Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Indianapolis Colts 2017 Draft

Default Indianapolis Colts 2017 Draft

So we either have the 14th or 15th pick.

I know this wont be a popular opinion and i recognize that we need help everywhere on defense. I dont know if this guy will drop, but he might. I really love Dalvin Cook RB from Florida St. He's every bit as complete and good as Zeke Elliott was coming out last year. I think the platoon running back stuff is starting to go away and the main guy RB is making a huge come back. This guy is a superstar. He reminds me of a mixture of Marshawn Lynch and Chris Johnson. We have so many holes to fill on defense. We need to have a great draft in the 2-7 rounds and grab some good defensive players, but there is no way I would pass on Dalvin Cook if he's at pick 14.

If we do go defense. I love the Bama edge rusher Tim Williams if he's there. I really love Malik McDowell from Michigan St.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Indianapolis Colts 2017 Draft

We need a pass rusher 1st and foremost, IMO. I wouldn't mind Tim Williams or Derek Barnett out of Tennessee

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Jabrill Peppers or bust.

(sorta kidding on the bust part)

Our main needs are defense, defense, defense.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PaulGeorgeForPresident View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jabrill Peppers or bust.

(sorta kidding on the bust part)

Our main needs are defense, defense, defense.
    Not sure I'd want to use our 1st round pick on a player that's coming off of injury. I'm not 100% against it, but I'm skeptical.

We still need more offensive line, too. But otherwise, all defense. We need a ton of pass rush - athletic LBs, DL.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

If the right guy isn't there when they go on the clock I hope the Colts have taken a hard look at all the options to trade back for more picks. This team has a ton of needs and taking a chance on a single prospect they don't love could be a mistake IMO. In addition to a difference making pass rusher this defense desperately needs solid, young, inexpensive & reliable NFL talent at NT, ILB & Safety. With Gore's age they need a young RB and also need to bring in another O-Line prospect.

Tough to do all that in one draft and yes they do have free agent money but short of trying to buy one big time player that money almost always goes to short term stop gap talent.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Downtown Bang! For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    So we either have the 14th or 15th pick.

I know this wont be a popular opinion and i recognize that we need help everywhere on defense. I dont know if this guy will drop, but he might. I really love Dalvin Cook RB from Florida St. He's every bit as complete and good as Zeke Elliott was coming out last year. I think the platoon running back stuff is starting to go away and the main guy RB is making a huge come back. This guy is a superstar. He reminds me of a mixture of Marshawn Lynch and Chris Johnson. We have so many holes to fill on defense. We need to have a great draft in the 2-7 rounds and grab some good defensive players, but there is no way I would pass on Dalvin Cook if he's at pick 14.

If we do go defense. I love the Bama edge rusher Tim Williams if he's there. I really love Malik McDowell from Michigan St.
    If he is there, which he won't be, yes he should be taken. He is a difference maker and pressure point that the defense would have to really plan for. Not to mention what that does for Lucks career length. I would trade up a little to get him. I was hoping for Elliot last year. He went much higher.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

If not Cook then go defense every round.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    If not Cook then go defense every round.
    Pretty much what i'm thinking. There is no other RB draft or FA that i would want.

I'm not sure about Peppers. Everything i've read and seen is that people dont know how he projects in the Pro's. They think he might be a nickle corner? Wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    We still need more offensive line, too. But otherwise, all defense. We need a ton of pass rush - athletic LBs, DL.
    At some point you need to develop the young guys you've got. The colts have invested heavily into the o line through the draft.

If the guys you've already drafted haven't been coaches up, then why draft more young guys?

I also think a change in scheme and approach for your QB would lessen the amount of times he's hit. Get the ball out quicker.

If I were a colts fan I'd either want a good pass rusher and then a good DB. If you can get a special talent at RB or on the line then of course (you won't with the 15th pick) but a great pass rusher or two helps alleviate a lot of issues with the defense.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    At some point you need to develop the young guys you've got. The colts have invested heavily into the o line through the draft.

If the guys you've already drafted haven't been coaches up, then why draft more young guys?

I also think a change in scheme and approach for your QB would lessen the amount of times he's hit. Get the ball out quicker.

If I were a colts fan I'd either want a good pass rusher and then a good DB. If you can get a special talent at RB or on the line then of course (you won't with the 15th pick) but a great pass rusher or two helps alleviate a lot of issues with the defense.
    What, are you gonna draft old guys? Forfeit the picks?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    going on 4 years running, and that's when Mathis was already old and pre-injury. get the QB, then stop the other QB. those the step 1 and 2 building blocks. did the first obviously, then kept, and kept, and kept again trying to do the second with washed up FAs. 90% of the time dudes in the NFL are FAs because they just can't play anymore.

Sports Logo

also, remember when Pep was the problem? Chud'll fix everything man.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    What, are you gonna draft old guys? Forfeit the picks?
    Obviously not. But draft other positions of need. How many OL have you guys drafted in recent years?

Clark, Haeg, Kelly, Mewhort, Good, Harrison, and Thornton were all recent draft picks that started last year.

Meanwhile you guys haven't had a young pass rusher, corner, RB, LB worth a Damn in idk how long.

Feel free to continue to draft for the OL while trying to attack downhill. And ignoring other positions of need. Im sure the rest of the putrid AFC South appreciates it

Obviously not. But draft other positions of need. How many OL have you guys drafted in recent years?

Clark, Haeg, Kelly, Mewhort, Good, Harrison, and Thornton were all recent draft picks that started last year.

Meanwhile you guys haven't had a young pass rusher, corner, RB, LB worth a Damn in idk how long.

Feel free to continue to draft for the OL while trying to attack downhill. And ignoring other positions of need. Im sure the rest of the putrid AFC South appreciates it
    The problem is not the fact that we haven't addressed those areas--the problem is Grigson has done a terrible job scouting talent and the staff has done a terrible job developing it.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    The problem is not the fact that we haven't addressed those areas--the problem is Grigson has done a terrible job scouting talent and the staff has done a terrible job developing it.
    Ahh gotcha.

My ideas are with the assumption that Grigson is back

Draft all defense.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Ahh gotcha.

My ideas are with the assumption that Grigson is back
    Booooo that idea.

Passrusherpassrusherpassrusherpassrusherpassrusher

Pass rusher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS & 2010 AFC CHAMPIONS

1940, 1953, 1976, 1981, & 1987 NCAA CHAMPIONS & 2002 NCAA FINALISTS
    1970, 1972, & 1973 ABA CHAMPIONS & 2000 NBA EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS

I'm 100% fine with us going O-line. We've seen how incredibly valuable a dominant o-line can be in Dallas. You can plug any mediocre running back and they will run for 1,000+ yards (to be clear: I'm not calling Ezekiel Elliott even close to mediocre). Plus it keeps Luck upright and if you consistently give that guy time to pass, he's going to shred everyone.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

We need defense, but we absolutely need to continue working on the o Line.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    We need defense, but we absolutely need to continue working on the o Line.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
    There's always FA as well (idk how much money the colts have to spend after Luck's monster deal).

I just don't think the team has invested in enough youth on the other side of the ball.

There's always FA as well (idk how much money the colts have to spend after Luck's monster deal).

I just don't think the team has invested in enough youth on the other side of the ball.
    ITs upwards of 50 million I believe but I am sure they will entertain resigning Walden and possibly Butler. If they don't then the Colts D will be the youngest group of guys in league which normally is a good way of going 8-8 again.

There is a very good chance the Colts will get a compensatory 4th round pick due to the loss of Fleener in FA
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    ITs upwards of 50 million I believe but I am sure they will entertain resigning Walden and possibly Butler. If they don't then the Colts D will be the youngest group of guys in league which normally is a good way of going 8-8 again.
    I can see them resigning Butler. I doubt they can make Walden a reasonable offer after the season he had. A lot of people said we overpaid for Walden, but the guy has kinda played up to his contract. I dont like the idea of resigning him long term again.