Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fort Wayne Mad Ants 16-17 thread

Default Re: Fort Wayne Mad Ants 16-17 thread

Mad Ants won again last night.

Poythress lead the way with 21 points 5 rebounds and 3 assists.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Mad Ants are now 4-0 after beating Long Island 120-111.

Poythress with another strong game, with 29/12. He is now averaging 18.7 PPG and 7.5 RPG.

Also, Ben Bentil left the Mad Ants and has signed with the Xinjiang Flying Tigers in China.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

With only 11 dressed tonight I imagine at the very least Christmas is on his way back to Indy for the road trip.

Great game by Christmas in the Ants win. 17 points 11 boards and 4 blocks. I wish I could get the chance to see Christmas play some meaningful minutes next to Turner. He's the type of player we need next to Turner IMO.
    Larry Bird qouted March 25th. 2015:

Bird: I wanted to keep our group together because in the summer, if David and Roy opt out, we're back to zero, really. We don't have that much, so you leave your options open. If we did make a trade, I didn't want to take on a lot of contracts -- because that's what usually happens. Plus, I liked my guys. They're playing well. If we keep the core together and Paul comes back healthy, we'll be right back to where we were.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

And another strong game for Christmas in another Ants win. 18 points 7 boards in 33 minutes. He's officially put his foul trouble behind him. I really want to see Christmas play some real minutes for the Pacers but if the plan isn't to play a traditional big man in the pf role I hope he gets traded to a team that will give him an opportunity.

Bird: I wanted to keep our group together because in the summer, if David and Roy opt out, we're back to zero, really. We don't have that much, so you leave your options open. If we did make a trade, I didn't want to take on a lot of contracts -- because that's what usually happens. Plus, I liked my guys. They're playing well. If we keep the core together and Paul comes back healthy, we'll be right back to where we were.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Poythress is doing great in the D-league, playing as a small ball 4.

Currently averaged 18/7/2 on 54% FG and 31% from 3, definitely someone to keep an eye on.

I missed Niang's time in with the Mad Ants, did anyone watch to see how he did?

Still trying to figure out why he is with team yet Christmas is constantly sent down.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

7 minutes left in the 4th and Poythress is having a monster game. I just turned in on in the third but he's already had a couple impressive blocks.

27 pts, 8 rbs, 2 blks

http://www.nba.com/pacers/watch-ever...me-live-online

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Deadshot For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Still trying to figure out why he is with team yet Christmas is constantly sent down.
    I read somewhere that he averaged 16 points, 6 rebounds and 3 assists. I don't recall how many minutes he averaged or how he shot.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to sav For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Here are his highlights from his best game.

The box score (and full video) for that game is here:
    http://dleague.nba.com/games/20161210/TEXFWN/

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    Poythress is doing great in the D-league, playing as a small ball 4.

Currently averaged 18/7/2 on 54% FG and 31% from 3, definitely someone to keep an eye on.
    Poythress put up 32/11 tonight.

Poythress put up 32 for the second straight game last night, I think this guy can contribute in the league.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    Poythress put up 32 for the second straight game last night, I think this guy can contribute in the league.
    Be nice if Niang was there so we'd have a comparison

Quote Originally Posted by jrwannabe View Post
    Be nice if Niang was there so we'd have a comparison
    Poythress is better than Niang because he has more NBA tools. Niang's ceiling some day is to become a good stationery player. Alex is athletic offensively and defensively. If he can work on his 3pt shot and make it highly consistent he's gonna be a solid bench guy for us. I just wish Bentil would hurry back from China already.

Mood

Ben Bentil replaced Andrey Blatche (injured) on the team in China. It's interesting (to me) to compare their stats. Don't know if they're playing the same position.

Blatche 26.5 minutes, 25.0 pts, 10.7 rebounds, 3.5 assists, 2.7 steals, 1.2 blocks
    Bentil 20.7 minutes, 14.1 pts, 5.1 rebounds, .4 assists, 1.1 steals, .2 blocks (shooting 47.7% from three, 81.5% from the line)

http://basketball.asia-basket.com/te...rs/4369?Page=3

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    Ben Bentil replaced Andrey Blatche (injured) on the team in China. It's interesting (to me) to compare their stats. Don't know if they're playing the same position.

Blatche 26.5 minutes, 25.0 pts, 10.7 rebounds, 3.5 assists, 2.7 steals, 1.2 blocks
    Bentil 20.7 minutes, 14.1 pts, 5.1 rebounds, .4 assists, 1.1 steals, .2 blocks (shooting 47.7% from three, 81.5% from the line)

When you consider Blatche has been balling for years and Bentil is actually a rookie, those stats are a good sign that Bentil has quite a decent ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post

Blatche's FG% was off the chart before he got hurt. I had to look up cause I was wondering if Bentil was getting shots with the craziness of that Adams guy right now, but both Bentil and Blatche have the same amount of shots put up

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by jrwannabe View Post
    Blatche's FG% was off the chart before he got hurt.
    It's weird, 9 Flying Tigers are shooting over 50% for 2 pointers. The lowest on the team (not counting two end of bench players) is Ben Bentil at 36.8%. The team itself shoots 53.9% on 2 pointers.

We recalled Christmas today from the Mad Ants and I have no idea why. We are not going to use him so I just don't get it. Why the hell Joe Young and George Niang are not permanent fixtures in Ft. Wayne is beyond me.

If it were me I would call up that Alex Poythress and give him a 10 day contract to see what he could offer, it couldn't be any less than what you get from LaVoy Allen on a nightly basis.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

We recalled Christmas today from the Mad Ants and I have no idea why. We are not going to use him so I just don't get it. Why the hell Joe Young and George Niang are not permanent fixtures in Ft. Wayne is beyond me.

If it were me I would call up that Alex Poythress and give him a 10 day contract to see what he could offer, it couldn't be any less than what you get from LaVoy Allen on a nightly basis.
    I agree, we're not using the D league the way we should. Christmas is a guy I've watched for 2 years now and I've seen him develop. He's not putting up huge numbers in the D league this year but he is playing well and I'm sure it's not easy being jerked back and forth. My issue is that I think Christmas brings and element to his game that we completely lack from our big men and I think he would help the team more than Lavoy if given the opportunity. If he never gets that chance I think we're going to see him become a rotation player for another team down the road once he's out of his contract. If we're never going to give him that opportunity then I wish the Pacers would just waive him.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The problem with calling up Poythress is that we do not have any room for him. We already have 15 guys under contract. We would have to waive someone...which is okay with me.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to sav For This Useful Post:

It can't be for a skit with his name can it?
    Last edited by freddielewis14; 12-22-2016 at 01:14 PM.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    I agree, we're not using the D league the way we should. Christmas is a guy I've watched for 2 years now and I've seen him develop. He's not putting up huge numbers in the D league this year but he is playing well and I'm sure it's not easy being jerked back and forth. My issue is that I think Christmas brings and element to his game that we completely lack from our big men and I think he would help the team more than Lavoy if given the opportunity. If he never gets that chance I think we're going to see him become a rotation player for another team down the road once he's out of his contract. If we're never going to give him that opportunity then I wish the Pacers would just waive him.
    What element might that be? Last time I checked, LaVoy's PER in the NBA is about the same as Christmas's PER in the D-league. I pointed out before the Christmas's D-league stats are below what Lou Amundson produced in the D-league.

I'm not saying Christmas couldn't be successful in the NBA, but he's not putting up staggering numbers in the D-League that makes me think he can truly help this team. It'd be nice to see him on the roster besides Niang and J. Young just cause he plays a position in need.

Who gets waived?

Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    It can't be for a skit with his name can it?
    I've always wondered if we're showcasing him for a potential trade. It just feels like either we're showcasing him for a trade. Or we're going to trade a big at some point so Christmas is being prepped for future minutes, finally. We do have a ton of injures as well. Down 2 rotation guards. So it could also mean that Nate doesn't want to play Lavoy anymore.