Page 209 of 236 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,225 of 5897

Thread: The 2016-2017 NBA Random Thoughts Thread, 13th of its name: Kingslayers

Default Re: The 2016-2017 NBA Random Thoughts Thread, 13th of its name: Kingslayers

@WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 2016-2017 NBA Random Thoughts Thread, 13th of its name: Kingslayers

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

$20 mil for Ibaka?! Oyyyy

20 million is the new 10 million. It is what it is unfortunately.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

TJ Ford, and much as he may have squandered all that talent, Rick Barnes brought UT hoops back from the dead (but mostly TJ Ford).

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Wow, that is very cool. Very touching.
    Lance is finally home. Whether he becomes our starting PG or he's 6th man, he's getting big minutes and he's here to stay. #llortontnia

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Wow, that is very cool. Very touching.
    Both of em are legit just good people. It doesn't sound like much but it's a huge compliment in the cesspool that is major college hoops. Sucks TJ's body failed him but he's gonna have a great coaching career if he wants it.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

As rumors inevitably fly about what the Celtics will do with their No. 1 overall pick in the draft next month, ESPN's Jackie MacMullan shared a story about what the C's were trying to do before last year's draft.

Trade Isaiah Thomas? Yes, and just about everyone else on the roster.

MacMullan told another Hall of Fame basketball writer, Bob Ryan, on Ryan's podcast that Danny Ainge was looking to trade Thomas last year to try and get another lottery pick in addition to the No. 3 choice, which the Celtics used to take Jaylen Brown.

"Before the draft last year, Danny was trying to get two picks, not just Jaylen Brown," MacMullan told Ryan. "He was on the phone with everybody from coast to coast, and he was offering everybody. That includes Marcus Smart and Isaiah Thomas, and anything else they needed to get where he wanted to go. There were no untouchables on that team last year."

The Celtics had three of the first 25 picks in last year's draft and took Brown and international big men Guerschon Yabusele (16th) and Ante Zizic (23rd).

Is everyone, including Thomas, 27, whose scoring improved from 22.2 points a game last season to 28.9 this season, untouchable again this year?

"The only untouchable now I would say is Al Horford," MacMullan said

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    As rumors inevitably fly about what the Celtics will do with their No. 1 overall pick in the draft next month, ESPN's Jackie MacMullan shared a story about what the C's were trying to do before last year's draft.

MacMullan told another Hall of Fame basketball writer, Bob Ryan, on Ryan's podcast that Danny Ainge was looking to trade Thomas last year to try and get another lottery pick in addition to the No. 3 choice, which the Celtics used to take Jaylen Brown.

"Before the draft last year, Danny was trying to get two picks, not just Jaylen Brown," MacMullan told Ryan. "He was on the phone with everybody from coast to coast, and he was offering everybody. That includes Marcus Smart and Isaiah Thomas, and anything else they needed to get where he wanted to go. There were no untouchables on that team last year."

The Celtics had three of the first 25 picks in last year's draft and took Brown and international big men Guerschon Yabusele (16th) and Ante Zizic (23rd).

Is everyone, including Thomas, 27, whose scoring improved from 22.2 points a game last season to 28.9 this season, untouchable again this year?

Gotta feel crappy if you're IT and hearing about yourself in trade rumors this offseason after the season he's had.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ichi For This Useful Post:

sav

Ryan, I've been hearing that re-signing IT won't be a priority, given Fultz & the financial burden of paying another couple of stars. This does make me wonder about (but not hope for) essentially an IT-for-PG swap. Thoughts?

"I think if he is and we pass on Leaf we'd be some dumb mother ****ers."

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Salaries wouldn't match.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

@WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to vnzla81 For This Useful Post:

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Salaries wouldn't match.
    Doesn't have to if it's after July 1, Boston is under the cap. Plus I'm sure we'll take back Zeller or whoever if they need to for salary matching.

Apart from IT, I'd be interested in a Bradley for #18 swap.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFife View Post
    Ryan, I've been hearing that re-signing IT won't be a priority, given Fultz & the financial burden of paying another couple of stars. This does make me wonder about (but not hope for) essentially an IT-for-PG swap. Thoughts?
    I mentioned this in another thread. I see an offer of IT/Brown/Zellar plus future first offer (Nets 2018) coming for PG. It'd work if the Nets are willing to take on Al Jeff and Monta's salary for our 2018 pick and we can sign Hayward

IT/Brown/Hayward/Thad/Turner
    with Lance/GRIII/Pick/Seraphin off the bench
    Have a prospect in Brown, don't lose much in the SF position and have a high draft pick in 2018.

Only thing I don't like is IT is going to command more money than Teague

It's kind of hard to take her seriously when she voted Green over PG on the All NBA

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BornIndy07 View Post
    It's kind of hard to take her seriously when she voted Green over PG on the All NBA
    Lots of other people did too. He deserved it imo. Not exactly sure why Draymond gets so much **** around here, but hopefully PG learned that he doesn't get rewarded for coasting a good chunk of the season.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Lots of other people did too. He deserved it imo. Not exactly sure why Draymond gets so much **** around here, but hopefully PG learned that he doesn't get rewarded for coasting a good chunk of the season.
    There a lot of LeBron fans here

Kind of surprised Jordan didn't want this for himself but he might not be that sentimental.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/05/20/...auction-block/

Michael Jordan’s 1984 Olympic jersey going on auction block

In some ways, the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles was Michael Jordan’s coming out party — he had won a national championship at North Carolina, but as he was about to enter the NBA he went on the big Olympic stage and averaged 17.1 points per game on 54 percent shooting, leading the last team of amateurs that won gold for the United States in the Olympics. (The USA won bronze in 1988 and responded with the Dream Team, again with Jordan, in 1992.)

Jordan’s No. 9 jersey from that team can be yours… if you have a remarkable amount of disposable income for such things. It goes up for bid on June 2 at Gray Flannel Auctions, and here is their description.

This jersey is properly tagged, was presented to us as game-used and in our opinion shows excellent use remaining in pristine condition…. This jersey has been conclusively Photo-Matched to the USA Olympic exhibition games, the preliminary Olympic trials and progressively matched to actual Olympic play. We believe this to be the only red color-way uniform that Jordan wore for this historic gold medal run.

Bidding starts at $10,000, but you may need to add an extra zero to that if you want to win the bid.

Good luck to whoever pays him whatever he wants

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Well I just hope PG averages 10/7/7 on 42% this next season and get back on the all NBA teams. That will really hammer the message home about needing a good season all year long.

Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Well I just hope PG averages 10/7/7 on 42% this next season and get back on the all NBA teams. That will really hammer the message home about needing a good season all year long.

Yes, right, of course. We know numbers are all that matters. He's the leader of the best team in the league and likely the DPOY. Without looking, I'm guessing the DPOY is usually a fixture on All-NBA teams.

You dismiss numbers while advocating for the always precise effort meter.

My eyes tell me Draymond coasted this year, so I guess I should have just went with that and then it couldn't be questioned.

I'd love Draymond in Indy but come on man. 10pts on 42%. It's rather embarrassing that's a top 15 individual production and taken seriously.

You dismiss numbers while advocating for the always precise effort meter.

My eyes tell me Draymond coasted this year, so I guess I should have just went with that and then it couldn't be questioned.

I'd love Draymond in Indy but come on man. 10pts on 42%. It's rather embarrassing that's a top 15 individual production and taken seriously.
    Okay, well you have your opinion, I have mine. Doesn't seem like we will bridge that gulf so agree to disagree.

You wondered why people were hating on Green and I was just filling in the blanks.

I bet it's one of, if not the, worst individual seasons to ever make all NBA. I'd be shocked to find out that worse would be a regular occurrence.

10pts on 42% is the kicker. Had he shot something like 55% I'd understand it more. But that low offensively is a joke. Roy Hibbert would be embarrassed.
    Last edited by Since86; 05-22-2017 at 01:13 PM.

You wondered why people were hating on Green and I was just filling in the blanks.

I bet it's one of, if not the, worst individual seasons to ever make all NBA. I'd be shocked to find out that worse would be a regular occurrence.

10pts on 42% is the kicker. Had he shot something like 55% I'd understand it more. But that low offensively is a joke. Roy Hibbert would be embarrassed.
    Ben Wallace made second team All-NBA in 2004 averaging 9 ppg and shot 42% from the field.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post: