Thread: Getting Z-Bo for our expirings...?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Getting Z-Bo for our expirings...?

Given that Grizzlies' chance to make ANY noise in play-offs just collapsed together with Kid Gasol's foot... they may decide to blow this core to pieces right now and start to look for future. After all : Conley, Courtney Lee and ,to lesser effect, Jeff Green are all UFAs next summer.

He is getting old, creaky and no longer capable of being 1st option - but what do you think about acquiring Z-Bo for 1 seasons. He has a big bag of tricks to teach for Myles and of course paired together they wouldn't have too much spacing issues.

I wouldn't pay a farm to get him, but sending the expiring contracts of Budinger & Jordan Hill to Grizzlies?

Default Re: Getting Z-Bo for our expirings...?

Jordan Hill? Who moves better than Z-Bo and is more athletic? Z-Bo can't even dunk anymore while Jordan still can..... emphatically I might add. Jordan can also run the floor while Z-bo kind of jogs at this point. Pass.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jordan Hill? Who moves better than Z-Bo and is more athletic? Z-Bo can't even dunk anymore while Jordan still can..... emphatically I might add. Jordan can also run the floor while Z-bo kind of jogs at this point. Pass.
    Well, Z-Bo knows how to play basketball and Jordan Hill will apparently never learn. Besides, he is an expiring contract who can move anywhere next summer. I count this one as a "lost season" anyway so the correct question is : "Could Z-Bo be a beneficial player next season as a low-post alternative and still good rebounder for his 10 mil salary?".

I consider Jordan Hill and Chase Budinger as 9 million dollars off someone's books next summer and thought Grizzlies would like to have that opportunity. Their court value doesn't move the needle a bit. They won't win anything for anyone this season and next season is TOTALLY OPEN.

Quote Originally Posted by PetPaima View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, Z-Bo knows how to play basketball and Jordan Hill will apparently never learn. Besides, he is an expiring contract who can move anywhere next summer. I count this one as a "lost season" anyway so the correct question is : "Could Z-Bo be a beneficial player next season as a low-post alternative and still good rebounder for his 10 mil salary?".

I consider Jordan Hill and Chase Budinger as 9 million dollars off someone's books next summer and thought Grizzlies would like to have that opportunity. Their court value doesn't move the needle a bit. They won't win anything for anyone this season and next season is TOTALLY OPEN.

If Larry is about getting younger and faster Z-Bo doesn't fit. They demoted him to the bench in Memphis because he was too slow and old.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

As far as fitting the vision of being faster - absolutely doesn't fit it.

As far as "demotion" to the bench... Well, Z-Bo has still averaged at least 27 minutes on every MONTH of this season. That is starter minutes for an old man. They just put him into the reserve unit to have more of his minutes apart of Gasol's court time. That was to help the spacing and have only player "clogging" the lane. Worked well too... Memphis has been sneaking up the standings and was still a good team until Gasol's foot caved in. Now, they are doomed (and already traded Courtney Lee for a future).

I wouldn't like Z-Bo playing next to Lavoy nor really next to Mahinmi. Together with Myles? A good pairing on defense, good pairing in half-court offense. ONLY the speed factor is against it.

But yeah, Bird wouldn't do it 'cause it is against the direction he wants us to go...

Sports Logo

I would consider trading for ZBo and make him the backup PF if we could send out Stuckey+Lavoy+2nd for ZBo.

I can't come up with a reason for why the Grizz would do it other than breaking up the $10 mil owed to ZBo into 2 smaller contracts just to make it easier to clear salary....but I don't having a solid scoring PF coming off the bench.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The moment to possibly propose this went sailing on trade deadline....