Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RIP Prince

Default Re: RIP Prince

I guess now there is a guy coming forward claiming to be Prince's illegitimate son. If the DNA matches, pretty sure he would get all of the fortune and the siblings would get none. Should be interesting.....

Quote Originally Posted by tora tora View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/28/prince...-alfred-money/

What do you guys think? He has 1 sister and five half siblings. I can't stand his sister but kind of agree with her.
    I think they're about to get $20M+ each and none of them earned it. Why are they complaining?

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    I think they're about to get $20M+ each and none of them earned it. Why are they complaining?
    Like I said, it could be that one or more have a plan for some of the assets that doesn't involve liquefying all of them and immediately cutting up the pie. Examples could include maintaining ownership of Prince's music catalog and unreleased tracks. That could have a tremendous value selling it outright... but could have even more value long term.
    Some could want to make Paisley Park a museum, open to the public, perhaps keeping the studio active, and of course charging as much as possible for it. Others could want to sell it ASAP and split the money.

So it could be the argument isn't about anyone getting more than anyone else in the split, but rather whether the assets are sold ASAP and the monies split evenly or whether some of the assets remain as business ventures and the profits split evenly going forward over time.

In the case of the music catalog someone could be saying "I don't want to gamble that the catalog will appreciate and have it sitting as money I can't touch, only borrow against, I'd rather just have the cash now."
    And it could be another level of complication... "I'd just rather have the cash now but we know that music catalog will increase in value so if it's not sold immediately in whole and the money divided evenly, then I want X+10% of the current appraised value before I will relinquish my rights to it!"
    Last edited by Bball; 05-01-2016 at 12:11 PM.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

True, but you'd have no problem in selling your 20% share to a 3rd party if you wanted the money now. There will be plenty of interested parties.

really miss this dude

https://www.yahoo.com/news/prince-ca...000000903.html

OD'd - opiods. Not a surprise. Still a shame - but not a surprise.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post

Damn. I'm a drummer with a few huge drum kits, but I so wish I had a classic guitar to sell to Jim. I would quote him an outrageous price and he would pay because he is Jim Freakin Irsay. haha

Everybody is saying it's a fake.

Quote Originally Posted by tora tora View Post
    Everybody is saying it's a fake.
    Even I think Jim would have the authenticity of the guitar checked out before he spent $137,500 on a fake one.

My recollection is of a white guitar. Probably was white in PR. Not saying that the yellow isn't legit but I'd think the white one would be more valuable.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

17. The Following User Says Thank You to tora tora For This Useful Post: