Page 1 of 87 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Hoosier Athletics 2016-2017

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Indiana Hoosier Athletics 2016-2017

We're a month away from college football starting, so it's about time to make a new thread.

The Coach's Preseason Poll came out today and IU football received 1 vote. Lots of love for Dan Feeny as a preseason All-American too.

Sports Logo

Default Re: Indiana Hoosier Athletics 2016-2017

college football doesn't exist

We still have yet to decide on a starting QB.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We still have yet to decide on a starting QB.
    I think it's Lagow.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I think it's Lagow.
    Hopefully is. If it's Zander, I will have very little faith in our passing game.

If Lagow is any good, it really shouldn't be a tough decision. This concerns me because awhile back I read somewhere that Lagow was sucking pretty bad in the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    If Lagow is any good, it really shouldn't be a tough decision. This concerns me because awhile back I read somewhere that Lagow was sucking pretty bad in the spring.
    I also heard he was pretty bad starting out, but I was told he turned it around as it went along so who knows. Wilson also said Zander had his best summer since he's been here.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    I also heard he was pretty bad starting out, but I was told he turned it around as it went along so who knows. Wilson also said Zander had his best summer since he's been here.
    Why am I envisioning another season of indecision from Wilson?

Some positive football news: Camion Patrick (RB/WR) who Wilson described as the best player on the team last year, tore his ACL in April. Shockingly, apparently they think he could be good to go by the time the B1G season gets here. Had to have been a partial tear or something and that's still an extremely quick recovery.

BTN guys came to practice the other day, had some nice things to say about the defense and said they thought Zander's arm looked noticeably stronger from the past couple years. Also said our skill position players were up there with the best which isn't very surprising to me.

Wilson named Richard Lagow the starter, not surprising.

So, who's expecting to lose to Florida International Thursday night? On the road, with a new QB, against a team that gave us a scare in Bloomington last year.

I always check various IU message boards in August to see all the irrationally optimistic football predictions, and as usual, they didn't disappoint. Some people seriously think we have a shot at winning 9 or 10 games. There should be some sort of case study on why fans of arguably the worst football program in the country can possibly think so highly of what that program annually puts on the field. And no matter how many times we throw away games or fail to take advantage of an opportunity, they'll just keep thinking that way.

So, who's expecting to lose to Florida International Thursday night? On the road, with a new QB, against a team that gave us a scare in Bloomington last year.

I always check various IU message boards in August to see all the irrationally optimistic football predictions, and as usual, they didn't disappoint. Some people seriously think we have a shot at winning 9 or 10 games. There should be some sort of case study on why fans of arguably the worst football program in the country can possibly think so highly of what that program annually puts on the field. And no matter how many times we throw away games or fail to take advantage of an opportunity, they'll just keep thinking that way.
    I mean it is Indiana football so anything is possible, but I expect us to beat FIU. As for the season's expectations, I can see a maximum of 8 wins. Realistically, I think we probably hit 6 and go bowling again.

Well, I mean I think you could make an argument last year's team should have won 8 games or so. I don't think it's bad our fans are optimistic, in-fact it'd be a whole lot worse if they weren't optimistic. I don't really see the need to come talk everyone down because we have faith in the program during the off-season, when just about every team's fan base is optimistic at that point but whatever floats your boat I guess.

As for the team I could see us winning 8 games or so if we have a great season and can pull of an upset or two (MSU/Penn State at home comes to mind). Especially if we get a healthy Camion Patrick back who Wilson described as the best player on the team, a team with Jordan Howard at the same position.

That's a little odd...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Most interesting pay to play deal for Week 1 in college football: FIU paying Indiana $200,000.
    Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) August 31, 2016

That's a little odd...
    guess IU paid them a lot more last year, ADs wink winking nudging budgets around. and if IU and FIU can shift around a million plus in combined money, #PayThePlayers.

It's game day!

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    guess IU paid them a lot more last year, ADs wink winking nudging budgets around. and if IU and FIU can shift around a million plus in combined money, #PayThePlayers.
    Pay the players, bring back NCAA Football video games.

Simmie Cobbs, Ralph Green, and Chase Dutra suspended among others... What the hell.

Divine Redding is going to lead the B1G in rushing. There's my bold prediction for the year.

Haven't seen a whole lot of Lagow, but knee jerk reaction is that he has a big arm, but his accuracy has been off so far.

Defense has been fine so far. Good pressure. Helmets are ****ing stupid. I don't really understand why the hell we feel the need to incorporate silver into our uniform set, especially when paired with white.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

The offense took awhile to get going, but the defense was the best I've seen out of IU in a long, long time. Tackling looked better, they swarmed the ball, made plays. Nothing to complain about with the defense. Lagow settled down late, but it's pretty clear he's no Nate Sudfeld. The offense will be fine, and if the defense can even play kinda sorta like that, we might have a pretty good season. Should be mentioned the FIU sucks.

Oh, and our two pick-6s tonight was the first time an IU defense has done that since 1966.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

I'll keep talking to myself because why not?

We have Ball State next week at home, then our week 4 opponent (yayyy for week 3 off) is Wake Forest at home. Wake sucks. They beat Tulane 7-3 at home tonight. We have a good shot at 3-0 when Sparty comes to town. Then it's back to reality.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Oh, and our two pick-6s tonight was the first time an IU defense has done that since 1966.
    Do not underestimate a Tom Allen defense. If IU can hold onto him, that will just give Wilson more to work with. Don't expect miracles this year, but you give him enough time, that defense will be scary.

Speaking of which, http://www.news-sentinel.com/sports/...any-could-not-
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "