Thread: Briante Weber

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Briante Weber

Trade a 2nd rounder or something along those lines for Weber from the Heat. He was a player I loved in college but tore his ACL and went undrafted. Put up solid numbers in the DLeague and made a solid contribution to the Heat in the first round this year. A defensive stopper at point.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Briante Weber

1st of all - as a VCU fan I loved Briante. Ultra-competitive defensive player with developing offensive game. Great locker room character too... He could well be our Beverley.

But, I don't think we both CAN and NEED to trade for him...

While he signed a multi-year contract with Heat - it is completely non-guaranteed past this season. 9 times out of 10 such a contract is renounced 1st thing in a summer... And IF it is not renounced - that means team considers a player a keeper ie. basically NOT available as there is no one with similar value you could get for same money. One doesn't trade a minimum contract PLAYER for a mid-2nd round pick.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Briante Weber

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Trade a 2nd rounder or something along those lines for Weber from the Heat. He was a player I loved in college but tore his ACL and went undrafted. Put up solid numbers in the DLeague and made a solid contribution to the Heat in the first round this year. A defensive stopper at point.
    He played a total of 6 minutes in two blowouts. He had 1 steal and 1 assist in the entirety playoffs.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson