Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 40808687888990
Results 2,226 to 2,241 of 2241

Thread: Indiana Hoosier Athletics 2016-2017

Default Re: Indiana Hoosier Athletics 2016-2017

College Gameday is coming to IU for IU-OSU!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    College Gameday is coming to IU for IU-OSU!
    We did it, Hoosiers!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

BTN's doing the rounds at all the practices and IU was up first. there's 6 or 7 videos so I'll just link to their channel instead of posting em all.

https://www.youtube.com/user/bigtennetwork/videos

Aaron Henry cut his list to five and IU isn't on it. The commitments of Jerome Hunter and Damezi Anderson scared him off. Understandable, but unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    Aaron Henry cut his list to five and IU isn't on it. The commitments of Jerome Hunter and Damezi Anderson scared him off. Understandable, but unfortunate.
    I'm in the minority on this one, but I'd rather have Henry than Damezi. Happy with either of them, but I really like Henry.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

I would rather have Henry roo. The kid is a bulldog that will do the dirty work to help his team win games. But IU was put in a tough spot. It would have looked bad for them to tell a kid to whom they had offered a scholarship that they would not accept his commitment because they were waiting for someone else. Anderson at least provides outside shooting which we desperately need.

We made the final 6 for Luguentz Dort and final 11 (yay?) for Darius Day, both good 2018 prospects. Jake Forrester, a 2018 forward, will be taking an official visit to IU soon. He is rated in the 150s. The chatter surrounding Phinisee committing gets more and more positive. He is in the top 100 composite rankings, so another 4 star. A class of Thompson, Hunter, Anderson. Phinisee, and Forrester would be good but not great. It lacks star power. Add in Langford and now we're talking.

I am guessing we will have some attrition after 2018 with Morgan possibly graduating early (which would suck) and a couple of players transferring so there would be room for 3-4 2019 recruits. We are going after some big fish in that class.
    Last edited by hoosierguy; 08-09-2017 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    We made the final 6 for Luguentz Dort and final 11 (yay?) for Darius Day, both good 2018 prospects. Jake Forrester, a 2018 forward, will be taking an official visit to IU soon. He is rated in the 150s. The chatter surrounding Phinisee committing gets more and more positive. He is in the top 100 composite rankings, so another 4 star. A class of Thompson, Hunter, Anderson. Phinisee, and Forrester would be good but not great. It lacks star power. Add in Langdord and now we're talking.

I am guessing we will have some attrition after 2018 with Morgan possibly graduating early (which would suck) and a couple of players transferring so there would be room for 3-4 2019 recruits. We are going after some big fish in that class.
    It seems like it's being downplayed quite a bit, but I think landing Romeo is crucial for us at this point in time. We don't have any sure fire NBA talent on our roster, and no offense to Race/Jerome/Damezi/Phinisee (if he comes onboard) but those guys aren't really that type of player either. Nice for depth and multiple years of production, but we need guys like Romeo.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    It seems like it's being downplayed quite a bit, but I think landing Romeo is crucial for us at this point in time. We don't have any sure fire NBA talent on our roster, and no offense to Race/Jerome/Damezi/Phinisee (if he comes onboard) but those guys aren't really that type of player either. Nice for depth and multiple years of production, but we need guys like Romeo.
    I hear what you're saying, and getting Romeo would be nice on any number of levels. But I don't think it's crucial. If Archie is the coach most of us believe him to be, tangible results will happen with or without Romeo. There will be high caliber players to come sooner rather than later, with or without Romeo IMO.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I hear what you're saying, and getting Romeo would be nice on any number of levels. But I don't think it's crucial. If Archie is the coach most of us believe him to be, tangible results will happen with or without Romeo. There will be high caliber players to come sooner rather than later, with or without Romeo IMO.
    All this talk of "inside out" recruiting and getting us to back to this elite level and all that, I just think Romeo is a big catalyst to get the ball moving for all that. Much like Cody Zeller.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Romeo is arguably bigger than Cody IMO. Cody always felt like an IU lean to me. Romeo has never really felt that way to me and would show that Archie actively was able to change his mind.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Romeo is arguably bigger than Cody IMO. Cody always felt like an IU lean to me. Romeo has never really felt that way to me and would show that Archie actively was able to change his mind.
    Plus it feels like Romeo could be big time in the NBA. Cody will always be a solid NBA player who was taken high in one of the worst drafts of all time.

Langford is a must get unless Archie pulls in another highly ranked recruit. With Morgan possibly leaving after next season in addition to the five graduating seniors we could be very reliant on freshmen in 2018. If that is the case, we absolutely need a game changer in that class. I think Romeo will give IU a fair shot. We still have three open slots on the roster for 2018 so the recruiting class is far from finished.

One of the (few) complaints Dayton fans had about Archie was his recruiting so that may be something to keep an eye on. His brother Sean is one of the top recruiters in the country but he seems to be more outgoing and talkative. I guess it is easier to recruit to Tuscon and there is less competition for recruits in the area. A bunch of schools recruit Indiana hard that have had more recent success than IU which makes it difficult.

I believe we will hit the jackpot with 2019 instate recruits though. Trayce Jackson-Davis and Keion Brooks really like IU and Schilling coached Brooks' dad in college so we have an advantage there.
    Last edited by hoosierguy; 08-09-2017 at 03:12 PM.

Wait why would Morgan possibly leave after next season?

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Wait why would Morgan possibly leave after next season?
    He is in position to graduate after three years and if he has a break-out season he may go pro. If that happens it means IU would likely have had a good year so I suppose it could be a positive assuming his replacement is an elite prospect.

Morgan and Davis are guys who should thrive in Archie's system.

If you are in Indy on December 9th, this is a must see:

http://www.hoosiersportsreport.com/2...ipoff-classic/

The Forum Tipoff Classic is an annual event held at Southport High School (close to where I used to live) featuring teams and players of local interest. This year should be one of the best ever. All of the top instate prospects for 2018 and 2019 will be there- Damezi Anderson, Robert Phinissee, Trayce Jackson-Davis, Romeo Langford, and Keion Brooks. Jerome Hunter's team from Ohio is playing as well. It is an IU fan's heaven.

And it only costs $10! Better get there early to snag a ticket though.
    Last edited by hoosierguy; 08-10-2017 at 10:28 PM.