Page 236 of 236 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236
Results 5,876 to 5,897 of 5897

Thread: The 2016-2017 NBA Random Thoughts Thread, 13th of its name: Kingslayers

Default Re: The 2016-2017 NBA Random Thoughts Thread, 13th of its name: Kingslayers

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I were LeBron, I'd be tempted to spend the rest of my career signing 1-year deals with teams that are close to contention to see if I could get them over the top. Especially teams that haven't won before. He could start in...oh...I dunno...Indiana, I suppose.
    **** no!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jose Slaughter For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 2016-2017 NBA Random Thoughts Thread, 13th of its name: Kingslayers

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    https://streamable.com/nyhsz

Best play from every NBA team this year. Awesome video
    Its weird they started with the Nets

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    https://streamable.com/nyhsz

Best play from every NBA team this year. Awesome video
    Nice. The Indiana play was kinda lame, IMO. Better to have picked the block by Myles of Black in the LAL game here.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Was it Bill Simmons that made this argument or someone else? BUt yeah he basically said Lebron should become the greatest mercenary sports has ever known for his final 5-6 years.
    BillS

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    Nice. The Indiana play was kinda lame, IMO. Better to have picked the block by Myles of Black in the LAL game here.
    Honestly most the dunks were lame

I'd say the LeBron three and the Russ three were the best plays of the year. the John Wall one is close too

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Honestly most the dunks were lame

I'd say the LeBron three and the Russ three were the best plays of the year. the John Wall one is close too
    the best plays were voted on by each teams reddit. little sad that the best celtics play voted by the fans of bostons reddit was Pierce as a clipper

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Was it Bill Simmons that made this argument or someone else? BUt yeah he basically said Lebron should become the greatest mercenary sports has ever known for his final 5-6 years.
    I think it was Heisenberg

I think LeBron is good enough to make it plausible too.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    I think it was Heisenberg

I think LeBron is good enough to make it plausible too.
    Simmons steals my stuff all the time, I just laugh and move on now

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I don't know where else to talk about it but is this McGregor/Mayweather fight seriously gonna happen? I don't know where the fight's supposed to be but what state is sanctioning this sideshow? it'll go a couple rounds cuz Floyd'll give the people what they want but it's done inside of a minute if it's real.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I don't know where else to talk about it but is this McGregor/Mayweather fight seriously gonna happen? I don't know where the fight's supposed to be but what state is sanctioning this sideshow? it'll go a couple rounds cuz Floyd'll give the people what they want but it's done inside of a minute if it's real.
    As much as I want to see Mayweather lose, I just don't see it. McGregor is out of his element and Mayweather is gonna duck everything like he did Pac. I'm not paying to watch anything, but go McGregor.
    It's a new day for Pacers Basketball.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

McGregor must not care about anything but money at this point - he knows he essentially cannot win right?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I hope Floyd completely embarrasses McGregor.

With that said, I think Conor has a bit more of a chance than everyone is letting on.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    I hope Floyd completely embarrasses McGregor.

With that said, I think Conor has a bit more of a chance than everyone is letting on.
    I feel differently. I hope McGregor rocks Mayweather so hard that when asked a question in the post-interview, he just spurts out: "Yeah...I'll have a Caesar salad.."

18. The Following User Says Thank You to pogi For This Useful Post:

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pogi View Post
    I feel differently. I hope McGregor rocks Mayweather so hard that when asked a question in the post-interview, he just spurts out: "Yeah...I'll have a Caesar salad.."
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/06/19/...curry-in-2009/

I'm not sure Stephen would be nearly as good if he were on the Timberwolves.

Stephen Curry’s agent, father Dell told Timberwolves not to draft Curry in 2009

You don’t have to like LaVar Ball, but know he’s the latest in a long line of parents/agents who have tried to influence where they child was drafted and played.

To make that point, former Minnesota GM David Kahn (KAAAHHHNNNN!) wrote a story for Sports Illustrated talking about one of the most infamous moments in Timberwolves draft history — when they drafted back-t0-back point guards at No. 5 and 6 in 2009, but left Stephen Curry on the board.

In 2009, just days after my May 22 hiring as President of Basketball Operations for the Minnesota Timberwolves, the agent for Steph Curry told me that Steph’s father, Dell, did not want his son to be drafted by Minnesota—“No offense,” as I recall Jeff Austin, his agent saying to me at the Chicago draft combine.

Jeff Austin, who I’d known casually, had represented Dell Curry when he was a player. He had been handed Steph due to his connection to Dell and told me this was a family request. “I really need your help on this,” Jeff said, explaining why there would be no visit and perhaps even hell-to-pay. (As it turned out, this was the only time when I was with the Wolves that I ever ran into this type of draft problem.)…

So we now had the Nos. 5 and 6 picks in the draft. Taking not one, but two players who might not want to play in Minnesota? That would have taken real cojones. We took Rubio and Jonny Flynn, a ready-to-play point guard who started 81 games for us as a rookie and then fell victim to a terrible hip injury. At the time, drafting Flynn made a lot of sense: we didn’t have a single point guard on the roster and our staff had ranked him No. 1 among all point-guard prospects for not only his on-court play, but also his strong leadership qualities, a significant team need.

Despite the criticism he has taken at times, Rubio has not been a terrible pick.

Flynn, on the other hand, struggled due to more than that injury. However, he had a fantastic workout and meeting with the Timberwolves, while Curry would not come for a workout. Kahn made his call.

And a couple of titles and a couple MVP awards later, history has written the story. Just consider this a cautionary tale about how things can get done.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Mood

It's not all bad news right now. Making friends with Seraphin paid off.

Last edited by Strummer; 06-21-2017 at 05:47 PM. Reason: spelling counts, I need to hire a proofreader

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:

Looks like the salary cap number for next season is going to be $99 M. Down from $101M which was down from $107M. Going to put the squeeze on some teams trying to add players.

So is Minny officially a super team?

Kat, Wiggins and Jimmy, that's kind of nice.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post

I'd float them Paul for Wiggins and Shabazz Muhammad before I'd trade Paul to Boston. I think we were in talks with Minnesota for Lavine, Dunn and the lottery pick last night. With Butler in place and KAT, Paul would definitely consider resigning with Minny next Summer. That's a top 3 western conference team.

Pierce is the best lol

@WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post

Considering these guys haven't won or done anything of significance in the NBA how can they be considered a super team?