Page 1 of 155 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Indianapolis Colts regular season thread - Here comes the pain!

Default 2016 Indianapolis Colts regular season thread - Here comes the pain!

This season will hurt. I can feel it in my bones. I'm just hoping Andrew Luck makes it out alive.

Default Re: 2016 Indianapolis Colts regular season thread - Here comes the pain!

If the Colts have to be bad for Grigson and Pagano to get the boot I can live with it. Although I do find it interesting that the most overlooked storyline in this week's matchup with the Lions is that Jim Caldwell returns to Indianapolis for the first time since he was shown the door.

" A,Β,..M,N,L,O,P,...F" Johanvil's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2016 Indianapolis Colts regular season thread - Here comes the pain!

I think very few care about that.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Jim was always good for a few laughs.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

now do one with Pagano about keep choppin wood and rolling balls of butcher knives and building monsters and an entire philosophy built on running/stopping the run while doing neither

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

" A,Β,..M,N,L,O,P,...F" Johanvil's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Always handy to remember that Irsay retained both Pagano and Grigson. BOTH!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Always handy to remember that Irsay retained both Pagano and Grigson. BOTH!!!!
    That fact actually gives me some hope the situation was salvageable and things will trend better this year. I don't think Irsay is an idiot and I do believe he wants a championship first and foremost. So since most of us thought bringing both Grigson and Pagano back would never happen, then there must've been more to the story than we realized from the outside looking in.

It could still be a miscalculation on Irsay's part, but the fact he ultimately retained them both tells me there were things happening that we just weren't considering or had any knowledge of. Irsay doesn't retain them both without good reason. He's not stupid and he wants to win.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

I'd much rather have an owner who wants to win than an apathetic one who won't spend money. And Irsay, being a former GM, has a better idea than most owners about how to make this possible. He may open his mouth too much, but he's got a good feel of this team. We'll see what happens.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Despite his sometimes ridiculousness, i'm really happy Irsay is our owner.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:

Colt's front office is denying reports that Luck has labrum fraying....pretty much guarantees Luck has an off season shoulder trannsplant

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2016/9/8...y-sunday-colts

Everything we've heard suggests that Andrew Luck will be playing Sunday, which is encouraging news. The concern comes from the question of whether this will be a long-term issue and whether it will affect him for the rest of the season, but we don't seem to be getting answers on that front (maybe because people aren't asking). Today's practice added more intrigue, as during the portion open to the media (which is only the individual drills at the beginning), Luck simply conducted handoffs while Scott Tolzien handled the throwing duties.

Will Carroll, a.k.a. "Injury Expert" on Twitter, mentioned this morning that Luck has "some labrum fraying" but that it's "not a major concern." Carroll noted that it's connected to Luck's shoulder issue last year but that doctors didn't think it required surgery, as he said that it's not a major concern if it's asymptomatic even though the labrum fraying doesn't heal on it's own.

In short, I think we can definitely expect Andrew Luck to play this Sunday against the Detroit Lions, and that doesn't seem to be in question at this point either. The bigger questions are whether this will impact his play and whether it will linger this year, and for that we don't have a ton of answers quite yet.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

56 straight games with out a 100 yard rusher. 9 years straight with out a 1000 yard rusher. This is getting historically bad.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    56 straight games with out a 100 yard rusher. 9 years straight with out a 1000 yard rusher. This is getting historically bad.
    If only we had a coach whose philosophy was to run the football...

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Bang! View Post
    Colt's front office is denying reports that Luck has labrum fraying....pretty much guarantees Luck has an off season shoulder trannsplant
    Yep, when they deny something, that usually means it is true.

Quote Originally Posted by clownskull View Post
    "Marvin Harrison could play this Sunday if it was the playoffs"

------

-John Wooden

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Chuck Pagano 2.0... The 2016 Version:
    http://www.indystar.com/story/sports...gano/90104148/

------

-John Wooden

I'm just going to be honest here. If it's a serious injury, sit him down this season. No way you have Luck out there playing hurt. Not behind this offensive line. Let him get the surgery he needs and be ready next season. Indianapolis has no shot at the AFC Championship game, let alone the Superbowl. Put him on the shelf.

We'll be able to tell how serious the injury is by Luck's throws. This isn't an injury you can hide.

How did we go from Mewhort being done for the season with teammates saying "we'll miss him" to starting in two weeks? Did he claim to have felt a pop that didn't happen?

27. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    We'll be able to tell how serious the injury is by Luck's throws. This isn't an injury you can hide.

How did we go from Mewhort being done for the season with teammates saying "we'll miss him" to starting in two weeks? Did he claim to have felt a pop that didn't happen?
    The physical test that trainers can do on the field is very accurate (one estimate has it at 95%). So they probably found that he did have a tear, and then the MRI the next day said the opposite.

The rumors that always come out the night that an athlete does this are always worded the same way: the club fears there is an ACL tear, etc. That's basically code for the physical exam showing a tear. The club always refuses to confirm those results because of this exact situation.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cubs231721 For This Useful Post:

There are different tests you can do to test for ACL injuries. The more common one is the Lachman test, which has a high specificity but low sensitivity, meaning it's better utility is for ruling out ACL tears. If it's negative, there's an incredibly low likelihood of ACL injury. If it's positive, there's a high possibility that there's an ACL tear but it's not near 100%, which is why MRI is important. In all likelihood Mewhort had a positive test but MRI ruled it out, so consider him lucky.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by clownskull View Post
    This reminds of 2011 with Manning's neck... this time there's no "surefire" NFL QB to replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This reminds of 2011 with Manning's neck... this time there's no "surefire" NFL QB to replace him.
    I think we're getting a little ahead of ourselves here. Luck played in the preseason and looked OK. Let's see how he looks tomorrow, and how he holds up. It'll be obvious if there's anything to worry about soon enough.

------

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post

Don't forget about Dallas Clark's knee injury which happened in season and had much the same trajectory. Concerns turned to catches rather quickly.
    Last edited by Bball; 09-10-2016 at 02:18 PM.

------

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Don't forget about Dwight Clark's knee injury which happened in season and had much the same trajectory. Concerns turned to catches rather quickly.
    Yes I remember watching clips of when he caught that ball from Joe Montana to win the NFC Championship rather iconic...

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Probably a 9/11 tribute I have coworkers who are going to be at the game I'll ask them what it is if we don't see it on TV.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post: