Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: 2017 NBA Draft Prospect Thread

Default Re: 2017 NBA Draft Prospect Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

He spent a couple weekends in Nap and his team won. Don't go overboard.

Don't underplay it either. He has no real reason to have made this statement as his chances of being available at #18 for the Pacers aren't great. I felt it was a refreshing to hear someone say what he did.

Lurker of the Year Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Undersized combo guard is a hard sell for me. Just don't see it. Plus all the mocks I've seen have Mitchell going well before we pick.

I'm on board with the Pritchard plan "get back to having a size advantage at every position"
    Last edited by Infinite MAN_force; 06-17-2017 at 02:20 PM.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    In today's NBA, 3 point shooting is priority. I like Myles, but Bird blew it passing on Devin Booker. Imagine Paul and Booker paired up together bombing 3's. I will eat my words if Myles can develop a 3 point shot. The mid range jump shot is an obsolete skill
    You are talking about the guy Bird referred to as the "best shooter on the team" right? We're talking about the same player?
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Infinite MAN_force For This Useful Post:

Man, Terrance Ferguson has really dropped in the mocks. I thought he was a good choice for the Pacers at the start of all this. Wonder what is wrong with him? He is supposed to be a good shooter and athletic. A year's experience playing against grownups. That all sounds really good. He must have really mucked up the workouts.

Mood

Sports Logo

DraftExpress dropped Frank Ntilikina all the way to 14...so much movement going on this week after the top 8. I guess that's a good thing for the Pacers, suggesting someone could fall in our laps.

Sites like nbadraft.net and draftexpress don't impress me as much as the draft pods from the Almighty Ballers: "Ode to Oden" and "What's On Draft". Those guys speak with much more convincing depth about prospects, and generally have a more pessimistic/realistic view of player outcomes. I highly recommend it to everyone here.

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    Man, Terrance Ferguson has really dropped in the mocks. I thought he was a good choice for the Pacers at the start of all this. Wonder what is wrong with him? He is supposed to be a good shooter and athletic. A year's experience playing against grownups. That all sounds really good. He must have really mucked up the workouts.
    If we could get into another late round pick somehow, he'd be a good target.

- ilive4sports

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bacon reminds me so much of Lance. Plays with a lot of energy (sometimes out of control) and has good court vision but his defensive discipline definitely needs work. He's also a better shooter than Lance was at his age. Bacon is also so fluid with the ball and executes pick and roll plays so well that you can't really tell him apart from a point guard. It will be interesting if he goes to a team like the Rockets where they might try to convert him full time to a point guard surrounded by shooters.

With PG if the Pacers can get a 5-10 pick I would take Kennard and then somehow get OG. Perfect draft for a post PG world.

This would be my ideal draft.

OG can take his time rehabbing.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    With PG if the Pacers can get a 5-10 pick I would take Kennard and then somehow get OG. Perfect draft for a post PG world.

This would be my ideal draft.

OG can take his time rehabbing.
    Certainly getting OG will be one fewer set of opposing team colors filling BLF 2-4 games per year.
    BillS

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

If you haven't seen Kyle Kuzma from Utah check him out. I want him. Dude is long & athletic, has a good stroke, isn't afraid of contact & will dunk on you. He'll be a steal outside of the lottery.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    If you haven't seen Kyle Kuzma from Utah check him out. I want him. Dude is long & athletic, has a good stroke, isn't afraid of contact & will dunk on you. He'll be a steal outside of the lottery.
    Kuzman next to Turner could cause a lot of fits, wit defenders trying to guard their range and inside game, could you imagine big man setting picks for 3's down low, and both seem to be pretty decent passers as well.
    Why so SERIOUS

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Deonte Burton is another one of my draft sleepers. He can switch onto anyone and is as strong as anyone in this draft and would immediately be one of the strongest guys in the NBA. He's a matchup nightmare for other teams if you put him at the PF spot. Handles it. Shoots it. Boxes out. Can front the post effectively and get deflections with 7'0 wingspan. Really quick off his feet. Plays with ton of energy which would make him a fan favorite. Hard to accurately gauge his defensive impact because of Iowa State playing a lot of zone but he shines in on ball defensive situations no matter the size of the opponent. His P&R defense could use some coaching up too. Seemed lost quite a few times I watched him. I think he's an interesting fit next to Turner. His rebound numbers could very well be a lot higher if Iowa State played exclusively man. He absolutely buries his opponent under the basket when boxing out. In the game vs Gonzaga in December he had his way with Zach Collins and put up a fight against 300 pound Karnowski. If we're looking for a guy to pair with Myles, we want someone who can 1) Guard perimeter 4's, 2) Be able to switch when necessary onto guards, 3) Clean the glass. Burton would not be a glass cleaner but he holds his boxouts well enough that he completely takes his man out of contention for the ball, something we haven't seen from a Pacers big since Roy Hibbert. I rank Burton above Kuzma on my list.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I want Anzejs Pasecniks. You don't often have a chance on 7-ft-2 with such mobility. Yes, his defense lacks. Yes, he needs to get stronger. Yes, he is old for draft at 21 (but physically a late developer).

But he has a chance to be a bit special indeed...

P.S. I really hope we can trade for extra draft picks. I'd gladly even send Myles away for two of Portland's late-round 1sts...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PetPaima For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PetPaima View Post
    P.S. I really hope we can trade for extra draft picks. I'd gladly even send Myles away for two of Portland's late-round 1sts...

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    Deonte Burton is another one of my draft sleepers. He can switch onto anyone and is as strong as anyone in this draft and would immediately be one of the strongest guys in the NBA. He's a matchup nightmare for other teams if you put him at the PF spot. Handles it. Shoots it. Boxes out. Can front the post effectively and get deflections with 7'0 wingspan. Really quick off his feet. Plays with ton of energy which would make him a fan favorite. Hard to accurately gauge his defensive impact because of Iowa State playing a lot of zone but he shines in on ball defensive situations no matter the size of the opponent. His P&R defense could use some coaching up too. Seemed lost quite a few times I watched him. I think he's an interesting fit next to Turner. His rebound numbers could very well be a lot higher if Iowa State played exclusively man. He absolutely buries his opponent under the basket when boxing out. In the game vs Gonzaga in December he had his way with Zach Collins and put up a fight against 300 pound Karnowski. If we're looking for a guy to pair with Myles, we want someone who can 1) Guard perimeter 4's, 2) Be able to switch when necessary onto guards, 3) Clean the glass. Burton would not be a glass cleaner but he holds his boxouts well enough that he completely takes his man out of contention for the ball, something we haven't seen from a Pacers big since Roy Hibbert. I rank Burton above Kuzma on my list.

The Pacers need a player like Burton. I also think Isaiah Hicks also fits what you describe.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Quote Originally Posted by PetPaima View Post
    I want Anzejs Pasecniks. You don't often have a chance on 7-ft-2 with such mobility. Yes, his defense lacks. Yes, he needs to get stronger. Yes, he is old for draft at 21 (but physically a late developer).

But he has a chance to be a bit special indeed...

Was with you before you brought up Myles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. The Following User Says Thank You to MUpaceSIC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MUpaceSIC View Post
    Was with you before you brought up Myles.

It's an interesting perspective. Tbird's not comfortable with Myles, either, because of the challenge of finding an appropriate pairing. "If we're truly starting over, might it be better to draft/acquire a perfectly-matched pair that covers all the bases, need-wise, and can develop together?" Or so the argument would go....

"I think if he is and we pass on Leaf we'd be some dumb mother ****ers."

- Larry Bird to Kevin Pritchard before their pick on Draft Day

23. The Following User Says Thank You to DrFife For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DrFife View Post
    It's an interesting perspective. Tbird's not comfortable with Myles, either, because of the challenge of finding an appropriate pairing. "If we're truly starting over, might it be better to draft/acquire a perfectly-matched pair that covers all the bases, need-wise, and can develop together?" Or so the argument would go....
    When you're drafting in that range you're happy you get a center that will start for you for the foreseeable future. Certainly one that has all-star potential.

I see the Pacers on NBA Draft mock has the Pacers taking Jonah Boldon at #47. After reading about him, I like the idea of the Pacers getting him. Looks like he'd be a good match for Turner. Anyone else feel the same?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MUpaceSIC View Post
    When you're drafting in that range you're happy you get a center that will start for you for the foreseeable future. Certainly one that has all-star potential.
    Looking at opportunities to gather 2-3 promising players in exchange to one doesn't mean that I am unhappy with the pick. However, we are woefully under-talented after PG13 bolts and Turner is pretty much our only asset who can bring a hoard back...

While I didn't mention it in earlier post I'd look at something like :

Crabbe + #20 pick + #26 pick for Myles.