Thread: Open Letter - BBall, Peck, et al.

Default Open Letter - BBall, Peck, et al.

I thought about PMs but I figure transparent is good.

Bball and Peck -

I went through and read some of the threads today, and I have to say I'm embarrassed by some of my posts this week. I've always tried to be a guy that focuses on the content and doesn't get into personal attacks, and I think I failed. I'm sorry. Some of it's stress because I'm trying to sell a house for the first time, but mostly it's just me being a jerk.

As far as the topic at hand, we're just going to have to agree to disagree (for now). We can pick up over the summer after I've moved and we have nothing to talk about. For the record, I strongly disagree with the idea that we'd have won a championship if we kept Dale. I strongly disagree with the idea that we should have done any more than we did to keep Mark. As much as I loved the 2000 team, I thought it had reached its peak and I felt it was time to move on.

So please accept this apology. I have nothing but respect for both of you, even though we hardly ever agree (although I tend to agree with Peck more than that nutball Jay). You guys are two of the top minds around here, and the place wouldn't be the same without your input. Thanks for putting up with me.

After tonight, I won't get a chance to post again until Sunday night. My wife and I will be up in the balcony if anybody wants to stop by... we're the tall ones.

In closing, just allow me to say...
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Default Re: Open Letter - BBall, Peck, et al.

Living in the desert will do that to you.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

I probably should have put in a smiley after that nutball comment...
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I'm glad you apologized because I have been steaming mad and biting my tongue...

Wait... no I've not... I guess I missed the personal attacks. I did notice you have posted more recently and from that have continued a discussion farther than in the past but other than that I haven't really noticed you being overly confrontational. Maybe a bit more direct and opinionated than in the past but that comes with the territory sometimes..

So, If I should've been offended either it went over my head or I missed it. ...in either case... no problem... I only ask that a dissenter is rational and you've been that. And I don't always disagree with you, only when you are wrong! (That would make a good sig wouldn't it? )

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

IS this a joke or is this a message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm glad you apologized because I have been steaming mad and biting my tongue...

Wait... no I've not... I guess I missed the personal attacks.
    Well, that's the nice thing about the "edit" feature. That and a three-hour time change that ensures I post after most Indiana people go to bed.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    ..... either it went over my head or I missed it... ...

-Bball
    Didn't that used to be your sig?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    I thought about PMs but I figure transparent is good.

Bball and Peck -

I went through and read some of the threads today, and I have to say I'm embarrassed by some of my posts this week. I've always tried to be a guy that focuses on the content and doesn't get into personal attacks, and I think I failed. I'm sorry. Some of it's stress because I'm trying to sell a house for the first time, but mostly it's just me being a jerk.

As far as the topic at hand, we're just going to have to agree to disagree (for now). We can pick up over the summer after I've moved and we have nothing to talk about. For the record, I strongly disagree with the idea that we'd have won a championship if we kept Dale. I strongly disagree with the idea that we should have done any more than we did to keep Mark. As much as I loved the 2000 team, I thought it had reached its peak and I felt it was time to move on.

So please accept this apology. I have nothing but respect for both of you, even though we hardly ever agree (although I tend to agree with Peck more than that nutball Jay). You guys are two of the top minds around here, and the place wouldn't be the same without your input. Thanks for putting up with me.

After tonight, I won't get a chance to post again until Sunday night. My wife and I will be up in the balcony if anybody wants to stop by... we're the tall ones.

In closing, just allow me to say...

I'm not sure what you are calling personal attacks but I never percieved it in such a fashion.

I understand your opinion & I don't even disagree with it. I don't know if Bball or myself have ever said that they would have won the following season but we just felt like they had a chance to compete.

But, trust me, I'm aware that online anyway we are in the minority on this.

So, come home to Indiana, root on the Pacers & have a great time. Then get back on here & post away. I don't feel as though there were any hard feelings on this but if I caused any I apologize.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Anybody who suggested the Pacers would have been better off this decade owning long contracts and big bucks for DD and Mark Jackson deserved any condemnation or derision you had to offer.

The year 2000 was a good year, but good Lord, please don't make that year the best our Pacers will ever do.

Kudos to you Anthem for being one of the most fair-minded and rational posters on this or any other Pacers board.

Quote Originally Posted by sixthman
    Anybody who suggested the Pacers would have been better off this decade owning long contracts and big bucks for DD and Mark Jackson deserved any condemnation or derision you had to offer.

The year 2000 was a good year, but good Lord, please don't make that year the best our Pacers will ever do.
    It is to this point the best they've ever done (NBA wise)....

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden