Thread: LSU fires Les Miles and Cam Cameron

Default LSU fires Les Miles and Cam Cameron

Default Re: LSU fires Les Miles and Cam Cameron

PURDUE NEEDS FORFEIT THE GAME NEXT WEEK AND FLY EVERYONE DOWN TO LES MILES HOUSE AND CAMP OUT UNTIL HE SIGNS ON TO BE THE HEAD COACH OF THE BOILERMAKERS.

But Hazel can stay home.

Sports Logo

Damn, the LSU/Auburn game really was a loser leaves town affair

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Damn, the LSU/Auburn game really was a loser leaves town affair
    In the end, both jobs will be open.

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    PURDUE NEEDS FORFEIT THE GAME NEXT WEEK AND FLY EVERYONE DOWN TO LES MILES HOUSE AND CAMP OUT UNTIL HE SIGNS ON TO BE THE HEAD COACH OF THE BOILERMAKERS.

But Hazel can stay home.
    Miles is a Michigan man since that job is taken he might not want to be a part of the Big 10 then again considering people here have lower expectations than those down south he might.

Maybe this is the best way I can put it: If Purdue hired Les Miles, as an IU fan, I'd be fine with that.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Maybe this is the best way I can put it: If Purdue hired Les Miles, as an IU fan, I'd be fine with that.
    Yeah, there's a reason Miles was canned.

The reason Miles was canned was because he refused to play SEC football. He wanted to play smashmouth football. Which would fit perfectly with Purdue. Purdue needs the culture changed and Miles is a brilliant recruiter. And for **** sakes, could you imagin Miles, Meyer and Harbaugh in the same conference. Its a win for Purdue. They really need to go balls out and try to get him.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

While I don't think Miles is amazing, he would be a great hire for Purdue.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah if Purdue or a non-power football college got Les Miles it would be a win, just don't really expect him to win a national title, but he can recruit guys and change the culture. To a lesser extent its what Rich Rod has done down here with Arizona football. They were constant losers but now its at least a winning season just about every year, don't think there will ever be a national title or anything but better than the crap that it was.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    The reason Miles was canned was because he refused to play SEC football. He wanted to play smashmouth football. Which would fit perfectly with Purdue. Purdue needs the culture changed and Miles is a brilliant recruiter. And for **** sakes, could you imagin Miles, Meyer and Harbaugh in the same conference. Its a win for Purdue. They really need to go balls out and try to get him.
    Have at it, Boilers. He's an amazing recruiter because it's really easy to recruit to LSU. They are in a talent rich state with no major in state competition. Kids grow up wanting to play football at LSU. Plus easy access to both Florida, Texas, and the fertile grounds that the SEC is in.

That said, he would absolutely recruit (much) better than recent coaches at Purdue. I just keep going back to how he could never develop quarterbacks when they were all 4-5 star guys, his offense was vanilla as **** under multiple OCs, and his clock management is ****ing atrocious. It's BS that he refused to play SEC football too--hell the SEC West programs are all mostly based around power running schemes except Texas A&M (Bama, Auburn, Arkansas, LSU). He would be better than Hazell, but most anyone clears the low bar he has set.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    Yeah if Purdue or a non-power football college got Les Miles it would be a win, just don't really expect him to win a national title, but he can recruit guys and change the culture. To a lesser extent its what Rich Rod has done down here with Arizona football. They were constant losers but now its at least a winning season just about every year, don't think there will ever be a national title or anything but better than the crap that it was.
    RichRod is the exception to the retreads, not the rule.

Someone from a Power 5 conference will hire Miles I'm sure. I don't expect him to have much success though.

RichRod is the exception to the retreads, not the rule.

Someone from a Power 5 conference will hire Miles I'm sure. I don't expect him to have much success though.
    Not to mention, I'm not sure how successful Rich Rod would be outside the Pac 12. God damn this is a weird conference.

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Not to mention, I'm not sure how successful Rich Rod would be outside the Pac 12. God damn this is a weird conference.
    The Pac-12 South is a mammoth crapshoot. There's not a single team in that division that would surprise me if they won it. Colorado, Utah, USC, UCLA, Arizona, Arizona State...any of them could win it.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

I think Les Miles is going to wait out until Jim Harbaugh returns to the NFL(possible future Colts coach to reunite with Andrew?)

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    I think Les Miles is going to wait out until Jim Harbaugh returns to the NFL(possible future Colts coach to reunite with Andrew?)
    I don't think Harbaugh is leaving Michigan any time soon. I see him a lot like Saban, knows he's better suited for the college game.

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    I don't think Harbaugh is leaving Michigan any time soon. I see him a lot like Saban, knows he's better suited for the college game.
    I see him like Larry Brown.

Forget Harbaugh for a minute. No ****ing way Michigan would hire Miles now even if they had a vacancy.

I see him like Larry Brown.

Forget Harbaugh for a minute. No ****ing way Michigan would hire Miles now even if they had a vacancy.

Same like Larry he can coach college and pro with ease but is also incredibly restless.

I think that they would hire Les Miles if Harbaugh bailed on them because who else out there could they get that would be better that isn't already taken. Plus he's also a former alum like Harbaugh.

Same like Larry he can coach college and pro with ease but is also incredibly restless.

I think that they would hire Les Miles if Harbaugh bailed on them because who else out there could they get that would be better that isn't already taken. Plus he's also a former alum like Harbaugh.
    Zero chance they would hire Miles. None. Zip. He had his window. Michigan is a cadillac job and Miles is damaged goods. He will coach a P5 school again, but it won't be a job of Michigan's caliber. I don't care if he's an alum or not.

Zero chance they would hire Miles. None. Zip. He had his window. Michigan is a cadillac job and Miles is damaged goods. He will coach a P5 school again, but it won't be a job of Michigan's caliber. I don't care if he's an alum or not.
    I don't get how he's that damaged I mean sure the unrealistic expectations of an SEC school may not come calling his way but I think he can get another decent gig. I really doubt he's going to get a low level coaching job its not as if his career was marred with scandal or anything (like Petrino etc)

Its not like Harbaugh has ever won anything.... I don't get how Miles is worse.

I don't get how he's that damaged I mean sure the unrealistic expectations of an SEC school may not come calling his way but I think he can get another decent gig. I really doubt he's going to get a low level coaching job its not as if his career was marred with scandal or anything (like Petrino etc)

Its not like Harbaugh has ever won anything.... I don't get how Miles is worse.
    He got fired. LSU's expectations are not any more unreasonable than any other top 10 program. He was on the hot seat for years there, for good reason. He couldn't put an offense on the field that was worth a ****, despite having 4-5 star guys all over the field.

He does deserve a decent gig as a second chance. He did a lot of things well and did win a national title. But Michigan isn't a "decent" job. It's one of the 10 best in college football. I said I think he will get a P5 job--with a few exceptions, those are "decent" gigs.

Harbaugh completely changed the atmosphere at Stanford. We're so used to them winning all the time, but they were like 1-11 the year before Harbaugh got there. They were awful and short on talent. Within three years he had them in BCS bowls and competing in the Pac-12. Then he goes to the NFL, where few college coaches succeed (sup Saban), and completely turned around the 49ers from a crap team to an instant contender. He took them to the Super Bowl and a couple NFC title games. The guy is one of the best coaches in the game, pro or college.

He got fired. LSU's expectations are not any more unreasonable than any other top 10 program. He was on the hot seat for years there, for good reason. He couldn't put an offense on the field that was worth a ****, despite having 4-5 star guys all over the field.

He does deserve a decent gig as a second chance. He did a lot of things well and did win a national title. But Michigan isn't a "decent" job. It's one of the 10 best in college football. I said I think he will get a P5 job--with a few exceptions, those are "decent" gigs.

Harbaugh completely changed the atmosphere at Stanford. We're so used to them winning all the time, but they were like 1-11 the year before Harbaugh got there. They were awful and short on talent. Within three years he had them in BCS bowls and competing in the Pac-12. Then he goes to the NFL, where few college coaches succeed (sup Saban), and completely turned around the 49ers from a crap team to an instant contender. He took them to the Super Bowl and a couple NFC title games. The guy is one of the best coaches in the game, pro or college.
    Still Harbaugh hasn't won anything either... so he and Miles aren't that different except that Harbaugh came into a situation where he appears as the savior.

Wait till Michigan actually expects a championship and he won't be able to deliver.

Still Harbaugh hasn't won anything either... so he and Miles aren't that different except that Harbaugh came into a situation where he appears as the savior.

Wait till Michigan actually expects a championship and he won't be able to deliver.
    It's the perception that matters. Michigan is competing for the CFP right now. They're in good shape as a program. LSU was on a stagnant or slightly downward trajectory. Michigan is going up.