Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: Fire Nate McMillan now!

Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Okay? But still when a coach is fired and feels a player pushed him out the door. That player gets "eyes" on him. Now if he fails to click with the next coach, then it's even more of a problem. Coaching fires and hires are best left to the front office.
    Sure they are but if a player and a coach have difficulties working together it has to be addressed regardless. Nate's body of work is looking less and less impressive. Paul George's body of work, on the contrary, is pretty good. One's a lot more important to this team than the other. George hasn't had an issue of clashing with his coaches. Not publicly at least. Basically, if Paul and Larry talk, and it is Paul's opinion that they need a different coach....Larry should take it seriously.

Deron Williams on the other hand DROVE Jerry Sloan to retiring. He wasnt fired. The owner told him that he would choose Sloan 100%.
    "man, PG has been really good."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ozwalt72 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I thought PG and Frank were buddies. If PG had a voice on coaches, I'd think Frank would still be here. Bird didn't like Frank showing him up last year, so he is gone. Nate was a easy puppet. I doubt PG was pushing for Nate.

Now he may push to get him gone

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Okay? But still when a coach is fired and feels a player pushed him out the door. That player gets "eyes" on him. Now if he fails to click with the next coach, then it's even more of a problem. Coaching fires and hires are best left to the front office.
    Tell that to not only Lebron, but Jordan and Magic, too. They also got their coaches fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwalt72 View Post
    Sure they are but if a player and a coach have difficulties working together it has to be addressed regardless. Nate's body of work is looking less and less impressive. Paul George's body of work, on the contrary, is pretty good. One's a lot more important to this team than the other. George hasn't had an issue of clashing with his coaches. Not publicly at least. Basically, if Paul and Larry talk, and it is Paul's opinion that they need a different coach....Larry should take it seriously.

Deron Williams on the other hand DROVE Jerry Sloan to retiring. He wasnt fired. The owner told him that he would choose Sloan 100%.
    George did say early on in the season that Nate's practices were awful. No structure at all. I don't think he has said anything since then though

Quote Originally Posted by jrwannabe View Post
    George did say early on in the season that Nate's practices were awful. No structure at all.
    Fair

And good point about PG and Frank/Nate. Though we don't know what was said in any exit interview. Bird definitely marches to his own beat, but I still think Paul gets heard. That doesn't mean that Bird even acts on it.

Quote Originally Posted by jrwannabe View Post
    George did say early on in the season that Nate's practices were awful. No structure at all. I don't think he has said anything since then though
    Really? I don't remember seeing that.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    Very early on in the season. When we hit that first losing streak when the team looked gassed. Said Nate made them run most of practice. Said that was all practice was was running up and down the court with no plays nor did they work at defense. Which has really showed.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jrwannabe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    LOL I could have sworn I'd seen that somewhere but I can't find anything about it.

I certainly don' have a BB IQ large enough to be a NBA Coach, but I watch the body language of the players after losing leads or playing like beginners coming out of timeouts with zero fire, no encouraging each other, or changing a thing they have been doing wrong and wonder, "Did the Coaches tell them anything at all?" I thought Burke was the defense guru for the Pacers all the time we had Vogel, what happened to him? Are the players tuning the Coaches out when the game gets rough? We seem to get a lead against the Cavs then forget how we got it?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cousy47 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cousy47 View Post
    I certainly don' have a BB IQ large enough to be a NBA Coach, but I watch the body language of the players after losing leads or playing like beginners coming out of timeouts with zero fire, no encouraging each other, or changing a thing they have been doing wrong and wonder, "Did the Coaches tell them anything at all?" I thought Burke was the defense guru for the Pacers all the time we had Vogel, what happened to him? Are the players tuning the Coaches out when the game gets rough? We seem to get a lead against the Cavs then forget how we got it?
    I also feel Vogel fought for his team more when the refs were shafting them. He seemed more animated. Nate gives a look of disbelief but very rarely animated.

Sports Logo

Vogel had failings too, he lost a game 1 by pulling Hibbert then made several bad choices against the Raptors last year. That being said he is vastly superior to Nate.

We need a better coach, who that could be is beyond me, everyone I like has issues themselves or is unavailable.

Did Foul on Smits or Pacergeek make this website:

http://www.firenatemcmillan.com/home

Surely Pritchard does not think McMillan should be head coach. If he does, then we're still in major trouble.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    Surely Pritchard does not think McMillan should be head coach. If he does, then we're still in major trouble.
    Depends on if they are planning a rebuild or not. If we are rebuilding and not totally interested in winning games and paying multiple coaches next year, then Nate can play the JOB role admirably.

well, PG is gone. So it's rebuild.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    Mcmilan coached for Pritchard in Portland. I actually feel like he had a pretty big hand in McMillan getting the job. Gulp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    Mcmilan coached for Pritchard in Portland. I actually feel like he had a pretty big hand in McMillan getting the job. Gulp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I mentioned this when Nate first got hired. That his hiring was a gateway for an eventual ushering in of the Kevin Pritchard regime in the front office.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post: