Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Colts Preseason Thread

Default Re: 2016 Colts Preseason Thread

Hunker down folks. Everything points to a loooooong season.

I can accept the Colts being mediocre I have for the past couple of years at this point.

Back then I at least had another team or player to root for not so much this year.

As long as it isn't a team or player I hate win it all its cool.

residing in Maryland but Indianapolis born and raised

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Whew! Now I can live with this.......

Larry Bird and Ryan Grigson- wasting the talents of Paul George and Andrew Luck

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...stevan-ridley/

Colts sign Stevan Ridley

Veteran running back Stevan Ridley has his new team.

The Colts announced today that they have signed Ridley, who was cut by the Lions last week.

Ridley once looked like a budding star in the NFL, having gained 1,263 yards for the Patriots in 2012, his second year in the league. But since then his production has significantly declined: He gained 773 yards in 2013, 340 yards in 2014 and 90 yards in 2015. He spent just a few months with the Lions before they cut him.

In Indianapolis, Ridley joins a backfield that includes starter Frank Gore and backups Robert Turbin, Jordan Todman and Josh Ferguson.

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    **** me. 7 cornerbacks out (including Butler's injury) and now Mewhort out for the season. On top of the rest and well known issues with the team.

Also pre season or not, is anyone else amazed at how undisciplined we continue to be under Pagano? I'm not cause I'm used to it for some time now.
    As I posted before, the writing was on the wall when Irsay made the decision to retain Pagano and Grigson. Big mistake. I will follow the Colts, but my expectations are not high. My years of mediocrity ahead prediction not looking out of the realm of reality at this point.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post

The running backs are not the biggest problem. The offensive line cannot create lanes for the runners.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

8. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    Hunker down folks. Everything points to a loooooong season.
    Unfortunately, i think you are correct. I doubt this year will be any better than last season.
    The same problems we saw last year ( o-line penalties destroying big plays and killing momentum) no running game.
    A defense that cannot stop the run or pass and cannot put pressure on a qb.
    I think we see another 8-8 season.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to clownskull For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    The running backs are not the biggest problem. The offensive line cannot create lanes for the runners.

You're so 2014 man. Just make a Trent Richardson joke, and you'll feel better about it all.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

I'm just apathetic about this team's chances right now. It would obviously be ridiculous to ever expect Luck to be as great as Manning, but even when we had some struggles in the early stages of Manning's career, you always knew that those teams had some really elite talent. This just doesn't feel like a very talented team.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 08-29-2016 at 12:22 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This just doesn't feel like a very talented team.
    this may be a bottom 7 or 8 roster in terms of talent, that might be optimistic honestly. our back 7 is probably the worst in the league, and that's before all the injuries.

but keep building that monster Irsay.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

I'm just apathetic about this team's chances right now. It would obviously be ridiculous to ever expect Luck to be as great as Manning, but even when we had some struggles in the early stages of Manning's career, you always knew that those teams had some really elite talent. This just doesn't feel like a very talented team.
    I have said this from day 1 but that's what Irsay was peddling these past few years and the problem with that is you have to deliver because when you don't well it comes back to bite you in the rear. He shouldn't be surprised if there are Colts fans who are going to be upset with the product being put out right now because of it.

That being said I find Andrew Luck to be the least of the Colts problems(outside of health at this point) its everything else that has to work.

On another note: Who told the media that Mewhort would be out the entire season with a torn ACL there's a big difference between torn ACL and an injury that's a month long?!

It reminds me of last season with all the misdirection and media leaks.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

I'm just going to reserve judgment until the games are real. The Colts have a culture of not really taking the preseason seriously. And clearly this bunch isn't good enough to do that and look halfway decent despite themselves.
    Then there are the injuries. Some of which will carry over into the season (and hurt us), but all of which have probably snowballed into reinforcing the not taking preseason seriously thing. Players and coaches trying to not get hurt. And players not playing with injuries that they'd play thru in the regular season.

Not much depth... MASH unit already filling up... Let's see how they do when the games mean something and they hopefully can dig down a little deeper and care a little more.

...Not that I have much hope it'll change but it's too depressing to think we're seeing them at their rested, peak right now.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So with Pagano's comments about how Cole has played as well as he has ever played here I guess that rules us out from looking at Kruger. Honestly, if we are banking on Cole taking a giant leap forward from last year our pass rush is screwed. It does not matter how healthy our corners get. If we cannot get pressure QBs will eat us alive.

This is the least excited I have been for a Colts season in a long time. Offensive line still looks to be an issue. Pass rush still seems to be an issue. Penalities still seem to be an issue. Our running game will be non existent if Gore gets hurt. This just has another 8-8 season written all over it.

Colts are going to suck, you can just tell. No depth, no talent.

This is what you get Irsay! You figured that Luck would be the horse that pulled it all together, it didn't matter that you let an inexperienced GM have full reign over the team. You got a good deal on a young front office guy eager to prove himself. Then you got a coach who can only grunt cliche's about chopping wood and shaping iron. Didn't matter cause you got Luck! These 2 front office guys have completely dismantled the promise of the #1 pick. You bring in his college OC, cause you know college offenses are so much better than NFL? As if your stud QB doesn't need to learn new offensive schemes from an established PRO Coordinator.

I'm so tired of having the rejects from the Ravens and Browns continually showing up on this team.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I actually felt alright about personnel and coaching changes going into training camp. It's completely injuries. Why the F do we lose half our team every year? We are never close to full strength at any point during a season. Ever.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

This season will go as the offensive line goes. Costanzo needs to get back to 2014, and the right side needs to be something other than a turnstyle. Thank goodness Mewhort's injury wasn't as bad as expected, or this season could have been tossed out the window.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

I can't say I'm too optimistic about the Colts this year. After the drama with Grigson/Pagano and Irsay's dumbass keeping both of them, I just don't have much hope for this team. Grigson is one of the five worst GMs in the league.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Chud's running the same run heavy sets btw, at least in preseason, it wasn't Pep, it was and is Pagano. when you've got an elite passer and a stable of speed receivers and a junk line that's pretty clearly not the way to run an offense. get in the shotgun 60%+ and score points with the actual good players. throw to score, run to grind clock. it's not that hard. but Pagano had a hashtag so gotta keep his archaic ***.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

The Colts are going to start the season 5 and 0. Look at the schedule. They have Andrew Luck. Nothing else matters.

As spoiled as Colts fans are they'd probably consider a 5 and 0 start bad.
    #DBAP

28. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Colts cut Nate Irving... Antonio Morrison is the starter there I guess?

" A,Β,..M,N,L,O,P,...F" Johanvil's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

We have such a plethora of competent LBs that they cut Nate Irving.

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    The Colts are going to start the season 5 and 0. Look at the schedule. They have Andrew Luck. Nothing else matters.

I don't get the "spoiled" label I do think its unrealistic to expect Andrew Luck to be the best QB that ever lived (I never had that unrealistic expectation of him) I also expected the Colts to not be great in the early part of his career rather than prime of his career(which is now). I remember when the Colts were irrelevant and terrible this isn't as bad as it was before. However if the team wants us to believe they should have more than "just 1 SB trophy" then they should actually deliver. They haven't and are getting called out for it.

Besides its hard to say what's an easy schedule vs a tough one since we don't know who will be good this year vs not.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Chud's running the same run heavy sets btw, at least in preseason, it wasn't Pep, it was and is Pagano. when you've got an elite passer and a stable of speed receivers and a junk line that's pretty clearly not the way to run an offense. get in the shotgun 60%+ and score points with the actual good players. throw to score, run to grind clock. it's not that hard. but Pagano had a hashtag so gotta keep his archaic ***.
    To be fair it's preseason and they don't want Luck getting hit.

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post

Colts won't start 5-0 lol. Their second game is on the road against the SB champs.

Colts won't start 5-0 lol. Their second game is on the road against the SB champs.
    Without Googling it - name their QB ............

35. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post: