Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: Purdue Athletics 2016-17

Default Re: Purdue Athletics 2016-17

Really happy Vince is coming back. I hope Biggie decides to give it one more year! Not counting on it.

Sports Logo

Dakich says Biggie's back, we'll see

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Dakich also said Alford was a done deal to coach IU.

Getting Biggie back would be the equal to an 8 wins season for Purdue Football. I could stomach another year of terrible football knowing Biggie is back.

Sports Logo

He gone. Dakich with impeccable sources.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Sports Logo

looking back it's pretty obvious, but still surprising Biggie's our first guy to leave early since Big Dog. that's 23 years man. not one and done or anything, just leaving before exhausting their eligibility period.

anyway, Rosie Barnes told The Exponent it really was a 50/50 decision [sounds good, who knows] but basically when it's time to go you gotta go. he's still gonna take summer classes. also glad, from everything I've seen anyway, complete unanimous support from all the fans about the decision. I'm just incredibly happy for the guy.

also, selfishly, gonna be nice to have another Boilermaker to root for that's actually gonna play and have an NBA career besides Smooge.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    from everything I've seen anyway, complete unanimous support from all the fans about the decision. I'm just incredibly happy for the guy.
    You haven't check the Gold & Black forums (and I don't recommend you do.) Can't believe how many people are bemoaning this horrible decision. I really feel bad for Caleb, he's going to be going up against top flight competition every day, doing what he enjoys and is good at, receiving elite coaching and training and getting paid handsomely to do it. I feel as I should start a GoFundMe for him to help him out.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dab For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dab View Post
    You haven't check the Gold & Black forums
    not in years. honestly PD has the most like minded Purdue fans for me (we're few and we're proud!). sounds like the Rivals board is still a shitshow and the SB Nation blog is definitely the most active but is full of "yeah but they get a free education!" guys.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Dab

Sports Logo

2014 class was PJ, Vince, Isaac, Dakota, and Jacquil Gonna Show Us Something Eventually Taylor. that's a pretty damn good class man, probably Painter's best since the Baby Boilers.

Jack Owens offered Isaiah Thompson (PJ's little brother at Zionsville) btw. he's really good, love me some PJ but his little bro's just flat out better, gonna be a high major team cornerstone. figure the offer's gonna come regardless but somewhat contingent on how they feel about Phinisee, only a year apart and they're both 1s through and through that're gonna play immediately and we'll still have Carsen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dab View Post
    You haven't check the Gold & Black forums (and I don't recommend you do.) Can't believe how many people are bemoaning this horrible decision. I really feel bad for Caleb, he's going to be going up against top flight competition every day, doing what he enjoys and is good at, receiving elite coaching and training and getting paid handsomely to do it. I feel as I should start a GoFundMe for him to help him out.
    ya dont understand why he's getting **** on. It's not even close to a terrible decision. He's gonna be hard pressed to put together a year like he did last season. And he's in amazing shape. His stock is probably as high as it will ever be. Too bad for Boiler fans cause we're probably a top 5 or 10 team if he came back.