Thread: Pels-Pacers

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Pels-Pacers

Sticking with CableKC's idea that we are bored. I am going to throw another trade at the wall and see if it sticks.

Pacers send CJ Miles and our 2nd round (50th overall) pick to Pels.

Pels send Alexis Ajinca and their 2nd round draft pick (#38 overall) to the Pacers.

Pels need a SF, Miles can fill that role. In fact Miles has started at 3 different positions in his NBA career and even played as a back up PG as a rookie. He has a lot of flexibility and a salary of only $4.5 million. Granted he is better coming off the bench , but we are trading for a bench player.

Pacers get a back up Center which fills one of our needs. Ajinca can spread the floor offensively, is a good defensive rebounder and good shot blocker. His salary is about $5 million, so we would be taking on a little more in salary.

We can then focus on finding a starting PF and back up PF in the draft and Free Agency.

This move also frees up playing time for GRIII as the back up SF. He should be getting 12-13 mpg in that role.

Default Re: Pels-Pacers

I really have no interest in Ajinca. I'd swap picks with them though and maybe throw in cash considerations.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really have no interest in Ajinca. I'd swap picks with them though and maybe throw in cash considerations.
    We need to find a back up Center somewhere. Mahinmi has played himself out of our price range.

Quote Originally Posted by sav View Post
    We need to find a back up Center somewhere. Mahinmi has played himself out of our price range.
    Just bring Jordan Hill back. Or you could get a stretch 4 and play them at the 5.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:

sav

Sports Logo

Sticking with CableKC's idea that we are bored. I am going to throw another trade at the wall and see if it sticks.

Pacers send CJ Miles and our 2nd round (50th overall) pick to Pels.

Pels send Alexis Ajinca and their 2nd round draft pick (#38 overall) to the Pacers.

Pels need a SF, Miles can fill that role. In fact Miles has started at 3 different positions in his NBA career and even played as a back up PG as a rookie. He has a lot of flexibility and a salary of only $4.5 million. Granted he is better coming off the bench , but we are trading for a bench player.

Pacers get a back up Center which fills one of our needs. Ajinca can spread the floor offensively, is a good defensive rebounder and good shot blocker. His salary is about $5 million, so we would be taking on a little more in salary.

We can then focus on finding a starting PF and back up PF in the draft and Free Agency.

This move also frees up playing time for GRIII as the back up SF. He should be getting 12-13 mpg in that role.
    I'd pass on Ajinca due to his contract. He's owed $4.5 to 5+ mil a year ( guaranteed ) for the next 3 seasons.

One of the main reasons why I want to move CJ ( besides his poor shot selection and streakiness ) is that he's dead weight on the roster ( as far as I am concerned ). Ajinca would make that worse by adding guaranteed Salary for the next 3 seasons. At least with CJ, there's the hope that he will opt out after the 2016-2017 season. With Ajinca, he's stuck on the roster with guaranteed $$.
    Last edited by CableKC; 06-14-2016 at 11:24 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I'd pass on Ajinca due to his contract. He's owed $4.5 to 5+ mil a year ( guaranteed ) for the next 3 seasons.

One of the main reasons why I want to move CJ ( besides his poor shot selection and streakiness ) is that he's dead weight on the roster ( as far as I am concerned ). Ajinca would make that worse by adding guaranteed Salary for the next 3 seasons. At least with CJ, there's the hope that he will opt out after the 2016-2017 season. With Ajinca, he's stuck on the roster with guaranteed $$.
    $4-5 million a year will be a very good contract with the increase in salary cap. Ajinca will also fill a need that we currently have of a back up Center. Obviously I think this is a decent trade or I would not have suggested it, however, I would not be broken hearted if it did not happen. Those who have opposed it have made some good points.

Sports Logo

$4-5 million a year will be a very good contract with the increase in salary cap. Ajinca will also fill a need that we currently have of a back up Center. Obviously I think this is a decent trade or I would not have suggested it, however, I would not be broken hearted if it did not happen. Those who have opposed it have made some good points.
    I'd be interested in seeing what ( if anything ) XMas can do as a back up Center before committing $5+ mil a year to Ajinca.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I'd be interested in seeing what ( if anything ) XMas can do as a back up Center before committing $5+ mil a year to Ajinca.
    I read somewhere (don't ask me where, because I have read so much different stuff since the season ended ) that Christmas is expected to play one more year in the D-League.

But I agree, if Christmas is ready, he should be a good back up Center.