Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 545

Thread: 2017 NBA Draft Prospect Thread

  1. #201
    The Dude Abides pizza guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indy
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,663
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Draft Prospect Thread

    Draft Express's latest mock has us getting Sindarius Thornwell in the second round. I'd be all about that, I think he could contribute off the bench right away.

    http://www.nbadraft.net/players/sindarius-thornwell
    It's a new day for Pacers Basketball.

  2. #202
    Member solid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    south eastern Indiana
    Posts
    834
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Draft Prospect Thread

    If OG isn't there I wouldn't mind trading the first.
    There are some guys there who could help us though.
    I'll trust LB

  3. #203
    B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Basketball heartland
    Posts
    3,032
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Draft Prospect Thread

    I'm salivating at the possibility of the Pacers drafting OG. I've never wanted a player so bad before. Defense. Defense. Defense. I'm sick of having all these scorers who can't defend well enough.

  4. #204
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7,145

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Draft Prospect Thread

    Semi Ojeleye

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlu4TL0qWro

    I really like his strength, hops, shooting and use of the jab step.

    Pacers could definitely use his skill as a small forward or maybe even shooting guard
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  5. #205
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7,145

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Draft Prospect Thread

    I do not think he will stay in the second. Great all around game and really good on the basics.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  6. #206
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7,145

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Draft Prospect Thread

    A better GR3
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  7. #207

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Draft Prospect Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm salivating at the possibility of the Pacers drafting OG. I've never wanted a player so bad before. Defense. Defense. Defense. I'm sick of having all these scorers who can't defend well enough.
    He is slated to go top 15, I doubt he will be there when pacers want him

  8. #208
    The Dude Abides pizza guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indy
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,663
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Draft Prospect Thread

    Anybody on the Ike Anigbogu bandwagon? Dude looks like a force down low, and is only turning 19 in October, so he's young enough to really learn and develop. He wouldn't be a starter for at least a season, but if he can play rotational minutes as a rookie and move up in year two, he'd be a great fit with Myles.
    It's a new day for Pacers Basketball.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:


  10. #209
    B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Basketball heartland
    Posts
    3,032
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Draft Prospect Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anybody on the Ike Anigbogu bandwagon? Dude looks like a force down low, and is only turning 19 in October, so he's young enough to really learn and develop. He wouldn't be a starter for at least a season, but if he can play rotational minutes as a rookie and move up in year two, he'd be a great fit with Myles.
    He's my number two pick behind OG. Also like Bam from Kentucky.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacersalltheway10 For This Useful Post:


  12. #210
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7,145

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Draft Prospect Thread

    Pritchard mentioned moving up in the draft if someone they really liked was available
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:


  14. #211

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Draft Prospect Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's my number two pick behind OG. Also like Bam from Kentucky.
    I like Bam with the 18th pick. He has the size to beat and bang down low.

  15. #212
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7,145

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Draft Prospect Thread

    In a move up I want Markkannen.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  16. #213
    Member sav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North Central Indiana
    Posts
    3,607

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Draft Prospect Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by rimrattler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like Bam with the 18th pick. He has the size to beat and bang down low.
    You gotta like a guy with the name Bam, right?

  17. #214
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    58
    Posts
    17,024

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Draft Prospect Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sav View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You gotta like a guy with the name Bam, right?
    Depends. Is he a basketball player or an ingredient on Emeril's cooking show?
    BillS

    A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  19. #215
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7,145

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Draft Prospect Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sav View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You gotta like a guy with the name Bam, right?
    In todays NBA these types of players either have to rebound at a very high rate and defend well as most cannot shoot free throws nor shoot the ball well.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  20. #216

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Draft Prospect Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In todays NBA these types of players either have to rebound at a very high rate and defend well as most cannot shoot free throws nor shoot the ball well.
    Yea, after seeing Houston expose OKC on their lack of shooting, if we get a non-shooting big, he has to be really good at rebounding and defending the paint. Although, it makes me wonder, do these players not learn how to shoot when they are growing up ? Isn't that a fundamental part of basketball, or they have a growth spurt and start playing basketball too late?

  21. #217

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Draft Prospect Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sav View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You gotta like a guy with the name Bam, right?
    The crowd could scream it every time he blocks a shot BAM lol

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to rimrattler For This Useful Post:

    sav

  23. #218
    Member MUpaceSIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,308

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Draft Prospect Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In a move up I want Markkannen.
    Ew, no.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to MUpaceSIC For This Useful Post:


  25. #219

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Draft Prospect Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MUpaceSIC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ew, no.
    Not saying you're wrong, but why not Markkannen? He seems like a good choice. But I have not seen AZ play much.

  26. #220
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,274

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Draft Prospect Thread

    Josh Hart

    Anyone have thoughts on him. Seems like a perfect 3&D guy for the Pacers at the SG spot. Although, SG is a loaded position now with Ellis, Lance and GRIII.
    First time in a long time, I've been happy with the team that was constructed, and now they struggle. I blame the coach.

  27. #221

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Draft Prospect Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Josh Hart

    Anyone have thoughts on him. Seems like a perfect 3&D guy for the Pacers at the SG spot. Although, SG is a loaded position now with Ellis, Lance and GRIII.
    If the coaches are looking at starting Lance next season, then Hart would not be a terrible pick in the second round.

  28. #222
    B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Basketball heartland
    Posts
    3,032
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Draft Prospect Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Josh Hart

    Anyone have thoughts on him. Seems like a perfect 3&D guy for the Pacers at the SG spot. Although, SG is a loaded position now with Ellis, Lance and GRIII.
    You can never have enough 3&D guys. GRIII can play either wing spot as well.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacersalltheway10 For This Useful Post:


  30. #223
    Member MUpaceSIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,308

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Draft Prospect Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not saying you're wrong, but why not Markkannen? He seems like a good choice. But I have not seen AZ play much.
    I think he is overrated, and isn't worth moving up for in this draft. I'm more confident picking someone else at 18 than I am picking him at 8-10. If I'm going to move up, it's for Smith Jr., Fox (both likely top 8), or Jarrett Allen (probably can get him at 12-14) who I think would fit next to Turner.

    If we end up trading PG for a top 5 pick, who are your top 5 for the Pacers (in order)?

    Mine:
    1. Fultz
    2. Ball (I'd trade him and our #18 to Sacramento for #8 and #10 and draft Fox/Smith at 8 and Isaac at 10-if available)
    3. Fox
    4. Smith Jr.
    5. Jackson
    Last edited by MUpaceSIC; 05-04-2017 at 11:07 PM.

  31. #224
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7,145

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Draft Prospect Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not saying you're wrong, but why not Markkannen? He seems like a good choice. But I have not seen AZ play much.

    Markannen is three point shooting big who can rebound some and hit other shots well. In todays NBA 3 point shooting is King.

    As far as the top five I think Fox is nigh unstoppable.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  32. #225
    B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Basketball heartland
    Posts
    3,032
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2017 NBA Draft Prospect Thread

    Fox could very well end up being the best player from this draft. Monk, however, screams bust to me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •