Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I would trade Paul George before the deadline

Default I would trade Paul George before the deadline

It's not that i dont like PG. I just think he's reached his peak. He looks disinterested every other night, or lost. I think this is the highest his trade value will be. Imagine if you offered PG to Boston for that Brooklyn pick and Avery Bradley. Does Boston say no? Adding PG could make them legit championship contenders. We havent even gotten a guarantee that PG even wants to be here. There has been no movement on extension talks. And I think this team needs to be about Teague and Myles anyhow. No matter what we do, this team as currently constructed has a 4th seed ceiling.

I no everyone thinks this is a crazy idea. But this seems like an obvious move. Trade PG.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:

Default Re: I would trade Paul George before the deadline

Paul will leave if Larry doesn't fix the holes on this team. Trading him doesn't make any sense. He's our only star player. I assume you're upset because he isn't dropping 40 every night? Well he has weapons now so he's trying to get them off first before he does his own thing. Paul's usage rate with Vogel was very high. It's been that way for years. Now this is the first season he isn't being used a lot and he's having trouble adjusting. Every play is not designed for him, that takes some getting used to. Also we lack shooters. A team that lacks shooting will always have their superstar doubled and such. Remember last season in Utah Paul had 40+ and we still lost. Mostly because of George Hill showing fear down the gut of the game.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:

What we could get for Paul may be more than what we'll get from Paul the rest of his career if we re-sign him.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What we could get for Paul may be more than what we'll get from Paul the rest of his career if we re-sign him.
    I am not sure what you think the problem with him is. The issue is the team needs more shooting. Period.

Reality is that he's not going anywhere.....however if he was I would move him to LA for Randle, Ingram and a 1st/Russell
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MillerTime For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    I am not sure what you think the problem with him is. The issue is the team needs more shooting. Period.
    The biggest issue is defense and we're too damn undersized at too many positions. We need a physical front court player much more than shooting.
    Larry Bird qouted March 25th. 2015:

Bird: I wanted to keep our group together because in the summer, if David and Roy opt out, we're back to zero, really. We don't have that much, so you leave your options open. If we did make a trade, I didn't want to take on a lot of contracts -- because that's what usually happens. Plus, I liked my guys. They're playing well. If we keep the core together and Paul comes back healthy, we'll be right back to where we were.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    The biggest issue is defense and we're too damn undersized at too many positions. We need a physical front court player much more than shooting.
    In that scenario you acquire a center and move Thad to the bench and Myles to the PF spot. But in reality, in a league where centers are almost extinct? Who realistically could we get? Cousins might get traded now that Rudy is done for the year. Playoffs aren't happening for Sac now but the West really has no centers available. Denver has Jokic, but they rumoredly want to trade Nurkic. He's not that great. I was thinking maybe Mason Plumlee from Portland. But he has no offensive game whatsoever.

Suns have Chandler (old as hell), Len is a bust so it's a no go there.

In that scenario you acquire a center and move Thad to the bench and Myles to the PF spot. But in reality, in a league where centers are almost extinct? Who realistically could we get? Cousins might get traded now that Rudy is done for the year. Playoffs aren't happening for Sac now but the West really has no centers available. Denver has Jokic, but they rumoredly want to trade Nurkic. He's not that great. I was thinking maybe Mason Plumlee from Portland. But he has no offensive game whatsoever.

Willie Cauley-Stein
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

It doesn't have to be a center just a big physical front court player that can rebound and defend against stronger post players. You can define Turner's position any way you want to but he needs someone to cover his weakness in the paint. I'd like to see Larry find a way to dump some salary and go after Favors this summer. He's looking better the more he plays and he's still very young. It's not easy to find a great shooter or a great big man without holes in their games, if they're really good then they aren't available.
    Larry Bird qouted March 25th. 2015:

Bird: I wanted to keep our group together because in the summer, if David and Roy opt out, we're back to zero, really. We don't have that much, so you leave your options open. If we did make a trade, I didn't want to take on a lot of contracts -- because that's what usually happens. Plus, I liked my guys. They're playing well. If we keep the core together and Paul comes back healthy, we'll be right back to where we were.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

It looks like PG is not having fun again, GREAT .....
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    Willie Cauley-Stein
    WCS needs 5 years before he is close to a finished product, and the sooner he's out of Sac and to a real basketball team the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    It doesn't have to be a center just a big physical front court player that can rebound and defend against stronger post players. You can define Turner's position any way you want to but he needs someone to cover his weakness in the paint. I'd like to see Larry find a way to dump some salary and go after Favors this summer. He's looking better the more he plays and he's still very young. It's not easy to find a great shooter or a great big man without holes in their games, if they're really good then they aren't available.

Ok so PF's on the market? Pelicans aren't trading Anthony Davis. Miami has said they aren't trading Whiteside but I don't know if that's true. Either way we'd have to give up a ton to get him. I wouldn't mind doing it but is Miami going to part with him or not? There were rumors but the most recent ones said they don't consider him as "on the block." If I were Larry I would make an offer for him. 2017 1st, 2019 1st and probably one of our guards. But it seems Miami sees HW as a cornerstone. Although, they can't get into free agency this Summer unless Him or Dragic are moved. Too much salary on the books.

Paul George for Jaylen Brown, Avery Bradley and the Nets pick
    //

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Pace Maker For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would make you pass a breathalyzer before posting new threads if I was a mod

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I would make you pass a breathalyzer before posting new threads if I was a mod
    Some people just refuse to let go or face up.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

If we can trade Paul and get back defense, rebounding and someone willing to consistently drive to the basket I'm IN!!!!
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the esteem of Elohim,
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be kind towards one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as Elohim also forgave you in Messiah.

Here's a stat that explains our problem. We haven't had anything close to 18 ppg production from our shooting guard position in years. Just like we hadn't had double digit assist production from our point guard position in one single season of the George Hill era.

The Pacers mainly need to determine if Paul wants traded. If he does, fine. You just need to get the best deal possible and do it soon. There's no point trying to hang onto a player who wants traded.

If he wants to stay in Indy, you still keep him. It really is that simple.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Here's a stat that explains our problem. We haven't had anything close to 18 ppg production from our shooting guard position in years. Just like we hadn't had double digit assist production from our point guard position in one single season of the George Hill era.
    Are we talking averaging double-digit assists? If so, that's something reserved for less than a handful of players in the entire league, if that, each season. Only way you're averaging double

29. The Following User Says Thank You to BenR1990 For This Useful Post:

Lurker of the Year Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

I'm just gonna skip all the posts in this thread and say this, if the team has vastly underperformed at the end of the season, this possibility will be addressed in the offseason. It's a complete waste of time to discuss it now. It's absolutely not happening at the deadline.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Bird needs to call chicago and ask for Jimmy Butler, I'm open to trading PG for Jimmy and Mirotic.

(Of course Jimmy is the better player so I don't know if Chicago is that stupid :/)
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Bird needs to call chicago and ask for Jimmy Butler, I'm open to trading PG for Jimmy and Mirotic.

(Of course Jimmy is the better player so I don't know if Chicago is that stupid :/)
    Why would they do that?
    Lifelong pacers fan

Quote Originally Posted by pacers_heath View Post
    Why would they do that?
    Chicago's front office and Jimmy don't seem to have a good relationship, that's the only reason why they would do it.

WCS needs 5 years before he is close to a finished product, and the sooner he's out of Sac and to a real basketball team the better.
    So, you're saying let's trade Lavoy for WCS? Neither of them seem to have a place on the team they play for now, would that be a easy way to see if WCS is trainable? You know I'm for it but what about Larry
    '

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    Reality is that he's not going anywhere.....however if he was I would move him to LA for Randle, Ingram and a 1st/Russell
    Are the Lakers desperate enough to go for this? If they are and we can get the salaries to match, would most of us do this in a heartbeat.