That's all i ask. At the very least if you want to post, post about a topic at hand. That's all i ask.
    That works two ways: If you don't like the responses, don't respond to them and create a dialogue. If you stop complaining, you'll see I have posted about the topic at hand in this very thread.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Only guy on that team that might have star potential is Ingram everybody else is meh, if Pacers are trading PG I hope they aim higher.
    Classic case of overvaluing our own prospects, PG has value, but not getting a star and potential players back for him.
    Why so SERIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Classic case of overvaluing our own prospects, PG has value, but not getting a star and potential players back for him.
    None of those players are stars though, just prospects.
    Larry Bird qouted March 25th. 2015:

Bird: I wanted to keep our group together because in the summer, if David and Roy opt out, we're back to zero, really. We don't have that much, so you leave your options open. If we did make a trade, I didn't want to take on a lot of contracts -- because that's what usually happens. Plus, I liked my guys. They're playing well. If we keep the core together and Paul comes back healthy, we'll be right back to where we were.

It's not going to matter if Bird can't get a better coach and at least one more PG-level or better talent in here, not to mention in the right positional/skillset niche plus expanding our depth. That's what it would take for this group to get into upper echelon conversation. Bird's shown no ability and/or interest in either of those. Now Paul's down to 1.5 seasons. The clock is seriously ticking. We looks as mediocre as ever and he looks as disinterested as ever. From that standpoint, I'd consider moving him for the right deal, which would be more about getting some younger talent to develop and draft picks. I think time is against us as far as things working out for a PG-oriented team here.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    He's free to criticize your original post. And you are free to ignore him and let four pages of solid comments from solid members refute his opinion.
    "Look, it's up to me to put a team around ... Lance right now." —Kevin Pritchard press conference

If the Pacers are going to trade PG, I would trade him McCollum

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BornIndy07 View Post
    If the Pacers are going to trade PG, I would trade him McCollum
    Basically impossible. Trading a guy who has already signed an extension, but it has not yet kicked in, is something which can not be done under CBA. (can, but it is really difficult).

Read the rules & math here : http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...-with-Portland.

Especially the 5th post.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PetPaima For This Useful Post:

PG is so ready to GTFO is not even funny

Paul needs to learn to shut his trap.

Seriously don't see a deadline trade that's makeable that would lead us much further than we will get anyway. Leadership is as much a learned trait as it is born ready. Some players just don't have the desire to be the 'leader' that has to hold his teammates responsible for poor play.
    I have never seen any sign that PG wants that get in someone's face responsibility. Bird was a natural at that kind of leadership and maybe don't really understand guys who aren't.
    If I'm right about Paul, who do we have that is capable of assuming the floor leadership role? Teague would seem the next in line to assume the floor general mantle that I think GHill carried as best he could when he was here, but is it too early in the relationship for Teague to step up?

In Larry's shoe's, l'd look at the possible need to let PG go at the end of the season, if the possibilities of young talent like the Laker trade is available.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Paul needs to learn to shut his trap.
    I'd like to get the full context before I'd judge on this. Indiana fans can accept being outplayed, but they DO NOT tolerate losing because of playing like **** on the floor. That's the only time I've seen Pacer fans boo their team, and quite frankly, they deserved to be booed last night during that ****show of a 3rd quarter. That's the closest I've come to walking out before the game ends before.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I'm just hoping that Bird doesn't pull a Lance ( or do what the Hawks did with Horford ) and hope that PG13 stays. It's becoming clear that PG13 is becoming frustrated with carrying a Team that is mediocre at best and won't likely improve in the next season.

If Bird is smart ( instead of being stubborn and holding onto hope ), he'll start figuring out what a Post-PG13 team will look like under a Teague/Myles led Pacer Team between now and the Summer of 2017. But it wouldn't surprise me if he tries to re-load one more time, fail and we see PG13 bolt ( which I think will happen short of a ECF appearance between now and the time that PG13 becomes a UFA in the Summer of 2018 ).
    Last edited by CableKC; 01-24-2017 at 02:37 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Last edited by vnzla81; 01-24-2017 at 04:23 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Paul need to shut the **** up and start focusing on improving his play.

The guy is going. We either trade him or get nothing for him. I have a feeling we wont get anything for him. Typical.

No kidding. PG's effort and whining for the majority of this season deserves a fair amount of boos. It's about time he grows up and looks in the mirror.

2015-2016:
    23pts 42FG% 37 3pt% 7rebs 4assists 2stls

"OMG PG comes back from injury at superstar status. He almost single-handedly beats Toronto by himself, we've got to build around this guy"

2016-2017:
    22pts 45FG% 38 3pt% 6rebs 3assists 2stls

"OMG PG is mailing it in. Gotta send him out"

Never change PD, never change. PG really is the new whipping boy. I'd think after chasing all the other ones out of town, only to find out that the grass isn't greener on the other side, would make people pause but clearly not. Obviously another example is needed, and I still doubt that will make it all sink in.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post: