Thread: split topic

Default Re: Detroit wants the Pacers

Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow, Detroit would rather play the team at 50% health with very little roster continuity than the team with no injury problems whatsoever? They sure are brave.

Isn't that about the equivalent of demanding to take on the top sprinter from the Special Olympics instead of the guy who finished 5th at Athens?
    Way to take a compliment as a put down.

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    Way to take a compliment as a put down.
    It's an underhanded compliment at best. The writer assumes the Pistons will beat either team, it's just a matter that the Pacers might be a little tougher than Boston.

Yes, the Detroit papers and the Piston franchise have really done a lot to make assume any of that was an attempt at a "compliment".

They're just hoping they get to end the Pacers season twice this year, that's all.
    Did you read the article? It was 100% about how Boston would be an easier match-up for the Pistons but they still want to play the Pacers. Aside from what that says about the Pistons players, it says they respect the Pacers and think they are a better team then the Celtics (something many of your own fans didn't believe after game 1). That is a compliment.

Your statement, that they just want to end your team's season twice, is completely uncorroborated opinion.

Yes, the Detroit papers and the Piston franchise have really done a lot to make assume any of that was an attempt at a "compliment".

They're just hoping they get to end the Pacers season twice this year, that's all.
    That pretty much sums it up. Teehee

And we really need to stop looking past tonight's game.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

No, I didn't read the article.

In fact, I'm illiterate. Can't read or speak any English whatsoever.

Even beyond that, I have no idea what sarcasm is. Nope. Not a clue. It's beyond me why I would suddenly have the urge to type all these crazy characters in the form of a couple sentences, and then intend for them to be taken lightly.

I'll try to end every post from now on with a disclaimer, indicating on a scale of 1 to 10 how serious my post is to be taken. My fault. I'll endevour to be more careful in the future.

Whereas everything you've ever posted is totally substantiated fact. I didn't realize that opinions were no longer welcome on message boards.

Btown scale: 3
    Please. There is nothing in your original post to indicate its sarcasm which is evident by the fact that others (not just me) took it seriously. And yes, please take my statements as hard and fast rules of message board regulations. Also, please note that being overly sarcastic in your following posts does not add sarcasm into your first post.

Lasty, please use scientific notation for your scale.

Reggie4Three,

The Pistons are the favorite in either matchup so not assuming that they could beat either team would be disingenuous and so stating that they should in fact beat either team does not make it an underhanded compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    Please. There is nothing in your original post to indicate its sarcasm which is evident by the fact that others (not just me) took it seriously. And yes, please take my statements as hard and fast rules of message board regulations. Also, please note that being overly sarcastic in your following posts does not add sarcasm into your first post.

Lasty, please use scientific notation for your scale.

Reggie4Three,

The Pistons are the favorite in either matchup so not assuming that they could beat either team would be disingenuous and so stating that they should in fact beat either team does not make it an underhanded compliment.
    Fool, as you have 653 posts and I am sure you have read most or all of Btowncolt's posts, when have you seen him post without some sarcasm ?? It is his signature !! That is why he is revered on this board.

My God !! Did I just type that. I need another drink.

I would rather be the hammer than the nail