Thread: Miami Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez dies at 24 in boating accident

Default Miami Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez dies at 24 in boating accident

This is so sad and he was expecting his first child.

Default Re: Miami Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez dies at 24 in boating accident

Damnit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Is he the most prolific active athlete to die since Thurmon Munson?

I was in Miami a month ago. Took a (commercial) speedboat tour with about 20-25 others. The tour would have gone very near where this happened. I can't imagine driving a boat around there at night. Few things in this world are as dangerous as nighttime boating.

I hate boats. One of my greatest fears is being on a small-ish boat at night and by that I mean any boat that isn't a cruise ship. Just don't like the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is he the most prolific active athlete to die since Thurmon Munson?

I was in Miami a month ago. Took a (commercial) speedboat tour with about 20-25 others. The tour would have gone very near where this happened. I can't imagine driving a boat around there at night. Few things in this world are as dangerous as nighttime boating.
    Probably depends on how you view Len Bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Probably depends on how you view Len Bias.
    Yeah, that one is so big because of the "what if" angle. Not only could he have been a superstar, but he would have been playing with Larry Bird and the Celtics.

Fernandez is probably the biggest proven commodity with a professional resume to die as an active player since Munson.

Huge Cubs fan here. There are not many players i'm fans of outside the Cubs. I like Trout, I like CaRgo, I like Papi and i really really liked Jose Fernandez. I think i began liking him 2 seasons ago when he tried to pick a fight with Junior Lake while Lake was at the plate and Jose was in the dugout not even pitching lol. Just felt like he was a total team guy and would fight dudes for his team and i love that.

I woke up Sunday morning and turned the TV on pretty hyped about Football and saw this news. I swear it felt like i got kicked in the nuts. I'm still stunned even know. This guy could have been one of the greatest of all time and that is not hyperbole.

No, Lynn Bias is the perfect comparison. Lynn Bias could have been one of the All-Time greats in the NBA. Everyones Top 10 liste would dramatically change if Bias had not died. Anyone who follows baseball religiously like I do, knows Fernandez would have been one of the All-Time great pitchers in the game of baseball.