Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peyton Statue PD Help!!!

Default Re: Peyton Statue PD Help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mora should be honored that one of the most famous athletes ever invited him to be a part of this historic event. If he doesn't want to go, then that's his business, but he shouldn't go public with his reasons which do nothing but distract from the event.
    I'm kind of thinking the news has spun this into something it was not intended to be. I think Mora planned not to attend and wanted to make sure it wasn't seen as some dig at Peyton or whatever. And when he tried to explain it, trying to say nice things about the city, the organization, and Peyton the media turned it into a dig by where it focused on his words. When you read it, it didn't seem like a Knight refusing to return to Assembly Hall type thing like I think maybe the media sort of portrayed it. Particularly with the way most articles titled the story.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I'm kind of thinking the news has spun this into something it was not intended to be. I think Mora planned not to attend and wanted to make sure it wasn't seen as some dig at Peyton or whatever. And when he tried to explain it, trying to say nice things about the city, the organization, and Peyton the media turned it into a dig by where it focused on his words. When you read it, it didn't seem like a Knight refusing to return to Assembly Hall type thing like I think maybe the media sort of portrayed it. Particularly with the way most articles titled the story.

Good points. Mora clearly still has quite a bit of bitterness. It has to bug him that he helped lay the ground work with a couple of great seasons, then gets canned after one poor year (in large part due to Edge injury and a poor season from Mannimg). Then after he leaves, the team goes on a historic run mostly due to Manning hitting the prime of his career. I'm sure Mora (with some justification) is bitter than he wasn't able to stay around and enjoy the fruits of Manning's prime. He has to absolutely feel that he would have won a ring here too had he been able to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Good points. Mora clearly still has quite a bit of bitterness. It has to bug him that he helped lay the ground work with a couple of great seasons, then gets canned after one poor year (in large part due to Edge injury and a poor season from Mannimg). Then after he leaves, the team goes on a historic run mostly due to Manning hitting the prime of his career. I'm sure Mora (with some justification) is bitter than he wasn't able to stay around and enjoy the fruits of Manning's prime. He has to absolutely feel that he would have won a ring here too had he been able to stay.
    ...And he has to feel somewhat vindicated because Fangio proved himself and left Mora looking right.
    Of course with Polian and different visions it's not necessarily like Polian was wrong either.
    Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

I get why he wouldn't want to be there I do think if he asked you to go you should for him. But I'm also not in his shoes either.

That being said I was glad the Colts fired Mora we were never going to win anything with him as a coach. I found him rather mediocre.