Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pacers - Pistons

7-Layer Burrito

Default Pacers - Pistons

Sadly, not many people outside of Indy and Detroit are picking up on the budding rivaly between the Pacers and Pistons, simply because we're both buried in the Eastern Conference. Granted the East is significantly weaker than the West in terms of depth, but taking a look at the top of the Conference, it is evident both teams can compete with the best of the West. That's only been confirmed as recently as 20 minutes ago when the Pistons knocked off the Spurs.

There are all kinds of great storylines between the two clubs. Not the least of which is, of course, Rick Carlisle vs. Larry Brown. Two defensive juggernauts w/ capable offenses. Always a battle. Can you imagine a Pacers/Pistons ECF? That's almost a guaranteed 7 game war. Wow.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow night's game more than any other this year. Both teams are on a roll. And the Pistons are going down.

Mood

Default Re: Pacers - Pistons

I'm conflicted. My heart says we'll win, my head says there's a good chance we'll lose.

I don't know what to think at this point.

Tinsley wasn't a factor/participant in the first two Detroit games (well, he was backup in the first game, but that was really early), but I can't decide if that's for better or worse.

If he can nab a steal or two and keep the offense active, it will be an advantage, but if the offense is still just standing around (likely), he's probably just going to be a defensive liability against Billups, which could be fatal.

We'll definitely need a big game from Artest to win. JO needs to get his as well, but we can't have a disappearing act from Ronnie. Reggie could be an X-factor, too.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Artest and Prince have a nice little one-on-one battle going. Prince really outplayed Artest on both ends in the first game. His long reach makes him hard to block in the post, and it disrupts Artest's dribbling. He did a great job of keeping the ball out of Ron's reach.

However, in the SECOND game, Artest DOMINATED Prince. He forced him into a ton of turnovers, and backed him right into the lane and musc;ed him to the hoop. I really thought Artest's job on Prince in game 2 was the difference in the game.

Both Prince and Artest do the same types of jobs, except Prince uses Finesse, and Artest uses power. That will be the matchup I'll be watching most tomorrow night.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Southside_Pacer

We do have some positives heading into tomorrow. For one we were able to defeat Atlanta when we weren't hyped up for this game at all. We didn't play well at all and still came away with the win.

Detroit had a great game against San Antonio, a much superior opponet than Atlanta, and they were geared up for today's game. They'll need to be even more geared up for tomorrow's, and I think the Pacers are really going to bring their A game. Sometimes it's hard to get really geared up back to back, but I hope the Pacers expect to get the Pistons' A game as well.

We're also at home, and the crowd should be great and hopefully they help a ton as the 6th man. A win tomorrow could go a long way for us when it comes to playoff seedings. That's enough motivation right there for us. Also it'd be great to stop their streak.

7-Layer Burrito

Agree about Tinsley, Hicks. I trust Rick to make the appropriate decisions in that regard (i.e. substitutions).

This will be the second playoff-type game in a row at the Fieldhouse. No way were losing this one.

LArry tried his best to monitor minutes today, but tomorrow will be the Pistons' 6th game in 8 days. That's their THIRD consecutive set of back-to-backs with only a day off in between. Its going to be VERY tough for the Pistons to bring their "A" game.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

PistonsDynasty

Kstat man, I know you saw the game!!

The Pistons on fire and the Pacers don't have a chance.

Pistons 101
    Pacers 85

7-Layer Burrito

LArry tried his best to monitor minutes today, but tomorrow will be the Pistons' 6th game in 8 days. That's their THIRD consecutive set of back-to-backs with only a day off in between. Its going to be VERY tough for the Pistons to bring their "A" game.

It'll be tough, for sure. But, I expect they'll bring it tomorrow. Biggest game of the year for both teams, so far.

7-Layer Burrito

Pistons 101
    Pacers 85

Hey look everybody!! It's the resident Pistons troll!!

Mood

He's not a troll, just naive.

Pistons 101
    Pacers 85

Hey, lay off PD, he's not trolling, just being a tad unobjective.....he forgets that the Pacers are the SECOND-hottest team in the league...

PD, by any chance are you the resident piston fan on the Sixer board?
    That said, I agree with his final score

He's not a troll, just naive.
    Maybe we have some left-over cookies to give him that Byron Scott didn't want.

Oh i think we can conjure some up
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

PistonsDynasty

Pistons 101
    Pacers 85

Troll, I go way back to the Indy board and was one of the first posters on this board. :P

I would not be surprised to see Brewer go on the IRL tomorrow and KA being activated, if not the we have to start wondering what we are going to do with KA, because then I don't believe he will enter the rotation again at all.

Wit Tins as a starter we will get the offense rolling, as soon as the lad stops growing KA or AJ will come in to "defend the lead" it will be in spurts that Tins will be in to push, if his defense holds up, if it does, then it is the question of who gets the backup minutes, AJ has done some good stuff lately but also some bad, might become 3d options tomorrow.

Cro can just as well sit in the stands, he will not be playing, Pollie and Jeff will and also JB will see about 15 minutes, if he plays like against the Nets or even slightly better, that would be a plus.

Pollie has proven these last games he can do a number on Big Guys, so Ben, beware, he bites

Ron will not have forgotten Prince and take him out, or Billy when needed.

JO will be JO and just do his 20+ 10+ thing, and block a few, Al will pick his defense up (he seemed to be lost on that today) and Reg will send you a b-day card from outside.

Close it may be, but a win it will be, when the P's loose next it is against a minion, not a topper.

So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

7-Layer Burrito

Pistons 101
    Pacers 85

Hey, lay off PD, he's not trolling, just being a tad unobjective.....he forgets that the Pacers are the SECOND-hottest team in the league...

Just a little friendly fire. It wouldn't be a good rivalry if we can't give a little back-and-forth.

PD has just obviously taken his homer-pills a little early today.

7-Layer Burrito

Pistons 101
    Pacers 85

Troll, I go way back to the Indy board and was one of the first posters on this board. :P
    There's a strong possibility I may go way back earlier than that, but, for now, my identity shall remain a mystery. Don't take anything I say seriously.

PistonsDynasty

Pistons 101
    Pacers 85

Just a little friendly fire. It wouldn't be a good rivalry if we can't give a little back-and-forth.

LOL, let the best team WIN. I really don't HATE Indy it's just the fact they are in our way.

If the Pacers beat the Pistons in the Confrence Finals I'll be cheering for them to win it all. I HATE THE WEST!

AMen, PD

ill ask again: are you the Pistons rep on the Sixer board?

7-Layer Burrito

Pistons 101
    Pacers 85

LOL, let the best team WIN. I really don't HATE Indy it's just the fact they are in our way.

If the Pacers beat the Pistons in the Confrence Finals I'll be cheering for them to win it all. I HATE THE WEST!
    My feelings exactly.

PistonsDynasty

AMen, PD

On the Philly.com board? Yeah, it's a bunch of Piston fans there. The 76ers fans enjoy us on thier board. It's a pretty strange partnership we enjoy.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pistons 101
    Pacers 85

There's a strong possibility I may go way back earlier than that, but, for now, my identity shall remain a mystery. Don't take anything I say seriously.

Bill Walton?!?!

AMen, PD

On the Philly.com board? Yeah, it's a bunch of Piston fans there. The 76ers fans enjoy us on thier board. It's a pretty strange partnership we enjoy.
    Yeah, there's at least one Pistons rep on most team message boards, I was just wondering. I check philly.com a lot, you guys are just brutal to each other....

7-Layer Burrito

Pistons 101
    Pacers 85

Bill Walton?!?!

LOL [size=9:a09e5fd930] shhhhhhh [/size]

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pistons 101
    Pacers 85

Bill Walton?!?!

LOL [size=9:20a6187a19] shhhhhhh [/size]

Seriously, though, you made it a little too easy, my friend. Old habits are hard to break, indeed.

Welcome back.

PistonsDynasty

AMen, PD

Yeah, there's at least one Pistons rep on most team message boards, I was just wondering. I check philly.com a lot, you guys are just brutal to each other....
    Yo, they adopted me as one of thier own. But yeah sometime it gets crazy. But I love the place.