Page 180 of 236 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230 ... LastLast
Results 4,476 to 4,500 of 5897

Thread: The 2016-2017 NBA Random Thoughts Thread, 13th of its name: Kingslayers

Default Re: The 2016-2017 NBA Random Thoughts Thread, 13th of its name: Kingslayers

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And Lakers have won 4 in a row
    I know the nba's official stance is that they don't want tanking but this is just stupid. They had a chance to at least end with the second worst record and improve their chances. It's not like the difference between the # 1 pick and #4 if the lottery doesn't go their way, it's the difference between a top 3 pick and no pick at all. Winning those games could have just had a detrimental effect on their immediate future.
    Larry Bird qouted March 25th. 2015:

Bird: I wanted to keep our group together because in the summer, if David and Roy opt out, we're back to zero, really. We don't have that much, so you leave your options open. If we did make a trade, I didn't want to take on a lot of contracts -- because that's what usually happens. Plus, I liked my guys. They're playing well. If we keep the core together and Paul comes back healthy, we'll be right back to where we were.

Default Re: The 2016-2017 NBA Random Thoughts Thread, 13th of its name: Kingslayers

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    I have an uncle that won't eat any white foods. never really asked him about it.

another old dude I knew would not eat any round foods...but he was crazy in other ways too.

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    I am astounded at the result of the Cavs-Hawks games - and then the Wizards loss- do these teams have in it in for the Pacers?
    probably better for us the hawks win as much as possible...so they don't have pressure to win in game 82 against us

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    I know the nba's official stance is that they don't want tanking but this is just stupid. They had a chance to at least end with the second worst record and improve their chances. It's not like the difference between the # 1 pick and #4 if the lottery doesn't go their way, it's the difference between a top 3 pick and no pick at all. Winning those games could have just had a detrimental effect on their immediate future.
    Good for us if the rumors about PG being interested in going home are true. This could help our chances at re-signing him.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    Good for us if the rumors about PG being interested in going home are true. This could help our chances at re-signing him.
    True, it would be best for us if they lose the pick.
    It's still really stupid though.
    Larry Bird qouted March 25th. 2015:

Bird: I wanted to keep our group together because in the summer, if David and Roy opt out, we're back to zero, really. We don't have that much, so you leave your options open. If we did make a trade, I didn't want to take on a lot of contracts -- because that's what usually happens. Plus, I liked my guys. They're playing well. If we keep the core together and Paul comes back healthy, we'll be right back to where we were.

Sam Presti should be GM of the year for screwing up so much giving us Westbrook by himself and Harden in Houston.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    I am astounded at the result of the Cavs-Hawks games - and then the Wizards loss- do these teams have in it in for the Pacers?
    With that loss Cleveland and Boston are now tied for #1. Hopefully the cavs help us out a little tonight

Not good for us.

Cavs resting their big 3 tonight vs Miami.

If they lose, they will most likely be 2nd seed, and we will probably end up being #7 assuming we win out.

I'd rather play Boston in round 1.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to The Future For This Useful Post:

pta

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't remember a season where resting has been such a big thing. Just play the god damn games

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:

**** the Cavs

Cavs wouldn't have won tonight anyway. They haven't won in Miami since LeBron went back. And they rested LeBron their first game in Miami this season. Wack

Man this blows I'm so sick of these players resting not because of the pacers situation but just overall just sucks for the fans I was really looking forward to that game

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by granger4mvp View Post
    Man this blows I'm so sick of these players resting not because of the pacers situation but just overall just sucks for the fans I was really looking forward to that game
    I don't think it would be an issue if they hadn't already rested so much during the season. End-of-season games have always been dependent on the position of the opponent vis-a-vis perhaps having clinched a spot and so resting starters. That's why you can't depend on another team handling your business for you and need to control your own destiny.

Personally, if we win out and end up playing the Cavs in a 2-7 match I'd be ecstatic. The most exciting games for our fans and (I think) the best time to get them because we'll likely still be moving the energy in the same direction.
    BillS

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Or throw in a first-round pick and flip it for a max-level point guard...

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

You'd think there'd be diminishing returns from resting so much.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

Another interesting angle on the resting discussion as it relates to LeBron is because he plays so many minutes when he does play, he's still going to finish in the top 10 of minutes played this season even with the games missed. In fact, he has played more minutes than Westbrook this year (although Westbrook will almost certainly pass him when LeBron sits tonight).

Maybe frank Vogel will do us a solid tonight

HAHA Cavs resting against the Heat. 3 days after they said no rest until they clinch the 1st seed.

Nate Robinson is going to play in the Venezuelan league.
    @WhatTheFFacts: Studies show that sarcasm enhances the ability of the human mind to solve complex problems!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

25. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post

Well deserved

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Maybe frank Vogel will do us a solid tonight

29. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

The Cavs are getting killed in the 4th again. 18-4 so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Nate Robinson is going to play in the Venezuelan league.
    I didn't know you had a league...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Welp i guess this is going to the last game of the season. Cavs just gave the lead up.

I will never understand how Deron Williams allowed himself to become as mediocre as he has.