Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast
Results 401 to 425 of 467

Thread: Fire Nate McMillan now!

  1. #401
    Member Grimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10,444

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    Is Nate actually under contract for long term dollars? Or is this first season a tryout/probationary thing? In which if he does well enough he gets "the real" contract. Long term years and money?

  2. #402

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is Nate actually under contract for long term dollars? Or is this first season a tryout/probationary thing? In which if he does well enough he gets "the real" contract. Long term years and money?
    We are talking Larry Bird here. He signs out of their prime mediocre players for 10 years 100 million guaranteed
    #LanceEffect

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post:


  4. #403

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    I dont even care. I took a lot of **** for making this thread. So i'll say it.

    I told you so.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:


  6. #404
    2014 IKL Champion DrBadd01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    United States.
    Posts
    2,413

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dont even care. I took a lot of **** for making this thread. So i'll say it.

    I told you so.
    I am with your Smits. . Anybody who DARED to doubt Larry's decision on Vogel last year took crap. Vogel is somewhere laughing his *** off right now. . .
    PACER FAN ON STRIKE!!!-The moment the Pacers fire Larry Bird I will cheer for them again.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to DrBadd01 For This Useful Post:


  8. #405

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    Quote Originally Posted by DrBadd01 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am with your Smits. . Anybody who DARED to doubt Larry's decision on Vogel last year took crap. Vogel is somewhere laughing his *** off right now. . .
    Late to the party, I know, but what bothers me wasn't moving on from Vogel. It was probably time for both parties. It's that Bird's solution to that -- his "this is the natural move we need to make" -- was Nate McFreakingRetread. Like, if you're moving on from your beloved, proven-if-limited head coach, you don't replace him with a freaking retread.

    But Jim O'Brien, Nate McMillan ... we really should know this playbook by now.

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:


  10. #406

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    Frank would have never let us lose that game up 26 points. It would never happen.

  11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:


  12. #407
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,637

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    Frank Vogel's Game 5 coaching performance looks like Bill Belichick compared to Nate McMillan falling asleep behind the wheel and burying Teague on the bench.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:


  14. #408
    Member Eleazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    10,200

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    He should not leave Bankers Life with a job tonight, there is no reason why he should be coaching this team for game 4.

  15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  16. #409
    Blow it up BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    23,219

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He should not leave Bankers Life with a job tonight, there is no reason why he should be coaching this team for game 4.
    Bird and Nate need to be given their walking papers.

  17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  18. #410
    Member funk31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Mongolia
    Posts
    978

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    Fire Nate as soon as we exit the series.

  19. #411
    Member Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    26,522

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dont even care. I took a lot of **** for making this thread. So i'll say it.

    I told you so.
    And I'll repeat what I said back then. Coaching isn't what's holding us back. Not even Nate's below average coaching. Bird is the one who's holding us up and hiring Nate has definitely contributed to it.
    Last edited by Nuntius; 04-20-2017 at 10:53 PM.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Empty vessels make the most noise.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  21. #412
    Member Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    26,522

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    Quote Originally Posted by DrBadd01 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am with your Smits. . Anybody who DARED to doubt Larry's decision on Vogel last year took crap. Vogel is somewhere laughing his *** off right now. . .
    To be fair, that's not what Foul on Smits was doing by then. By putting the majority of the blame on Nate he was absolving Bird. Nate is a below average coach and a big downgrade from Frank but he isn't the root of our problems.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Empty vessels make the most noise.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  23. #413

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Frank would have never let us lose that game up 26 points. It would never happen.
    I don't know about never I mean we would at least play defense with Frank but people forget the blown lead vs the Raptors in Game 5 last year which was a mental lapse by Frank.

    The team should've pushed the reset button last year and gotten rid of Bird, Vogel and Nate.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:


  25. #414
    Member Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    26,522

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know about never I mean we would at least play defense with Frank but people forget the blown lead vs the Raptors in Game 5 last year which was a mental lapse by Frank.
    No, people don't forget that blown lead. It's been repeated every single time that anyone criticizes Bird or Nate. It still doesn't change the fact that Frank still won us more games in that series than he lost us. That team had no business going to 7 games against Toronto.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Empty vessels make the most noise.

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  27. #415
    TRADE MONTA Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55 - Now, Then, Forever
    Posts
    7,829

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    Frank Vogel was let go for less than what happened tonight. If Nate McMillan is not replaced this summer, I will not be back at Bankers Life Fieldhouse until he is gone.

    YOU DO NOT BLOW A 26 POINT LEAD AT HOME IN THE PLAYOFFS. PERIOD.

    Where's the accountability when Monta LITERALLY runs away from Lebron like a scared little girl, and then instead of pulling his ***, you continue to play him for 5 ****ING MINUTES?

    Someone needs to be fired, and honestly, it should be tonight.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "

  28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  29. #416

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Frank Vogel was let go for less than what happened tonight. If Nate McMillan is not replaced this summer, I will not be back at Bankers Life Fieldhouse until he is gone.

    YOU DO NOT BLOW A 26 POINT LEAD AT HOME IN THE PLAYOFFS. PERIOD.

    Where's the accountability when Monta LITERALLY runs away from Lebron like a scared little girl, and then instead of pulling his ***, you continue to play him for 5 ****ING MINUTES?

    Someone needs to be fired, and honestly, it should be tonight.
    Frank Vogel had what 6 seasons. Nate was here for like 6 months don't get me wrong I think Nate should be fired(he shouldn't have been hired) but I disagree with Vogel being let go for less.

    If anything going from Vogel to McMillan was a lateral move in a lot of ways especially since he was Frank's assistant did you think it was going to be better?

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:


  31. #417

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, people don't forget that blown lead. It's been repeated every single time that anyone criticizes Bird or Nate. It still doesn't change the fact that Frank still won us more games in that series than he lost us. That team had no business going to 7 games against Toronto.
    Yeah they did only because Toronto isn't that great.

  32. #418
    TRADE MONTA Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55 - Now, Then, Forever
    Posts
    7,829

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    Quote Originally Posted by funk31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fire Nate as soon as we exit the series.
    No, that's too late. His *** should be fired right now. Put Georges Niang in charge if you have to, but if Nate McMillan is still here next fall, I won't be.

    If anything going from Vogel to McMillan was a lateral move in a lot of ways especially since he was Frank's assistant did you think it was going to be better?
    My FIRE BIRD title isn't new. It's been there for almost a year now. There's also a post on this forum written the day Vogel was let go, where I put Nate McMillan firmly into a coaching candidate tier called "Why the **** did we let Frank go again?" He was not my guy, and I've been calling for Bird's head for a year now as a result.
    Last edited by Sandman21; 04-21-2017 at 12:07 AM.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "

  33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  34. #419
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    14,826

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Frank Vogel had what 6 seasons. Nate was here for like 6 months don't get me wrong I think Nate should be fired(he shouldn't have been hired) but I disagree with Vogel being let go for less.

    If anything going from Vogel to McMillan was a lateral move in a lot of ways especially since he was Frank's assistant did you think it was going to be better?
    Well, Frank was Jim's assistant and I'm pretty sure most of us would say he was a lot better. So that analogy might be flawed.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  36. #420
    TRADE MONTA Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55 - Now, Then, Forever
    Posts
    7,829

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, Frank was Jim's assistant and I'm pretty sure most of us would say he was a lot better. So that analogy might be flawed.
    I can't believe I'm ****ing saying this, but I'd rather have Jim back then another year of Nate. Seriously. Someone please talk me down from the ledge here.
    Last edited by Sandman21; 04-21-2017 at 01:31 AM.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "

  37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  38. #421
    #Biggie4NPOY Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    23,299

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    the weirdest thing about Nate for me has been how much of just a non-entity he's been. big a prick as he was you KNEW JOB was the coach, flip it 180 degrees and same deal with Frank. Nate's just sorta...there. none of the players really mention him ever, I don't notice a lot of player interaction with him, there's zero media push with him from the franchise.

  39. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  40. #422

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the weirdest thing about Nate for me has been how much of just a non-entity he's been. big a prick as he was you KNEW JOB was the coach, flip it 180 degrees and same deal with Frank. Nate's just sorta...there. none of the players really mention him ever, I don't notice a lot of player interaction with him, there's zero media push with him from the franchise.
    I could not agree more. This feels like the most true thing I've seen anyone write about Nate yet.

  41. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:


  42. #423
    Member sportfireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,450
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bird and Nate need to be given their walking papers.
    Please add some players to the list. These players don't have heart.
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

    Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the esteem of Elohim,
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be kind towards one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as Elohim also forgave you in Messiah.

  43. #424
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    34,545

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dont even care. I took a lot of **** for making this thread. So i'll say it.

    I told you so.
    Wait.

    You start a thread during the second game of the season (not sure why you just didn't start it in July) saying the coach should be fired now

    oh **** why bother. not worth it

  44. #425
    Administrator Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    51,291

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Fire Nate McMillan now!

    Nate has been badly exposed in this series. And he's not exactly new at this, so that makes it all the more inexcusable.
    2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS & 2010 AFC CHAMPIONS

    1940, 1953, 1976, 1981, & 1987 NCAA CHAMPIONS & 2002 NCAA FINALISTS
    1970, 1972, & 1973 ABA CHAMPIONS & 2000 NBA EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •