Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 467

Thread: Fire Nate McMillan now!

  1. #51

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    That timeout McMillan took in the 3rd to make that adjustment.... ya i guess it didnt happen again. Nevermind.

  2. #52

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just have to wonder why there was no real coaching search. Like, we fired Vogel and just gave McMillan the job. lol. Larry failed to do his job there. Honestly. you cant even argue it. Just a major failure.
    Considering how Frank was dumped I think a lot of coaches wanted to stay away I mean if you are as crappy with people as Larry clearly is you are going to not attract a lot of talented coaches here.

    plus Indiana isn't exactly a destination place to live either.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:


  4. #53

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    plus Indiana isn't exactly a destination place to live either.
    I'm sorry do you live in Indianapolis right now? Because that is such a early 1990's thing to say and you're completely wrong.

  5. #54

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    Hire me as coach

    Sent from my Nexus 5X

  6. #55

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sorry do you live in Indianapolis right now? Because that is such a early 1990's thing to say and you're completely wrong.
    Yes have lived here for the past 11 years. Its a nice place for those who have grown up in this state want affordable cost of living and raise a family. But its not like Miami, NYC or LA is what I mean here.

  7. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, Indiana
    Posts
    3,021

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    Nate McMillan would be a good kindergarten teacher.

  8. #57
    Member BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,857

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    McMillan actually looks like an accountant. He better start studying that subject so he can make best use of his savings from his days coaching in the NBA.

  9. #58
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,652

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    Quote Originally Posted by tora tora View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nate McMillan would be a good kindergarten teacher.
    Sunshine or Cloud?

  10. #59
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    9,011

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sorry do you live in Indianapolis right now? Because that is such a early 1990's thing to say and you're completely wrong.
    So, if you were to poll every NBA player, what percentage of them do you think would have Indiana as their #1 destination?

  11. #60

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, if you were to poll every NBA player, what percentage of them do you think would have Indiana as their #1 destination?
    There are about 28 destinations in the league that wouldnt be able to claim themselves as the #1 destination so thats a very ridiculous question honestly.

  12. #61
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,652

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    I ****ing LOVE Indiana. Don't want to live there though.

  13. #62

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, if you were to poll every NBA player, what percentage of them do you think would have Indiana as their #1 destination?

    But let me fire a question back to you. Before Lebron came back to the Cavs, if you were to poll every NBA player, what percentage of them do you think would have had Cleveland as their #1 destination?


    See what i did there? THats why thats such a unfair question to ask in attempt to win an argument.

  14. #63

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    How many people are kicking down the doors to get to Oklahoma City right now???

    You see. That type of questioning dont hold weight here pal.

  15. #64
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,652

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But let me fire a question back to you. Before Lebron came back to the Cavs, if you were to poll every NBA player, what percentage of them do you think would have had Cleveland as their #1 destination?


    See what i did there? THats why thats such a unfair question to ask in attempt to win an argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How many people are kicking down the doors to get to Oklahoma City right now???

    You see. That type of questioning dont hold weight here pal.
    Are you stat padding your post count or something?

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  17. #65

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    I'm not stat padding ( Russel Westbrook style )

    But how many people are kicking doors in to get to Detroit to play right now? I'm just saying.

  18. #66
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    9,011

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But let me fire a question back to you. Before Lebron came back to the Cavs, if you were to poll every NBA player, what percentage of them do you think would have had Cleveland as their #1 destination?


    See what i did there? THats why thats such a unfair question to ask in attempt to win an argument.
    LeBron was drafted by the Cavs to begin with, but also had hometown connections.

    You talk about how great of a place Indiana is to live. Thats wonderful, glad you like it.

    However, as far as NBA cities go, most people would look at Indiana as one of the cities(bottom 10?) they would least like to live in if given the choice of them all.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:


  20. #67
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    9,011

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How many people are kicking down the doors to get to Oklahoma City right now???

    You see. That type of questioning dont hold weight here pal.
    The question does hold weight, the fact that you are naming another one of the cities people wouldn't pick isn't helping your cause at all.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:


  22. #68
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,652

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LeBron was drafted by the Cavs to begin with, but also had hometown connections.

    You talk about how great of a place Indiana is to live. Thats wonderful, glad you like it.

    However, as far as NBA cities go, most people would look at Indiana as one of the cities(bottom 10?) they would least like to live in if given the choice of them all.
    I just perused the list of NBA teams and yeah, I think putting Indianapolis in the bottom third is fair. Personal preferences vary though.

  23. #69
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    9,011

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just perused the list of NBA teams and yeah, I think putting Indianapolis in the bottom third is fair. Personal preferences vary though.
    It does, someone may think Indiana is the best city to live in, its certainly possible. But I would think its safe to say that a high majority of players would not be looking at Indiana as a top option.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:


  25. #70

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    Ya but your argument gets sketchy when you point out that all these teams stars are via draft and not free agency. I'll let you do the research.

  26. #71

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    Westbrook was drafted, Drummond was drafted, PG was drafted, Giannis was drafted, Jimmy Butler was drafted, Derozan was drafted, Lebron was drafted.. my point is this, its not about who wants to come and play. It's about what you do with the players you get via FA and draft. And that comes down to coaching and when coaching is bad, then these teams go nowhere.

  27. #72
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,652

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    I don't think you guys are arguing the same thing...

  28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  29. #73

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    There is 6 to 7 teams that might fall into the category of prime destination. And then after that, the rest of the teams are about the same level.

  30. #74

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think you guys are arguing the same thing...
    My main argument is that Nate McMilan is a horrible coach, I dont mind putting myself out there now. I know people will initially disagree, but i think i'll be right in the long run. And by long run, I mean like 2 weeks from now.

  31. #75
    " A,Β,..M,N,L,O,P,...F" Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,715

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!




    No surprises there.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •