Thread: Kings/Pacers

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Kings/Pacers

Rumor has it that over the summer we trued trading Monta to the Kings for Rudy Gay.

Now that the season has begun, we have a better feel for what we have. It seems clear to me that our starting guards are too small. We should either move Monta or Teague. Since Teague has sucked so far this season, maybe we could convince the Kings to take him for Gay. I know this doesn't solve the defense issue or outside shooting, but at least we will have size in the back court.

The Kings will be getting a starting PG, who has been an all-star in the past.

The Pacers will gain size in their starting lineup. Move George to SG with Gay at SF, Monta at PG. Monta has shown this year that he can pass the ball and he was effective in the one season in Dallas where he played PG.

Default Re: Kings/Pacers

Quote Originally Posted by sav View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rumor has it that over the summer we trued trading Monta to the Kings for Rudy Gay.

Now that the season has begun, we have a better feel for what we have. It seems clear to me that our starting guards are too small. We should either move Monta or Teague. Since Teague has sucked so far this season, maybe we could convince the Kings to take him for Gay. I know this doesn't solve the defense issue or outside shooting, but at least we will have size in the back court.

The Kings will be getting a starting PG, who has been an all-star in the past.

The Pacers will gain size in their starting lineup. Move George to SG with Gay at SF, Monta at PG. Monta has shown this year that he can pass the ball and he was effective in the one season in Dallas where he played PG.

You don't give up on Teague this early UNLESS you're getting a point guard back in return. I'd offer Stuckey and GR3 plus an unprotected 2019 1st for Rudy.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    You don't give up on Teague this early UNLESS you're getting a point guard back in return. I'd offer Stuckey and GR3 plus an unprotected 2019 1st for Rudy.
    Sacramento won't take Stuckey and GRIII and throwing in a 1st round pick is too much for Rudy. He will be a UFA this summer...as will Teague.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't want to give up on Teague so soon. I would give Monta for him, but definitely not Teague.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MikeGray For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Easily Monta, but the way Monta has played, would anyone want him?
    First time in a long time, I've been happy with the team that was constructed, and now they struggle. I blame the coach.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Easily Monta, but the way Monta has played, would anyone want him?
    I think Monta actually could have value around the league if he was trying to be a distributor rather than a "shooting" guard. He is built to play point guard, but he has decided he wants to be a shooting guard and that hurts his value. If he could even be a shoot first point guard he might be worth trading for, but he has only lately shown interest in being a distributor. I don't think that continues, especially if the coach brings him off the bench. He'll probably go back to shooting 12-15 times per game soon.