Page 64 of 86 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 2133

Thread: Indiana Hoosier Athletics 2016-2017

  1. #1576
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    29
    Posts
    38,955

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana Hoosier Athletics 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well aware of that.
    Dunno how he gets you excited then. To me he's pretty much the definition of a lateral move. I'll support him or whoever else but to me that's pretty much saying we're fine with Crean's success rate we just need a former alumni so the fans will chill.



  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  3. #1577
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    5,992

    Default Re: Indiana Hoosier Athletics 2016-2017

    Only person I want more than Alford is Donovan. Don't see that happening.

  4. #1578

    Default Re: Indiana Hoosier Athletics 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes. I thought the comment about HSers was odd.
    I thought it tied into Alford too. Alford has the 13th best player in HS coming in next season for UCLA. The kid played for North Central. Last i checked ( and this may have changed ), Creans recruiting class next season was not even projected in the top 50.

  5. #1579
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    29
    Posts
    38,955

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana Hoosier Athletics 2016-2017

    I always thought we'd have a specific dude in mind with a deal basically agreed to before we got rid of Crean. I still kind of think that.



  6. #1580
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,400

    Default Re: Indiana Hoosier Athletics 2016-2017

    He did confirm what I've been saying... the buyout had ceased being an issue. It's mitigated by Crean's potential new job and it's possible for that reason IU will owe zero dollars for it. Also, it's not a lump sum payout so it's paid out over 4 years (IIRC the year number).

    IMHO Crean would've been better off to have sought another job and a negotiated buyout and a mutual separation. Now he's a fired coach... fired for performance reasons. Neither side won in that scenario since it potentially harms Crean's market value. But IU won in the sense that Crean is gone which is ultimately a big win.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  8. #1581
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,400

    Default Re: Indiana Hoosier Athletics 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Money isn't an obstacle is basically what Glass said, I'll believe that when I see it.
    Fixed for clarity...
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  9. #1582

    Default Re: Indiana Hoosier Athletics 2016-2017

    Everyone is going to like the Alford hire when he wins the tournament this year!

  10. #1583
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    31
    Posts
    30,652

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana Hoosier Athletics 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Everyone is going to like the Alford hire when he wins the tournament this year!
    If nothing else, it gives Alford an excuse for another disappointing early round loss when UCLA gets upset in the next four days. "Distractions"

  11. #1584
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    5,992

    Default Re: Indiana Hoosier Athletics 2016-2017

    If IU hires Alford, what are the chances he can convince the Ball brothers to come with him? I really doubt it. That would be a reason to stay at UCLA.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:


  13. #1585
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    31
    Posts
    30,652

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana Hoosier Athletics 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If IU hires Alford, what are the chances he can convince the Ball brothers to come with him? I really doubt it. That would be a reason to stay at UCLA.
    Negative zero.

    Kris Wilkes might swing though.

  14. #1586
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    29
    Posts
    38,955

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana Hoosier Athletics 2016-2017

    I think Crean was probably in on the Mizzou job chase and lost out.



  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  16. #1587

    Default Re: Indiana Hoosier Athletics 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If IU hires Alford, what are the chances he can convince the Ball brothers to come with him? I really doubt it. That would be a reason to stay at UCLA.
    The other two Ball brothers suck anyhow.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:


  18. #1588
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    29
    Posts
    38,955

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana Hoosier Athletics 2016-2017

    Not to be a jerk, but if Glass talks this big game about a proven winner and money, etc, etc and then goes and hires Gregg Marshall or Archie Miller, I'm going to **** a brick.



  19. #1589
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    31
    Posts
    30,652

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana Hoosier Athletics 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not to be a jerk, but if Glass talks this big game about a proven winner and money, etc, etc and then goes and hires Gregg Marshall or Archie Miller, I'm going to **** a brick.
    Alford would be more egregious, but what's wrong with Marshall or Archie Miller? Marshall has been to a Final Four, had a freaking undefeated team going into the tournament, just consistently wins at freaking Wichita State.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  21. #1590
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    29
    Posts
    38,955

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana Hoosier Athletics 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Alford would be more egregious, but what's wrong with Marshall or Archie Miller? Marshall has been to a Final Four, had a freaking undefeated team going into the tournament, just consistently wins at freaking Wichita State.
    Marshall would be better than Archie. I'm just saying if we're going to actually throw this kind of money around, we should be able to walk away with a pretty good name.



  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  23. #1591
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    31
    Posts
    30,652

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana Hoosier Athletics 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Marshall would be better than Archie. I'm just saying if we're going to actually throw this kind of money around, we should be able to walk away with a pretty good name.
    Fair. Who (realistically) do you have in mind?

  24. #1592
    Member sam kaiserblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    133

    Default Re: Indiana Hoosier Athletics 2016-2017

    Greg Marshall is 54 years old....

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to sam kaiserblade For This Useful Post:


  26. #1593
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    31
    Posts
    30,652

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana Hoosier Athletics 2016-2017

    I know it's a 0% chance of happening, but I wonder if IU just goes to Stevens and says, "Look, we'll give you $10 million/year to come here. A budget as big as you want for assistant coaches. You can stay with Boston through the playoffs, whatever you need to do." Again, let me be clear that I think Stevens quickly says "thanks, but no thanks", but I wonder if they're willing to be that aggressive.

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  28. #1594
    #Biggie4NPOY Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    22,970

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana Hoosier Athletics 2016-2017

    I think Marshall is a great coach who'd be a flat out awful personality fit

    Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

  29. #1595
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    31
    Posts
    30,652

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana Hoosier Athletics 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by sam kaiserblade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Greg Marshall is 54 years old....
    Not sure I understand your point?

  30. #1596
    13/31 Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    51,082

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana Hoosier Athletics 2016-2017

    The nightmare is finally over.

    (Please not Alford.)
    2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS & 2010 AFC CHAMPIONS

    1940, 1953, 1976, 1981, & 1987 NCAA CHAMPIONS & 2002 NCAA FINALISTS
    1970, 1972, & 1973 ABA CHAMPIONS & 2000 NBA EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  32. #1597

    Default Re: Indiana Hoosier Athletics 2016-2017

    no mention of Mike Brey?

  33. #1598
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    31
    Posts
    30,652

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana Hoosier Athletics 2016-2017

    Just had a good chat with Wichita State's Gregg Marshall here in Indy. He thinks the Shockers could be top 10 next season. I'm not saying he wouldn't listen to any of these openings, but don't mess with happy is a saying he believes in. My opinion: Would have to be a can't miss for him to leave. Wichita State wants to be like Gonzaga and Butler where the Shockers can get neutral site games against high major schools or home and home series outside of the region.

    Andy Katz, ESPN Senior Writer
    The thing that kind of hurts Wichita is the Missouri Valley. Since Creighton bailed, the league is extremely watered down. I mean Wichita went 30-4 and 17-1 in conference and only got a 10 seed.

  34. #1599
    13/31 Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    51,082

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana Hoosier Athletics 2016-2017

    2017:

    Colts hire new GM
    IU hires new coach
    Pacers ?????
    2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS & 2010 AFC CHAMPIONS

    1940, 1953, 1976, 1981, & 1987 NCAA CHAMPIONS & 2002 NCAA FINALISTS
    1970, 1972, & 1973 ABA CHAMPIONS & 2000 NBA EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS

  35. #1600
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    29
    Posts
    38,955

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana Hoosier Athletics 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know it's a 0% chance of happening, but I wonder if IU just goes to Stevens and says, "Look, we'll give you $10 million/year to come here. A budget as big as you want for assistant coaches. You can stay with Boston through the playoffs, whatever you need to do." Again, let me be clear that I think Stevens quickly says "thanks, but no thanks", but I wonder if they're willing to be that aggressive.
    I mean if you're serious about it, you have to make the call.

    Here's the list:

    Brad
    Billy
    Sean M.
    Mark Few

    If you're putting on your big boy pants and paying Kentucky type money, those are your first 4 calls I'd have to think.



  36. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •