Thread: Nuggets and Pacers Trade

Lightbulb Nuggets and Pacers Trade

A trade to upgrade the SG spot and backup PF spot:

Pacers send 2018 1st (protected), Lavoy Allen and Rodney Stuckey to the Nuggets
    Nuggets send Kenneth Faried and Will Barton to the Pacers

For the Pacers Barton gives us athleticism and size at the SG position. Barton is a lanky SG/SF who is good at getting to the basket, and shooting off screens. He is shooting about 30% from 3 for his career but so far this season in just 3 games he's shooting a blistering 57% from 3 land. He definitely is not shy about taking this shot and will certainly space the floor for us. He's 25 and is listed at 6'6. The type of size we need at the SG. Even though he runs about 175 pounds. I suppose his weight helps him fly up and down in the open floor because this guy can finish strong, and would be a good fit with Teague. He also plays with a lot of energy. His contract is friendly at just under $4 mil for the next two seasons. Faried would be a double-double machine off the bench and would excel in the open floor with Brooks and Ellis in the backcourt. He also takes care of our rebounding and interior defense issues off the bench. As he is a good bounder and shot blocker. He also brings energy as well.

For Denver they unload Faried's contract for Stuckey who has a player option next Summer and Lavoy's expiring. But Stuckey also gives them an option at backup PG instead of Jameer Nelson. Stuckey being a big PG/SG combo also fits with Mudiay who has a similar body type. Lavoy gives them a big body off the bench who can rebound at PF and Center but comes much cheaper than Faried. They also get our 2018 1st albeit protected.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Nuggets and Pacers Trade

Love this trade.

Sports Logo

That feels heavily in favor of the Pacers.
    First time in a long time, I've been happy with the team that was constructed, and now they struggle. I blame the coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That feels heavily in favor of the Pacers.
    If that were the feeling on their end then I would make the pick an unprotected 2019 pick.