Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The NFL Offseason Thread

Default Re: The NFL Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wanna say good for Kap cuz he's about as bad a fit as you can get for Chip Kelly's offense as you can find, but at the same time, Gabbert sucks and you're not about to step into a starting job somewhere else. I mean, if you're so scared of not being able to reinvent yourself as a quick read crossing pass kinda guy compared to Blaine Friggin Gabbert you're basically just saying you're cool with holding a clipboard for the next decade. which ain't a bad gig.
    I bet he does step into a starting job somewhere else.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If Shaq Lawson is there you draft him. I think we can get solid interior linemen in the 2nd and 3rd round. Jason Spriggs might even be there when we pick in the 2nd, though I doubt it. He may be a rising sleeper in the 1st round.

Sports Logo

Jaylon Smith may have nerve damage in his knee

Which is so unfortunate he was great at Notre Dame and to have his hopes dashed during that debacle of a Fiesta Bowl game vs Ohio State of all times.

I fear it could be career ending for him.

Sports Logo

ESPN says "multiple" teams failed Smith during his physical and 3 have completely taken him off their boards. Allegedly of course, it's draft time so who knows what's true.

http://my.xfinity.com/articles/sport...orts_media_nfl

James Harrison, Steelers cruise ship help to rescue stranded rafters

It appears as though the Legends of Pittsburgh Cruise turned into an unexpected opportunity for the Steelers' James Harrison, among others, to step into a hero role in the Gulf of Mexico on Saturday.

The veteran linebacker was among those Steel City celebs on a four-day jaunt through Miami, Key West and Cozumel when the ship apparently spotted a homemade raft with 16 people aboard floating aimlessly in the middle of the body of water.

Harrison took to Instagram to post photos, noting that the cruise ship stopped to help the stranded 16 while awaiting help from the Coast Guard.

Among the other Pittsbrugh legends on the boat: Rocky Bleier, Antonio Brown, Dermontti Dawso, Donnie Shell, former Pirate catcher Manny Sanguillen and ex-Penguins Ken Wregget, Bryan Troittier and Francois Leroux.

(Update via The Associated Press: Carnival spokeswoman Jennifer de la Cruz said the Carnival Sensation found the 15 men and one woman about 50 miles north of Cuba and brought them aboard. Coast Guard Petty Officer Jon-Paul Rios said they would be turned over to Mexican immigration officials at the ship's next stop, Cozumel.)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...in-kaepernick/

Report: Browns, Texans interested in trading for Colin Kaepernick

The 49ers say they’re keeping quarterback Colin Kaepernick. But Kaepernick’s agents are making noises about getting him traded. And now there’s talk that at least two teams are interested in acquiring Kaepernick’s services.

According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network, both the Browns and the Texans are interested in acquiring Kaepernick, if the 49ers are willing to trade him.

Any team that is willing to trade for Kaepernick has to be willing to take on the $11.9 million salary that will be guaranteed as of April 1 (or able to get Kaepernick to renegotiate his contract). An $11.9 million salary sounds like a lot for a quarterback who was benched for Blaine Gabbert last year, but in today’s NFL, that’s actually a mid-level contract: Kaepernick’s 2016 base salary currently ranks 15th in the NFL among quarterbacks.

The Browns and Texans are both in need of a quarterback, and if they don’t think they’ll get the franchise quarterback they need in the draft, Kaepernick could be the answer.

Sports Logo

Jeff Fisher must talk the damn talk man cuz he's a crap coach. I know he went to a SB once upon a time, but the guy's coached 21 seasons and finished over .500 all of 6 times. meanwhile Marvin Lewis has been over .500 half his 14 years, with another 3 8-8 years, with the damn BENGALS, and people can't wait to fire him. Lewis has won 10+ 4 straight years, with Andy Dalton, in the AFC North.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Jeff Fisher must talk the damn talk man cuz he's a crap coach. I know he went to a SB once upon a time, but the guy's coached 21 seasons and finished over .500 all of 6 times. meanwhile Marvin Lewis has been over .500 half his 14 years, with another 3 8-8 years, with the damn BENGALS, and people can't wait to fire him. Lewis has won 10+ 4 straight years, with Andy Dalton, in the AFC North.
    download.jpg

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thewholefnshow31 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Marvin went off on TO and I love it!
    http://cbs4indy.com/2016/03/03/marvi...hell-with-him/

“The person who was supposed to get in, got in. And that was me. If he didn’t get in, that’s his problem. He can talk all that other (B.S.) like he’s been doing. That’s on him.

“But I’m in. My jacket is gold. I will look in the rearview (mirror) for nobody. So he can get his [expletive] in whenever he gets in . . . if he gets in. If he doesn’t get in, too bad. The hell with him.”
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I think that's too aggressive from 88 but hey, I'm not about to complain about anything Ninja Hands says. and you better not either TO.

I think that's too aggressive from 88 but hey, I'm not about to complain about anything Ninja Hands says. and you better not either TO.
    The whole thing is baffling although when I saw Marvin trending this strangely was a lot better than I was expecting from him.

Sports Logo

Terrell Suggs got popped for driving on a suspended license and leaving the scene of an accident in Arizona. Rough week for NFL players in Scottsdale.

So, it's pretty much a given that Washington is going to release RGIII. Among the teams reportedly interesting in him are ................ the L.A. Rams.

Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    So, it's pretty much a given that Washington is going to release RGIII. Among the teams reportedly interesting in him are ................ the L.A. Rams.

Nice.

Rather full circle right there considering how RG3 ended up with the Redskins to begin with.

Not real sure how he and Jeff Fisher would work but at least it would give them buzz I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Not real sure how he and Jeff Fisher would work but at least it would give them buzz I guess.
    And that's what LA needs - something to get the fans interested & involved. How I hope that LA signs RGIII and Washington plays LA this year. Snyder just might spontaneously combust.

And that's what LA needs - something to get the fans interested & involved. How I hope that LA signs RGIII and Washington plays LA this year. Snyder just might spontaneously combust.
    The Rams play the Giants this year and the NFC South

Sports Logo

who the hell would rob a gym?

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

it's definitely what LA needs but RG3 needs basically the complete opposite. he's going to bring his own hype, however deserved with him wherever he goes, but he needs a small market that has no expectations. like, I dunno, Minnesota or something. I know they've got Teddy B, just using them as an example.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post: