Page 149 of 236 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 5897

Thread: The 2016-2017 NBA Random Thoughts Thread, 13th of its name: Kingslayers

  1. #3701
    13/31 Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    51,285

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 2016-2017 NBA Random Thoughts Thread, 13th of its name: Kingslayers

    Quote Originally Posted by sav View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Channel 8 announced the other day that they are going to cover 100 Cubs games this season...free TV.

    The Colts are on CBS, Fox or ABC nearly every week....free TV.

    The Pacers? They are on Fox Sports Indiana...you have to pay for a package in order to get that channel. That's ridiculous. One of my pet peeves.
    The Pacers are the only reason I still have cable. And that is the case for a lot of NBA fans.

    With the rise of cord-cutting, and ESPN bleeding money, I see the next round of NBA viewing being spread across multiple outlets, including cable-less companies such as Twitter and YouTube. The long-standing cable structure is coming to an end. The NBA and ESPN are single-handedly keeping it alive right now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS & 2010 AFC CHAMPIONS

    1940, 1953, 1976, 1981, & 1987 NCAA CHAMPIONS & 2002 NCAA FINALISTS
    1970, 1972, & 1973 ABA CHAMPIONS & 2000 NBA EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

    sav

  3. #3702
    13/31 Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    51,285

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 2016-2017 NBA Random Thoughts Thread, 13th of its name: Kingslayers

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it me....or are the Warriors a beatable Team without a legit SF?

    This year....they had KD....last season, they had Barnes. Since KD went down....they've been playing with an average to below average SF in their lineup.

    Add in that Curry and Klay aren't playing very well as of late and we see that they have been playing terribly lately.
    GS is a significantly worse team than last season without KD. They won't make it out of the west without him.

    Before the season, I picked Cleveland to win the title because I knew something like this would happen to GS. I could just feel it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS & 2010 AFC CHAMPIONS

    1940, 1953, 1976, 1981, & 1987 NCAA CHAMPIONS & 2002 NCAA FINALISTS
    1970, 1972, & 1973 ABA CHAMPIONS & 2000 NBA EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS

  4. #3703
    13/31 Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    51,285

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default The 2016-2017 NBA Random Thoughts Thread, 13th of its name: Kingslayers

    Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    respectfully, I think you're wrong here. There are a lot of IU fans that still dream of those glory years and would take RMK back in a heartbeat. JMO, but there is somewhat of an age divide of about 40 or so to it. Those that were 14 or older during Knight's time at IU are more in the Knight crowd. Any younger than that, you might as well be talking about bringing back Branch McCracken.
    Those aren't IU fans, they're RMK fans. They stopped rooting for the C&C in 2000.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS & 2010 AFC CHAMPIONS

    1940, 1953, 1976, 1981, & 1987 NCAA CHAMPIONS & 2002 NCAA FINALISTS
    1970, 1972, & 1973 ABA CHAMPIONS & 2000 NBA EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS

  5. #3704

    Default Re: The 2016-2017 NBA Random Thoughts Thread, 13th of its name: Kingslayers

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GS is a significantly worse team than last season without KD. They won't make it out of the west without him.

    Before the season, I picked Cleveland to win the title because I knew something like this would happen to GS. I could just feel it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    This is a large part of why I found the outrage over KD going to GSW being bad for the league rather laughable there are no guarantees it would work out.

  6. #3705
    13/31 Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    51,285

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 2016-2017 NBA Random Thoughts Thread, 13th of its name: Kingslayers

    LaMarcus Aldridge is out indefinitely with heart arrhythmia.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS & 2010 AFC CHAMPIONS

    1940, 1953, 1976, 1981, & 1987 NCAA CHAMPIONS & 2002 NCAA FINALISTS
    1970, 1972, & 1973 ABA CHAMPIONS & 2000 NBA EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS

  7. #3706
    THE FRANCHISE Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,770

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 2016-2017 NBA Random Thoughts Thread, 13th of its name: Kingslayers

    So no Curry, Thompson, Green, Kawhi, or Aldridge in the "biggest" game of the year.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:


  9. #3707
    THE FRANCHISE Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,770

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 2016-2017 NBA Random Thoughts Thread, 13th of its name: Kingslayers

    Or Iggy, Parker, and Murray.

  10. #3708
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    35
    Posts
    32,729

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 2016-2017 NBA Random Thoughts Thread, 13th of its name: Kingslayers

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LaMarcus Aldridge is out indefinitely with heart arrhythmia.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ...and the rockets and jazz just entered the finals picture.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  11. #3709

    Default Re: The 2016-2017 NBA Random Thoughts Thread, 13th of its name: Kingslayers

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So no Curry, Thompson, Green, Kawhi, or Aldridge in the "biggest" game of the year.
    Sucks for people who bought tickets

  12. #3710

    Default Re: The 2016-2017 NBA Random Thoughts Thread, 13th of its name: Kingslayers

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...and the rockets and jazz just entered the finals picture.


    Grizzlies......

  13. #3711
    Member Grimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10,430

    Default Re: The 2016-2017 NBA Random Thoughts Thread, 13th of its name: Kingslayers

    Man. Can you guys imagine an NBA Finals with no Warriors, or Spurs? NBA suits will literally lose their $h*t. You remember how they reacted after the Warriors upset the Mavs that one year with Baron Davis, Stephen Jackson and the gang. All of a sudden five game 1st round series were extended to seven games. If things don't shake out like the NBA had planned (Warriors/Cavs Part III)... we might see all kinds of interesting new rules changes this Summer to benefit the super teams.

  14. #3712
    Member PetPaima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Valkeakoski, Finland
    Posts
    1,196

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 2016-2017 NBA Random Thoughts Thread, 13th of its name: Kingslayers

    Wizards vs Jazz would my hoped finals match-up this season.

    No, I don't have hope for Pacers making it nor I even would hope it for THIS team. I wish us to miss playoffs so that 1) we can get rid of Bird, 2) become physical again, 3) start youth movement over these way-past-their-primes currently in rotation.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to PetPaima For This Useful Post:

    sav

  16. #3713

    Default Re: The 2016-2017 NBA Random Thoughts Thread, 13th of its name: Kingslayers

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man. Can you guys imagine an NBA Finals with no Warriors, or Spurs? NBA suits will literally lose their $h*t. You remember how they reacted after the Warriors upset the Mavs that one year with Baron Davis, Stephen Jackson and the gang. All of a sudden five game 1st round series were extended to seven games. If things don't shake out like the NBA had planned (Warriors/Cavs Part III)... we might see all kinds of interesting new rules changes this Summer to benefit the super teams.

    No they won't as long as they have a big market team(Lakers) or LeBron is in it they won't care about the other team as much as you think

    Now if you're going to tell me no Warriors AND no LeBron then yes they would hate it.

    I would love it though because it would be an NBA Finals I would want to watch.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:


  18. #3714
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,986

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 2016-2017 NBA Random Thoughts Thread, 13th of its name: Kingslayers

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ... we might see all kinds of interesting new rules changes this Summer to benefit the super teams.
    Give me a ****ing break.

  19. #3715
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    35
    Posts
    34,010

    Default Re: The 2016-2017 NBA Random Thoughts Thread, 13th of its name: Kingslayers

    Utah getting their a** handed to them.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  20. #3716

    Default Re: The 2016-2017 NBA Random Thoughts Thread, 13th of its name: Kingslayers



    Lol

  21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BornIndy07 For This Useful Post:


  22. #3717
    You've got no fans! IrishPacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,741

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 2016-2017 NBA Random Thoughts Thread, 13th of its name: Kingslayers

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Utah getting their a** handed to them.
    Somehow it slips your mind to update this thread when Utah win.
    https://twitter.com/DrogsNavan

    Change is neither good or bad, it simply is.

  23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IrishPacer For This Useful Post:


  24. #3718

    Default Re: The 2016-2017 NBA Random Thoughts Thread, 13th of its name: Kingslayers

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...and the rockets and jazz just entered the finals picture.
    He's had it for a long time including while in Portland, where he would miss two weeks, if it is the same​ thing probably not that big of a thing

  25. #3719
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    16,845

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The 2016-2017 NBA Random Thoughts Thread, 13th of its name: Kingslayers

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Somehow it slips your mind to update this thread when Utah win.
    It's not on accident trust me lol

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  27. #3720
    Member Grimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10,430

    Default Re: The 2016-2017 NBA Random Thoughts Thread, 13th of its name: Kingslayers

    Pelicans beat the Hornets in Charlotte earlier tonight. Anthony Davis had 46 but Jordan Crawford (formerly of the Wizards, Warriors, and Celtics)... had 19 points and was 5 of 7 from three point range. Another player Larry could've picked up for shooting purposes. Marcus Thornton is still out there as well. For a team that needs shooters, Crawford and Thornton would've been good fits.

  28. #3721
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    35
    Posts
    34,010

    Default Re: The 2016-2017 NBA Random Thoughts Thread, 13th of its name: Kingslayers

    Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Somehow it slips your mind to update this thread when Utah win.
    Alternative facts? if anything I've been commenting about anything Utah related here.


    And Lol at you acting like I'm making it up, the hack a Andre kind of worked though and Nero going crazy brought Utah back but my guess is you didn't watch the game so why even comment?
    Last edited by vnzla81; 03-12-2017 at 12:08 AM.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  29. #3722
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    35
    Posts
    34,010

    Default Re: The 2016-2017 NBA Random Thoughts Thread, 13th of its name: Kingslayers

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not on accident trust me lol
    Uh? We just a had a conversation pages ago about the Utah/Houston game
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

  30. #3723
    Member LG33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    21,070

    Default Re: The 2016-2017 NBA Random Thoughts Thread, 13th of its name: Kingslayers

    Bucks, Heat and Pistons all win. Not good.

  31. #3724
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    6,333

    Default Re: The 2016-2017 NBA Random Thoughts Thread, 13th of its name: Kingslayers

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Alternative facts? if anything I've been commenting about anything Utah related here.


    And Lol at you acting like I'm making it up, the hack a Andre kind of worked though and Nero going crazy brought Utah back but my guess is you didn't watch the game so why even comment?
    All you have to do is post about the next Utah win where George Hill has a great game and say great game by George Hill while making only positive comments about him.
    Larry Bird qouted March 25th. 2015:

    Bird: I wanted to keep our group together because in the summer, if David and Roy opt out, we're back to zero, really. We don't have that much, so you leave your options open. If we did make a trade, I didn't want to take on a lot of contracts -- because that's what usually happens. Plus, I liked my guys. They're playing well. If we keep the core together and Paul comes back healthy, we'll be right back to where we were.

  32. #3725
    Member vnzla81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    35
    Posts
    34,010

    Default Re: The 2016-2017 NBA Random Thoughts Thread, 13th of its name: Kingslayers

    Damn league pass is screwing the score for the Portland/Wizards game, damn you !!!!
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •