Thread: Trading TYoung?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Trading TYoung?

I think the Pacers want to build around Teague/George/Turner. I think that is a good plan.

With Teague/George/Turner as starters, we obviously need a starting PF and SG. TYoung is an above average PF. I like him and would like to see the Pacers keep him, however, if we keep him we will run into problems attaining a SG. If we keep TYoung, in my opinion, our next best players are Ellis/Stuckey/Miles/Brooks. Trading any of those for a SG would be tough. Afterall, why would some trade a SG (that can shoot) for another SG?

I think we should consider trading TYoung for a starting caliber 3 and D shooting guard. We then try to move one or more of Ellis/Stuckey/Miles/Brooks for a PF that is good enough to start and give us at least 25 mpg. Who knows, Seraphin may be good enough to fill that role. I would like to see him play some more at PF to see what he can do.

I don't know who is available or who we could get, but I think exploring the option of trading TYoung should be something that we look st.

Default Re: Trading TYoung?

I can't think of anyone that would want him for his contract. Maybe there's a team that's loaded at another position (e.g. Phoenix with guards) that would like some frontcourt help.

Thad's 'bill' is up in 2018. He's a productive player. Probably should be a backup to a more elite PF but trading him wouldn't make any sense unless we're getting a center in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thad's 'bill' is up in 2018. He's a productive player. Probably should be a backup to a more elite PF but trading him wouldn't make any sense unless we're getting a center in return.
    We've got a center. We need a 3 and D wing.

Quote Originally Posted by sav View Post
    We've got a center. We need a 3 and D wing.
    The trading of Thad is a move to place Myles at the 4 right? So who'd play the 5 then?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    The trading of Thad is a move to place Myles at the 4 right? So who'd play the 5 then?
    No. Trading Thad is an attempt to get a 3 & D wing.

That move would leave the 4 open. We would then have to trade one or more of our guards to try and fill the 4 spot.

Turner remains at center.

Quote Originally Posted by sav View Post
    No. Trading Thad is an attempt to get a 3 & D wing.

That move would leave the 4 open. We would then have to trade one or more of our guards to try and fill the 4 spot.

Turner remains at center.

Way too much work. Also our new 4 would have to be a Trevor Ariza type to make it worth it.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    I can't think of anyone that would want him for his contract. Maybe there's a team that's loaded at another position (e.g. Phoenix with guards) that would like some frontcourt help.
    Thad is shooting 43% from 3 during an era when NBA teams are going mad for the 3-ball. Someone will want him.

Pacers need him less than most teams IMO because Myles is a pretty decent shooter too and the Turner-Young combo gets killed on the boards. But I think he'd be pretty great off the bench.