Thread: Welcome to Anthony Castonzo’s Hater-Free Life

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Welcome to Anthony Castonzo’s Hater-Free Life

Star Colts offensive tackle Anthony Castonzo blocks everyone: defensive linemen, linebackers, and Nate Bryant, a 28-year-old system administrator who once called Indy’s offensive line pathetic.

“He got beat time after time,” Bryant says now when explaining the tweet he sent after a 2013 Dolphins–Colts matchup, adding he never thought the comment would get him blocked. “I felt like it was me being obvious when I tweeted.”

It’s cliché for athletes to say that they try to tune out critical comments. In this era of connectivity, it’s also virtually impossible — unless you’re Castonzo, who rearranged his life for the sole purpose of never hearing negative opinions about his play. Castonzo speculates that there’s now just one way for someone other than a coach to tell him how he or she feels about the Colts or their left tackle: mail a letter to Castonzo’s house.

https://theringer.com/colts-lineman-...97e#.p86uyi1zf
    I am sure he will get bashed for being thin skinned, but fans typically are insane when things go wrong. The hate they spew with annoniminty can be downright disgusting. So I do not really blame him for doing this.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to thewholefnshow31 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Welcome to Anthony Castonzo’s Hater-Free Life

I do not blame any athlete who wants to isolate themselves from raving fans.