Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Colts Preseason Thread

Default Re: 2016 Colts Preseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Am I the only one that feels like the Colts are in for years of mediocrity from this point out. The days of dominating the division are over. Irsay made a grave mistake by retaining Pagano and Grigson IMO. Not trying to be a downer as I'm hoping for the best and always root on the Colts, but it's how I honestly feel at this point. Hope to **** that I'm wrong.
    I think Pagano/Grigson will last a couple more years then they will be fired and the new coach will take us to SB 54 not sure if we win it.

However if Pagano/Grigson stay beyond that I agree I am not expecting much.

With Manning you can pencil in a 10 + win season and not give it a second thought. You can't with these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    I think Pagano/Grigson will last a couple more years then they will be fired and the new coach will take us to SB 54 not sure if we win it.

However if Pagano/Grigson stay beyond that I agree I am not expecting much.

With Manning you can pencil in a 10 + win season and not give it a second thought. You can't with these guys.
    I think this is the season we start getting an answer to these kind of questions. Pagano lost some of his control as Grigson usurped it and they became less of a team pulling in the same direction. The job save for both of them after least season had to include a reboot and Pagano regaining some coaching control IMO. This probably has lead to a different emphasis on team building, and certainly a different emphasis on player control and the coaching roster.
    The O line and Pep Hamilton were not a good mix for example. It's one thing to have a bad O-line, it's another to make them look worse by running plays that are slow to develop and just put more pressure on them. Some of that may be on Luck as well. Maybe that is why there is a new QB coach as well....
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I think this is the season we start getting an answer to these kind of questions. Pagano lost some of his control as Grigson usurped it and they became less of a team pulling in the same direction. The job save for both of them after least season had to include a reboot and Pagano regaining some coaching control IMO. This probably has lead to a different emphasis on team building, and certainly a different emphasis on player control and the coaching roster.
    The O line and Pep Hamilton were not a good mix for example. It's one thing to have a bad O-line, it's another to make them look worse by running plays that are slow to develop and just put more pressure on them. Some of that may be on Luck as well. Maybe that is why there is a new QB coach as well....

IMO its wishful thinking for anyone that thinks Pagano/Grigson will be canned if the Colts have another mediocre season after Irsay put out that public front in January they will coexist. I doubt Irsay wants to be shown he might be wrong about this. I think it would take two more bad seasons for Irsay to pull the plug on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    IMO its wishful thinking for anyone that thinks Pagano/Grigson will be canned if the Colts have another mediocre season after Irsay put out that public front in January they will coexist. I doubt Irsay wants to be shown he might be wrong about this. I think it would take two more bad seasons for Irsay to pull the plug on them.
    I tend to agree, both because of what you suggest, and because the approach seems to have shifted to more gradual development via draft/young players. If that's true, you can't just can them after one year. As Ball said, it's essentially a total reboot. It will be interesting. If we are just miserable this year though, I think seats could be simmering going into that second season. If we're mediocre, not so much.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

5. The Following User Says Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    .......... Pep Hamilton .....
    There's where the problem was. Hamilton was horrendous. He never caught on that he wasn't in college anymore. I think that Luck and the offense improve quite a bit this season.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Andrew looked good for someone who hasn't played in nearly a year. I know its preseason but still its a good sign. Glad he also learned how to slide.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The o line looked great in pass protection. Can't believe I finally get to say that. Run protection was... Okay. Small steps, but I'll take it.

Luck looked fast. I don't mean running. He looked like Aaron Rodgers out there in the speed he was operating. Very good.

Playcalling finally. We utilized RB dumpoff checkdowns finally. The TE was passed to a few times. We didn't go for home runs on every play.

Finally.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Bringing in Antonio Cromartie for a look per Stampede Blue. Vet depth given injury situation if they actually go through with it. No given they will. Experienced, but hasn't he looked a little over the hill in his last stop or two?

-Emiliano Zapata

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    Bringing in Antonio Cromartie for a look per Stampede Blue. Vet depth given injury situation if they actually go through with it. No given they will. Experienced, but hasn't he looked a little over the hill in his last stop or two?
    Allowed a passer rating of 112 on thrown in his coverage last season

Sports Logo Sports Logo

This is a terrible start.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

I want to say preseason doesn't mean anything but with these Colts it actually does because at this rate this could be another mediocre season for the Colts.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Once again, we're injured as hell, lack focus and discipline, our line play has regressed, and we have zero running game. Tons of penalties and errors. Slow, lethargic start. This **** has to stop.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

This shouldn't surprise you when Pagano returned this was par for the course sure its preseason but you can tell this will happen again come September.

residing in Maryland but Indianapolis born and raised

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Can't run the ball, can't stop the run, zero pass rush. Will this ever end???
    Larry Bird and Ryan Grigson- wasting the talents of Paul George and Andrew Luck

Sports Logo Sports Logo

To Luck's credit, he's 11 of 15 for 115 yards behind that terrible line.

New year, same problems. How many years in a row have we had a bad offensive line and defense? Good times.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Sports Logo

whew they look bad. at least it's preseason.

The preseason excuse doesn't work in the 3rd game. While every year we suck in the preseason, we generally do ok in the 3rd game because our starters are playing. This, however, is not a good sign when your starters are playing like ****.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    The preseason excuse doesn't work in the 3rd game. While every year we suck in the preseason, we generally do ok in the 3rd game because our starters are playing. This, however, is not a good sign when your starters are playing like ****.
    At the very least we will know if this is a Pagano problem or a Christensen, Pep etc problem....

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Venturi tonight:

In general: "This team really needs physicality".

In general: "Toughness is just lacking".

Referring to edge rushers: "There's been a lot of talk about aggressiveness this summer, but so far it's just been rhetoric".

I couldn't agree more. Our LOS both sides looks like CYO. No pass rush. No rushing lanes. 1st team offense can't finish scoring opportunities or convert on 4th and 1. Penalties out the wazoo.

Pagano/Grigson, all they've ever been is rhetoric. Barring some near miraculous improvement, doesn't look like a playoff competitor.
    Last edited by D-BONE; 08-27-2016 at 09:58 PM.

-Emiliano Zapata

Sports Logo

welp

" A,Β,..M,N,L,O,P,...F" Johanvil's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

**** me. 7 cornerbacks out (including Butler's injury) and now Mewhort out for the season. On top of the rest and well known issues with the team.

Also pre season or not, is anyone else amazed at how undisciplined we continue to be under Pagano? I'm not cause I'm used to it for some time now.
    Last edited by Johanvil; 08-28-2016 at 07:56 AM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The injury ******** every year just blows my mind.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post: