Thread: Reggie Miller

Default Reggie Miller

I remember when we lost to Detroit last year and all we talked about how Reggie Miller should be coming off the bench. I also remember him missing free throws here and there. More than he should be missing in the playoffs.

Now look at him...led the league in %. Going 9-10 (close to that) tonight. He's absolutely amazing.

It seems like all Reggie does is shut up his critics.

Reggie's too skinny, he's old and done for, blah blah

Only if he could win a championship would he shut all of them up. What else does he have in store for us?

Default Re: Reggie Miller

Don't forget that he's cocky, he gets favored by the refs, and he is bald at certain times blah blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by 8.9_seconds
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't forget that he's cocky, he gets favored by the refs, and he is bald at certain times blah blah blah

Now the bald part is going a lil too far...was that necessary?

After the '99 playoffs I thought Reggie was done - or at least getting toward being done. Then came the 2000 playoffs. I swore then I'd never predict he'd be done again unless he showed up in a wheelchair for a tipoff. The guy's amazing.

Here's what slays me. I'm with the group who wouldn't put him in the superstar category (except for during the playoffs). But watching all the mid-range game he's added the past five years I can't help wondering how good he would have been if he'd incorporated that into his game early in his career instead of pretty much being just a jump-shooter.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After the '99 playoffs I thought Reggie was done - or at least getting toward being done. Then came the 2000 playoffs. I swore then I'd never predict he'd be done again unless he showed up in a wheelchair for a tipoff. The guy's amazing.

Here's what slays me. I'm with the group who wouldn't put him in the superstar category (except for during the playoffs). But watching all the mid-range game he's added the past five years I can't help wondering how good he would have been if he'd incorporated that into his game early in his career instead of pretty much being just a jump-shooter.

If Reggie would have done that, I bet he'd have more free-throws. Tonight he kept burnin Davis and shooting those lil mid-range floater jumpers. Cash-money almost every time.