Thread: Thanks, FSN

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Thanks, FSN

So Jay's_Daughter@Section204, age 5, and I went to BW3 for lunch Saturday in our lovely Chicago suburb.

One of the monitors has Fox Sports Across America on.

After what appeared to be an interesting feature on the new owner of the Suns, they cut to a commercial break and what do they show??

Ron Artest, fighting with the fans in the Palace.

If Jay's_Daughter@Section204 ever saw any footage of the brawl, it would've been months ago. But we don't think she really seen any, she's five years old, after all.

She was almost in tears watching that twenty-second snippet. "Why is that Pacers player fighting with all those people." Fortunately, a brief explanation got her onto a different topic.

This wasn't the worst example of "inappropriate" public broadcasting. There was another night, we were shopping for Christmas presents at a store that also sold home theatre systems. So she's watching staring at the televisions while Jay's_Wife@Section204 and I pick out some gifts. Suddenly, she's in hysterics. It appeared to be an old movie with knights and a sword fight. ... took a long time to explain to her that the person wasn't really stabbed and that some adults really find that to be entertaining.

You'd think, with all the violent Looney Tunes cartoons we watch, that she'd be de-sensitized to all that. But she seems to know the difference between Wile E. Coyote and real people.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Harmonica

Default Re: Thanks, FSN

I'm calling child welfare services. Even my 2 1/2 year old daughter didn't know why I was screaming at the TV tonight. All she would say was, "What happened?" with each of my outbursts.