Thread: Tim Hardaway Jr. and KCP

Question Tim Hardaway Jr. and KCP

So we need guard help and could use some shooters. Considering we have a lot of mid-range guys who like to dribble a lot. Hawks are reportedly shopping Tim Hardaway Jr. for 2 second rounders. While the Pistons are currently 12th in the East with KCP slated to become a free agent this Summer. Would anyone have any interest in acquiring either player?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Tim Hardaway Jr. and KCP

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So we need guard help and could use some shooters. Considering we have a lot of mid-range guys who like to dribble a lot. Hawks are reportedly shopping Tim Hardaway Jr. for 2 second rounders. While the Pistons are currently 12th in the East with KCP slated to become a free agent this Summer. Would anyone have any interest in acquiring either player?
    Both will be restricted free agents though... Much less incentive for Hawks/Pistons to trade them than with pending free agent veterans.

(Hardaway is distinctly average anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by PetPaima View Post
    Both will be restricted free agents though... Much less incentive for Hawks/Pistons to trade them than with pending free agent veterans.

(Hardaway is distinctly average anyway)
    I think higher of KCP than THjr but we need more shooting off the bench. If THJr can be had for 2nd rounders why not do it.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hardaway has a reputation as a shooter but numbers don't back the claim.

His 3-pt % has been : .362, .342, .338 and .353. Those are not numbers of "a shooter".

He is also a horrible rebounder despite being 6-ft-6 and reasonalbly athletic. From our whole rotation only Aaron Brooks has worse rebounding rate than Hardaway.

And of course - he would cost more than those 2nd-rounder(s). Even if we don't send a single player to Hawks, we would need to waive one. I hope you are not still proposing Seraphin to be cut....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PetPaima For This Useful Post:

Hardaway is a younger CJ Miles type. KCP is a lot better, but i doubt we could get him with just a 2nd rounder or 2. I like KCP, but he's getting his minutes taken by Tobias Harris right now.

Quote Originally Posted by PetPaima View Post
    Hardaway has a reputation as a shooter but numbers don't back the claim.

His 3-pt % has been : .362, .342, .338 and .353. Those are not numbers of "a shooter".

He is also a horrible rebounder despite being 6-ft-6 and reasonalbly athletic. From our whole rotation only Aaron Brooks has worse rebounding rate than Hardaway.

And of course - he would cost more than those 2nd-rounder(s). Even if we don't send a single player to Hawks, we would need to waive one. I hope you are not still proposing Seraphin to be cut....

I don't wanna cut Seraphin. But we need shooting. My guess is the Hawks won't do any deals now since they're winning games.