Thread: Pacers and New Orleans

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Pacers and New Orleans

Pacers trade Stuckey to New Orleans for Alexis Ajinca.

The reason the Pacers do this is because they need a starting point guard. Bringing in a starting point guard without moving Ellis, GHill or Stuckey will cause issues with playing time. By moving Stuckey, we can now play the starting point guard, Ellis and GHill all 30 minutes or more per game. A lot of people would like to move Ellis, but that isn't going to happen. I hesitate in moving GHill because, in my opinion, he is the best player of the three. That leaves Stuckey as the odd man out.

Bringing in Ajinca will give us a back up Center. We now would have to find a starting point guard and starting power forward. I think we will sign Lawson to compete for the starting point guard role. We will draft a back up power forward. We will have $20 million or so to sign a starting power forward.

When it is all said and done, our starters hopefully would be: Lawson, GHill, PG13, Turner and free agent power forward. The guys we would use off the bench would be Ellis, our first round draft pick, Ajinca and let GRIII and Miles battle for the back up wing spot. That's a 9 man rotation. We would have Young, Allen and either GRIII or Miles dressing with the Pacers. Christmas will return to Fort Wayne along with another player.

Why would New Orleans do it? Ajinca is only an average back up. It wouldn't be too tough to replace him. Stuckey is a good player off the bench that can score, it will strengthen their bench.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers and New Orleans

Ajinca's contract is terrible. 3 more years at 5 million per year. We need to move Stuckey for a pick or low salary player to clear cap space.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thatch3232 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by thatch3232 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ajinca's contract is terrible. 3 more years at 5 million per year. We need to move Stuckey for a pick or low salary player to clear cap space.
    A pick would be good. I can't argue with that.

Ajinca's salary isn't terrible. With the salary cap increasing, $5 million is not that much for a back up Center.

Sports Logo

I could get behind that move. It addresses the imbalances of this roster. Ajinša is a decent enough backup.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Empty vessels make the most noise.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

sav