Thread: Jrue Holiday out indefinitely as pregnant wife faces brain surgery

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Jrue Holiday out indefinitely as pregnant wife faces brain surgery

Horrible news. Some may know his wife is Lauren Holiday, a two time soccer gold medalist who was a member of the 2015 Women's World Cup champions. She's also local to Indianapolis, attending Ben Davis High School on the southwest side of Marion County.

(And apologies, I don't know how to show the article after the hyperlink).

http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.s...r_prayers.html
    Last edited by shags; 09-04-2016 at 10:06 PM.
    #DBAP

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Jrue Holiday out indefinitely as pregnant wife faces brain surgery

I worked with her mom a while back. Lauren came in after the 2012 Olympics and was super gracious and took time to talk to everyone. Hoping for the best.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Drew46229 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

My wife's sister died this week from a brain tumor. It's scary stuff. I wish them the best.
    Impossible Is Nothing

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Romsey31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My wife's sister died this week from a brain tumor. It's scary stuff. I wish them the best.
    My condolences. My cousin had one, but fortunately she made it through life threatening brain surgery.
    #DBAP

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Romsey31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Sorry for your loss.

Fortunately in Lauren's case its benign but its still brain surgery and she's 8 months pregnant to boot.

I wish them well.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/09/26/...anthony-davis/

Jrue Holiday’s wife gives birth to healthy daughter, according to Anthony Davis

Jrue Holiday took a leave of absence from the Pelicans to be with his wife, who was pregnant and had a brain tumor.

Good news: Lauren Holiday gave birth, according to Anthony Davis.

Davis, via Justin Verrier of ESPN:

“She had a baby girl, so she’s doing fine,” Davis said at the Pelicans’ media day. “Now it’s time to get Lauren back on track.”

The next step is Lauren Holiday undergoing surgery to remove her tumor, which was always slated to occur after she gave birth. Hopefully, that goes as smoothly.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Former United States women's national team midfielder Lauren Holiday underwent surgery Thursday to have a brain tumor removed.

BBC Newsbeat reported Friday she had surgery to remove the "benign growth" just a month after giving birth. Jeremy Brilliant of WTHR noted it was a "complicated procedure" to deal with the issue impacting the outer layer of the brain.

Holiday, who's married to New Orleans Pelicans point guard Jrue Holiday, received 133 caps for the senior national team before retiring after last year's World Cup triumph. She also helped the team win Olympic gold in 2008 and 2012.
    Matthew Glenesk of USA Today reported Lauren Holiday gave birth to a healthy baby girl last month.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ramming-league

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

gave birth with a brain tumor then had the tumor removed, all inside of a month. what a badass.

15. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/11/15/...licans-friday/

Jrue Holiday set to return to court for Pelicans Friday

After a rough 0-8 start to the season, the New Orleans Pelicans have won two of their last three and are starting to get on the track. Whether they can get back on the track they wanted — a playoff track — is another question.

This news will help: Jrue Holiday should be back on Friday.

We knew this was coming, and New Orleans GM Dell Demps confirmed it to John Reid of the Times-Picayune on Tuesday.

New Orleans Pelicans general manager Dell Demps announced on Tuesday that point guard Jrue Holiday will return to the team on Thursday and is expected to play Friday night against the Portland Trail Blazers.

Holiday has missed the entire season to be with his wife, Lauren, who underwent surgery to remove a benign brain tumor last month. In September, Lauren gave birth to a healthy six-pound, 4-ounce baby girl.

The good news that Holiday is returning is most importantly good news for his family — they are in a good enough position he can return to the time-consuming grind of his job.

Holiday will be on a minutes limit to start as he plays himself back into game shape. He reportedly has been working out through his time away, but nothing can prepare you for what it takes to play in a game.

Holiday brings the Pelicans a much-needed second shot creator and scoring option besides Anthony Davis. While Davis is averaging 30.7 points and 11.1 rebounds a game, one man can only do so much and he has had less help than other stars like Russell Westbrook or James Harden. Holiday brings assistance, and he allows Tim Frazier — who has started to come into his own as a point guard — to the bench to add depth.

The Pelicans also have Tyreke Evans, who is getting closer to returning.

Swingman Tyreke Evans could be returning to action soon after missing the first 11 games to recover from undergoing three surgeries on his right knee since last May. The Pelicans announced that Evans started on-court work on Tuesday, but there remains no set timetable when he may return.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

http://www.wthr.com/article/soccer-s...-brain-surgery

Soccer star and Hoosier native Lauren Holiday shares selfie after brain surgery

Soccer star and Hoosier native Lauren Holiday shares selfie after brain surgery

INDIANAPOLIS (WTHR) - For the first time in seven months, Lauren Holiday has shared a photo of herself following surgery to remove a benign brain tumor.

Holiday underwent the procedure in October, just weeks after giving birth to her daughter Jrue.

"I have been hiding myself from a camera for the past 7 months," she wrote.

"Today reminded me just how incredibly strong women are. The resilience of our bodies, the power of our minds, the ability to put other humans fully before ourselves, our compassionate hearts but most of all our undying love for our families, our friends and our precious babies," she added.

Holiday is a two-time gold medal winner on the U.S. women's soccer team. She is married to Jrue Holiday of the New Orleans Pelicans. He has been on a leave of absence from the Pelicans to be by his wife's side.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post: