Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: 05/05/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Celtics - Game 6 (1st Round)

ReggieMiller8325

Default Re: 05/05/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Celtics - Game 6 (1st Round)

We are going to win GAME 7.

Default Re: 05/05/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Celtics - Game 6 (1st Round)

god i hope reggie comes back

Reggie should be allowed to run up and kick everyone of our players in the ****ing balls for this ****. What a sad bunch of players. You get every ****ING CHANCE to win the game, they even kick out their best player out the game, their center fouls out, Refs are giving us calls left and right and we lose.

All I know is one more game till Ron Artest's suspension is over.

Wow. Incredibly underwhelming performance by the Pacers there. This feels worse than the two blowouts they suffered. I don't even know if I want the Pacers to win Saturday because Detroit would DESTROY this team.

Sad. Just really sad.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

i hate how our offense works sometimes

all we do is just STAND there and pass it to a guy and hope he makes a forced shot

Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)

Box Score

FINAL TEAM STATISTICS
    ---------------------Celtics----------Pacers
    FG%---------------------41.1------------36.0
    3PT%--------------------18.8------------24.0
    FT%---------------------78.9------------78.4
    Turnovers---------------17--------------16
    Fast Break--------------10---------------5
    Biggest Lead------------10--------------11
    Points in the Paint-----42--------------20
    Offensive Rebounds------17--------------11
    Defensive Rebounds------37--------------33
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...

Quote Originally Posted by Aw Heck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow. Incredibly underwhelming performance by the Pacers there. This feels worse than the two blowouts they suffered. I don't even know if I want the Pacers to win Saturday because Detroit would DESTROY this team.

Sad. Just really sad.

Somewhere, UB is saying "I'd rather lose by 30 than by 1."
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

well, i guess i'll see you guys next year

thats a bad loss but it's not the end of the world.. some of you guys swearing and paying out on the team get the effe over it.. i still love this team weather we are first or last.. sure it hurts but i'll never say we suck or **** like that..

it's a bad bad loss but this series we have had 2 real bad loss's that hurt me.. we have won twice on there floor and we can do it again

we should have put this away but we diden't, i am sure the crew has learned from this and we'll come out fighting saturday...

i'm more worried about the next round and how much fun the pistons will have on eather winner... as there rested and happy

We diden't need to win this game, we should have, we would have liked to but we diden't need to, we have made out life harder but it's even money for game 7...

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Damn! Look at the FG% in general and the 3ptFG% in particular, add up the rebounding DISASTER and there ya go
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

players overall- great

consistency- horrendous

screw this we will win this game 7 crap

the problem with the last play with us losing by 2 wasn't that we gave the ball to jo or anything, but that everyone else stood where they were at just watching

the rest of the players maybe could of gone inside for a chance of an offensive rebound

i sometimes wonder if carlisle even yells at our players

How do you **** it up so bad. Tinsley should of been yanked permanently after the first 3 he jacked up. What was he 1 of 15 tonight.....Should have never taken any GD Shots!

the only players that played well were dale, james, and...ummm

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

AJ made some great plays and came through in some critical moments, I wished he would have played more in OT.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Paahking my caahr in Haahvad Yaahd... ;-)

Post Re: 05/05/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Celtics - Game 6 (1st Round)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2005050511

• Boston 92, Indiana 89, OT

By STEVE HERMAN, AP Sports Writer

AP - May 5, 10:25 pm EDT

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- In the wildest game yet of a series headed to a Game 7, the Celtics overcame the late ejection of Paul Pierce and sent their first-round matchup with the Indiana Pacers back to Boston.

Antoine Walker scored 24 points Thursday night, including a go-ahead 3-pointer early in overtime and the clinching basket with a minute to go, in Boston's 92-89 victory.

Boston came back from an early 11-point deficit, took the lead late in the second quarter and stayed in front until the closing seconds of regulation, when Pierce was ejected for his second technical foul.

Boston led 84-83 at the time, and Pierce had just been intentionally fouled by Tinsley as the Pacers tried to stop the clock. Tinsley hit Pierce in the neck while fouling him, and Pierce appeared to swing his elbow in anger.

Referee Steve Javie did not immediately make a call. But after huddling with the other two officials, Pierce was assessed his second technical foul of the game -- an automatic ejection.

Reggie Miller hit the technical foul shot to tie the game, and the Pacers got to choose which Celtics player would replace Pierce at the foul line. They selected Kendrick Perkins, a 64 percent foul shooter, and he missed both attempts.

The Pacers then had a chance to win, but Miller shot an airball from well behind the 3-point line, sending the game to overtime.

Jefferson scored the first basket of the extra period, and there was one more tie before Walker's 3-pointer put the Celtics ahead to stay. His next basket made it 91-87 before Tinsley scored, and Indiana got the ball back with 15 seconds left.

O'Neal then missed a 16-foot turnaround and the ball went out of bounds over the backboard. Delonte West hit one of two free throws to finish the scoring for Boston, and Indiana's Anthony Johnson missed a 3-pointer after Indiana inbounded with 0.7 seconds left.

Davis had a playoff career-high 22 points and Pierce added 20 for Boston.

O'Neal led Indiana with 26 points.

The winner of Game 7 on Saturday will open the Eastern Conference semifinals at defending NBA champion Detroit.

Walker had 13 of his 24 points in the fourth quarter and overtime, but it was Boston's bench that initially put the Celtics in position to win.

Led by Davis and Jefferson, who finished with 11 points and 14 rebounds, the Celtics' bench outscored the starters in the first half to overcome Indiana's early lead.

The Pacers scored the first 10 points of the game, and a basket and free throw by Miller gave Indiana its biggest lead, 19-8, before Pierce scored his first points on a pair of free throws.

Boston cut it to 27-20 at the end of the period on Raef LaFrentz's buzzer-beater, and the Celtics continued their comeback while the Pacers went cold in the second quarter. A rebound basket by O'Neal put Indiana up 31-27, but the Pacers missed their next seven shots and managed just five free throws over the next six minutes.

A 3-pointer by Davis gave the Celtics their first lead, 37-36. Jefferson then dunked off an assist by Pierce, Pierce hit two more free throws and Gary Payton scored on a fast break following an Indiana turnover to complete a 14-1 run for a 43-36 lead.

The Celtics led 49-43 at the half and 70-62 after three quarters before consecutive 3-pointers by Indiana's James Jones and Fred Jones started the frantic fourth quarter.

Indiana pulled within one but failed on three straight possessions to tie or take the lead. Johnson hit one of two free throws with 27 seconds to go, making it 84-83, before the foul on Tinsley and Pierce's ejection.

Notes

Miller, who had 12 points, needs 27 points to pass former Celtics player Sam Jones (2,909) for 18th in playoff career scoring. ... The last time Boston won a playoff series after trailing 3-2 was in 1988 against Atlanta. ... Former Players Walt Frazier, George Gervin and Dominique Wilkins attended the game as part of the NBA Legends Tour.
    Your horse is dead, get off it already...