Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Nate McMillan now!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

We have two new starters and a 20 year old center. It's not always going to go smoothly every night in the beginning.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

This isn't about coaching. But then again last season wasn't about coaching either.

You can NOT win if you can NOT shoot. We got stupidly hot in our home opener hitting over 50% the majority of the game and we still had to go to OT and have Myles Turner become a beast to win.

This was and still is now all about the players and their lack of shooting & now add in defending.

Not to mention the fact that our bench is where players go to die I guess. As bad as Solomon Hill has played this season he still would be our best bench front court player on this putrid bench.

Also the fact that we were in the second quarter of game 2 of the season and Quinn Buckner was already using the "tired legs" excuse? Get the **** out of here with that nonsense. If we are already tired then that is because our coach is overdoing it at practice because it sure as hell ain't game time.

LaVoy Allen (waste of space), Kevin Seraphine (bigger waste of space), C.J. (I've never met a shot I don't like) Miles (inconsistent), GR3 (hot garbage), Joe Young (dumpster fire), Rodney Stuckey (if he isn't scoring is also a waste of space). That leaves u with Al (give me some Oxygen) Jefferson. Tonight he was exposed and used by Brook Lopez. If he isn't giving you an offensive lift well, he joins Rodney Stucky in the useless pile. Let us pray that tonight was really just an abomination however I'm telling you guys he is not in shape at all. He is gasping for air at 5 min. I say this as a gastropod myself however I'm not getting paid millions of dollars to be in shape.

So it is really hard for me to throw this all on Nate when I look out there and see the exact same problem I saw the year before. This is on the talent on the floor and the people who assembled the roster.

That being said this was only game 2 so it is waaaaaaaaaaaaay to early to throw out panic of any kind.

However I'm sure Nate will hold everyone "accountable" because that is what I've been told for 4-6 months now was our problem and that Nate would do that. We'll just overlook Paul George waving him off and calling his own play in OT in game 1 I'm sure that was a fluke. Right?

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's posts like these that assure me that the future of the world is completely screwed. I simply don't understand people.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BenR1990 For This Useful Post:

To the op .. I REALLY hope you are kidding and this is a joke..

lol wow , 2 games in , 1 win, 1 loss and already spouting this embecillic nonsense in a thread?
    Were you triggered? lol
    Sorry but this is the most moronic post I have seen on PD in a good long while... and that is saying something..

Last edited by Kemo; 10-29-2016 at 02:32 AM.
    "They want to be famous. We want to be champions. They want to be rappers and backup dancers. We want to play football." - T.J. Ward, Denver Broncos

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BenR1990 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's posts like these that assure me that the future of the world is completely screwed. I simply don't understand people.
    Please don't judge the human race off one poster lol

Sent from my Nexus 5X

I was sure the thread was sarcastic.

Carry on, carry on.
    This space for rent.

Undefeated

He *****ed about Nate all game thread too.
    Danger Zone

The fact that Nate benched Lavoy for the entire 2nd half and went with Seraphin already makes him better than Vogel. Who probably would've kept playing Lavoy anyways.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I didn't want him in the first place but I think we have to give it some more time. Game two of the season with a lot of new faces on the roster and some injuries--I can't blame him for tinkering with the lineups.

I would like to impose one rule on Pacer coaches (I think Dr. Awesome will be on board with this one): Unless it's garbage time, do not put five bench players on the court together. It has killed us for years now. Either PG, Myles, Monta, or Teague needs to be on the court at all times.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

There simply isn't enough talent on our bench. Al Jeff was a good get and I think the issue with him right now is he isn't being utilized enough. But we have no floor leader at backup PG. That's the problem. We really miss Brooks. Joe doesn't do anything really. He doesn't direct or orchestrate, nor does he score. He's just... 'out there.' CJ is really the bright spot off our bench. He spaces the floor and has shot well these past two games. We need someone with his ability at the backup SG and probably a stretch 4 as well. CJ at backup PF with GRIII at backup SF, Al Jeff, Stuckey, and Brooks is probably our best bench lineup. Three players who can space the floor and a point guard to bring it all together.

For now though I think tonight's bench should feature.....

CJ
    Niang
    Al Jeff
    GR3
    Joe

I agree. It's just dumb to have all the bench players in. They need to figure out how to balance it.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This post is ridiculous and some of the comments are as well. The Pacers are 1-1 and should be one of the best teams in the league this season. Two games in and people are already losing their #$%^. No chill at all.
    Do...or do not. There is no try - Snagglepuss

Quote Originally Posted by BornIndy07 View Post
    I agree. It's just dumb to have all the bench players in. They need to figure out how to balance it.
    Ever think that's exactly what they're going thru now ?? Figuring things out ?? New players, new coach ...... takes a little time to work things out.

No sense what-so-freakin'-ever to get a chubby after 2 games with all the new pieces. 15, 20 games into the season - then we can have a decent discussion about it.

PLENTY OF GOOD SEATS LEFT FOLKS! Step right up! Board the McMillan Fire train!

There will be punch and pie. Get comfortable. This might be a long ride!

Mood

*Oh no* we aren't the preseason champions!!
    Lifelong pacers fan

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    To the op .. I REALLY hope you are kidding and this is a joke..

lol wow , 2 games in , 1 win, 1 loss and already spouting this embecillic nonsense in a thread?
    Were you triggered? lol
    Sorry but this is the most moronic post I have seen on PD in a good long while... and that is saying something..

I'm saving a first class seat for you brotha!

come on guys, we gotta be sunshine

I knew there was a catch to all these great offseason moves. Our coach dont know what a ****ing adjustment means. This is amazing. Typical, but very amazing.

I just have to wonder why there was no real coaching search. Like, we fired Vogel and just gave McMillan the job. lol. Larry failed to do his job there. Honestly. you cant even argue it. Just a major failure.

How do you not, at the least, do a legit coaching search?

Legit coaching searches happen in the NCAA. But apparently not in Indiana.

Mood

Wait, do you not like our coach or something?
    Lifelong pacers fan

You'll understand in a few weeks. No hate here. You'll understand then what I understand now.

Tomorrow is free ticket day. Jump on board and you get a free ride to the end of the season.