Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: College Football Thread 2016

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: College Football Thread 2016

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...against Purdue?
    I mean, on the road after the biggest win in a decade or more, young team that honestly no one even knows how good it is.

Sports Logo

Man, Michigan State lost to Illinois

Sports Logo

Brad Stevens to Oregon

Sports Logo

if Texas loses to Kansas Charlie Strong gonna get Kiffin'ed

Sports Logo

uh oh

Kelly has to be getting fired right?

Sports Logo

you gotta be kidding me with that Brian Kelly press conference. it's hard to imagine handling that worse.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    you gotta be kidding me with that Brian Kelly press conference. it's hard to imagine handling that worse.
    He's an exceedingly unlikeable human being.

Totally knew we would win the Big Ten East over OSU and Michigan....... what is life

College Football Playoff looks easy. If Clemson wins out, and Washington wins the Pac-12, then it's Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, and Washington, probably in that order.

Michigan needs some chaos to have a chance.
    #DBAP

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    College Football Playoff looks easy. If Clemson wins out, and Washington wins the Pac-12, then it's Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, and Washington, probably in that order.

Michigan needs some chaos to have a chance.
    Chaos can't even help Michigan. Bama's in win or lose. Ohio State is in. Say Clemson loses to Virginia Tech, Washington loses to a team that already beat them (USC) or Colorado if they win tonight. That's all the chaos that can happen. In that case, you have to think the winner of Wisconsin/Penn State is in over Michigan, and I seriously doubt the committee would put three B1G teams in the playoff.

Edit: I guess Clemson could lose to South Carolina tonight and Virginia Tech next week, that would knock them out. Probably need Colorado to lose tonight against Utah so they don't jump into the mix.
    Last edited by cdash; 11-26-2016 at 08:37 PM.

Chaos can't even help Michigan. Bama's in win or lose. Ohio State is in. Say Clemson loses to Virginia Tech, Washington loses to a team that already beat them (USC) or Colorado if they win tonight. That's all the chaos that can happen. In that case, you have to think the winner of Wisconsin/Penn State is in over Michigan, and I seriously doubt the committee would put three B1G teams in the playoff.
    Michigan 49, Penn State 10. Michigan 49, Penn State 10.

I don't know how you put a 2 loss Penn State team in over a 2 loss Michigan team with that result on the field, regardless of whether they won the conference. Why play the games then?

Michigan beat Wisconsin too, albeit only by a touchdown. You can argue Wisconsin more than you can Penn State.

And it's possible a 2 loss Michigan team has a better resume, especially top wins, than a 2 loss Clemson or a 2 loss Washington (especially Washington).
    #DBAP

Michigan 49, Penn State 10. Michigan 49, Penn State 10.

I don't know how you put a 2 loss Penn State team in over a 2 loss Michigan team with that result on the field, regardless of whether they won the conference. Why play the games then?

Michigan beat Wisconsin too, albeit only by a touchdown. You can argue Wisconsin more than you can Penn State.

And it's possible a 2 loss Michigan team has a better resume, especially top wins, than a 2 loss Clemson or a 2 loss Washington (especially Washington).
    Michigan would be 10-2 and Penn State would be 11-2. Michigan has lost two of their last three. Penn State would have won nine straight. They beat the team that beat you. They win the division. They win the conference. I think Michigan is better but no way in **** they get in over an 11-2 conference champion from their own freaking conference.

Michigan would be 10-2 and Penn State would be 11-2. Michigan has lost two of their last three. Penn State would have won nine straight. They beat the team that beat you. They win the division. They win the conference. I think Michigan is better but no way in **** they get in over an 11-2 conference champion from their own freaking conference.
    Michigan 49, Penn State 10. Why play the games?

Michigan 49, Penn State 10. Penn State went on the road and showed they couldn't compete with one of the best teams in the country. That's a terrible loss.

Michigan 49, Penn State 10. Are we saying then that September games don't matter?

Michigan 49, Penn State 10. Since we're saying that September games don't matter, do USC's 3 losses count?

Michigan 49, Penn State 10. I wonder why people think Penn State won that game.
    #DBAP

Michigan 49, Penn State 10. Why play the games?
    Because you choke against teams like Iowa when you control your own destiny.

Michigan 49, Penn State 10. Penn State went on the road and showed they couldn't compete with one of the best teams in the country. That's a terrible loss.
    Yes, it was a terrible loss.

Michigan 49, Penn State 10. Are we saying then that September games don't matter?
    Nope, they matter.

Michigan 49, Penn State 10. Since we're saying that September games don't matter, do USC's 3 losses count?
    Nobody ever said they didn't matter, except your needless drama. Yes, USC's 3 losses still count and that's why they're out, despite being that team "nobody wants to play" right now.

Michigan 49, Penn State 10. I wonder why people think Penn State won that game.
    They know you won. They just don't weigh one result as the end all be all.

Whatever team gets the 4th seed is going to get slaughtered by Alabama anyway. I'll probably enjoy watching Michigan play in the Rose Bowl or Orange Bowl more.
    #DBAP

The same team that went to Ann Arbor is not the same team playing today. Same thing could be said about Michigan as well. You guys stumbled through the last weeks of the season. As soon as the LBs got healthy, PSU's defense became something else. PSU beat OSU. PSU destroyed Iowa. You said it. Why play the gameS? One game does not beat out the last 9.

My guess is that it will be Bama, OSU, Clemson, Washington. Wisconsin and PSU will be 5 and 6. Then there will be Michigan. You just can't lose two of your last three and not fall below because what you did months ago. Michigan will jump whoever loses the Big Ten champ game.

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    The same team that went to Ann Arbor is not the same team playing today. Same thing could be said about Michigan as well. You guys stumbled through the last weeks of the season. As soon as the LBs got healthy, PSU's defense became something else. PSU beat OSU. PSU destroyed Iowa. You said it. Why play the gameS? One game does not beat out the last 9.

My guess is that it will be Bama, OSU, Clemson, Washington. Wisconsin and PSU will be 5 and 6. Then there will be Michigan. You just can't lose two of your last three and not fall below because what you did months ago. Michigan will jump whoever loses the Big Ten champ game.
    I think Michigan will be 5 come Tuesday. They have a better resume, right now, than both Wisconsin and Penn State. It's probable that whoever wins the Big Ten championship game will jump Michigan. Oklahoma might too if they beat Oklahoma State to win the Big 12.

But it's all a moot point if Washington and Clemson win their conference title games.
    #DBAP

I'd love to see the CFP committee try to justify putting 2 teams in the CFP over UM that Michigan beat down if PSU and Colorado win...

It would be worth it just for the hilarity.

49-10. There is no comeback for that, no nullification for that, nothing at all to respond to that with. Michigan could have won that game 79-10 if they hadn't called off the dogs. Penn State is a tomato can. They have no business in the playoff. None.

The goal isn't to put 4 conference champs into a playoff, the goal is to send the 4 best teams. No one outside of the state of Pennsylvania honestly believes Penn state is one of the 4 best teams in the country. They got hilariously lucky against OSU similar to how MSU did in 2015, and the committee shouldn't make the same mistake 2 years in a row. No one wants to see Penn State get shellacked 38-0 in a playoff they don't belong in.
    Last edited by Kstat; 11-27-2016 at 01:06 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

I've never seen someone confuse their own opinion with fact as often as Kstat. Never change.

49-10 isn't an opinion.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    49-10 isn't an opinion.
    Well, wrap it up boys! Discussion over!

I can't wait until Wisconsin wins that game and to see you posting "14-7 isn't an opinion".

I don't think Wiscy belongs there either. They really haven't beaten anyone of significance. But at least I can argue they played consistently good enough football to be argued for without breaking down in laughter. And I can see them not getting destroyed by 40 in a playoff game.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Look, I agree with you guys that Michigan is one of the four best teams in the country. I think they would be favored over every team not named Alabama on a neutral site (Ohio State would probably be a very small favorite, but it would be close). I just don't think they will be in the playoff.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Look, I agree with you guys that Michigan is one of the four best teams in the country. I think they would be favored over every team not named Alabama on a neutral site (Ohio State would probably be a very small favorite, but it would be close). I just don't think they will be in the playoff.
    I don't think they will be either, and I think that's wrong. But I think it would be more wrong to put penn state in. I don't want to see another spot wasted on an uncompetitive team.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post: