Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The NFL Offseason Thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The NFL Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We don't need police, home security systems, etc. People just need to be decent to each other.

This line of argument honestly befuddles me. When did we start treating taking precautions as some sort of bad thing?
    Its one thing to take precautions. Its another to limit the jobs and opportunities for someone based on their sex alone. Quite frankly, men's athletic programs are the more prestigious jobs. Why should a female trainer not be allowed to take that position when she may be more qualified than any other male candidate? Because "boys will be boys"? No, **** that. Don't accept that. Change the damn culture.

I'm not expecting people to just be decent. But avoiding the problem makes the problem worse while creating even more problems. Ignorance is bliss.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Its one thing to take precautions. Its another to limit the jobs and opportunities for someone based on their sex alone. Quite frankly, men's athletic programs are the more prestigious jobs. Why should a female trainer not be allowed to take that position when she may be more qualified than any other male candidate? Because "boys will be boys"? No, **** that. Don't accept that. Change the damn culture.

I'm not expecting people to just be decent. But avoiding the problem makes the problem worse while creating even more problems. Ignorance is bliss.
    That's nice in theory but incredibly unrealistic to think the culture will just change. As much as the media wants to tell people how to be PC about this sort of thing its not reality either.

I think if the roles were reversed a male trainer will not be allowed in a female locker room and there would be a ton of feminists who would say that it would violate their privacy etc. The guy would be labeled a complete pervert for wanting such an opportunity.

So why should it be different for men in that regard for a female trainer?

" A,Β,..M,N,L,O,P,...F" Johanvil's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    The author of that article is an established racist and fraud. Not saying it isn't true, but I would definitely consider the source here.
    Source? I understand it's one sided and we haven't heard Manning's side but he hasn't made up a story here (he offered documents with players's affidavit etc.)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    Source? I understand it's one sided and we haven't heard Manning's side but he hasn't made up a story here (he offered documents with players's affidavit etc.)
    I don't know if racist is the word I'd describe Shaun King as, but he's a white guy who has pretended to be black for a while now and who has been accused of fraud under the guise of funding the Black Lives Matter movement.

When it was found out that Shaun is white, he went so far as to claim his mother (who is 100% white) slept around a lot so he didn't know who is dad was.

I refuse to speak in detail about the nature of my mother's past, or her sexual partners, and I am gravely embarrassed to even be saying this now, but I have been told for most of my life that the white man on my birth certificate is not my biological father and that my actual biological father is a light-skinned black man," he said.
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/20/us/sha...g-controversy/

Here's a side-by-side of the man listed as his father, and Shaun. You be the judge.

And for the for the fraud accusations.
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...-lives-go.html
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Jonathan Newsome got arrested for pot possession.

What a dumb ***.
    Last edited by PaulGeorgeForPresident; 02-17-2016 at 04:19 PM.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PaulGeorgeForPresident View Post
    Jonathan Newsome got arrested for pot possession.

What a dumb ***.
    how the hell do you get 2 possession charges at the same time?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's stupid that it's a choice between taking some dangerous addictive drug that is perfectly legal compared to the relatively harmless marijuana if you are dealing with pain like pro athletes do.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    It's stupid that it's a choice between taking some dangerous addictive drug that is perfectly legal compared to the relatively harmless marijuana if you are dealing with pain like pro athletes do.

Yeah but you know pharma companies have to make $$$ that's more important... I am pleasantly surprised there's no outrage over JN here for this at least to the point where he's referred to as a "thug" for it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-at-his-house/

Jonathan Newsome’s arrest wasn’t first time cops found weed at his house

When Colts linebacker Jonathan Newsome was arrested Wednesday morning for possession of marijuana, we noted it wasn’t his first weed-related offense.

As it turns out, it wasn’t even his first weed-related incident this offseason.

According to Mike Wells of ESPN.com, Zionsville, Ind. police were also called to his home on Jan. 31, also for a noise complaint, and police found marijuana then as well. A friend of his was arrested for possession that morning.

Coupled with a suspension during his days at Ball State, there’s a pattern here: Newsome is frequently in places where marijuana also happens to be.

(Then again, so is every Denver Bronco and Seattle Seahawk, but that’s a different conversation for a different day.)

The Colts put out the usual statement Wednesday, saying they were aware, “but until we have had an opportunity to review the facts relevant to the case, it would be inappropriate for us to make a comment.”

Here’s a comment we feel like they could make without much controversy: Somebody should really tell Newsome to turn his stereo down and quit riding his motorcycle in the house

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

So when Brady won last year there was the deflate gate. I thought that after Manning won they would try to make the hgh report a big story. I was wrong, instead they are trying to do bring this dumb *** sex assault story from 100 years ago a big story.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

http://my.xfinity.com/articles/sport..._media_woodson

Charles Woodson hired by ESPN as NFL analyst

BRISTOL, Conn. (AP) — Charles Woodson has a new role in pro football: NFL analyst for ESPN.

The recently retired defensive back has been hired to work on Sunday NFL Countdown and Monday Night Countdown. The 18-year veteran retired after a final season with the Oakland Raiders. The 39-year-old three-time All-Pro is expected to begin in new job in July.

Woodson started and ended his career with the Raiders. In between, he played for the Green Bay Packers, helping them win the Super Bowl five years ago. A cornerback and safety, Woodson is tied for fifth in the league in interceptions with 65.

Woodson also starred at Michigan and won the 1997 Heisman Trophy.

''Charles is one of the most accomplished players of his era and he is held in such high regard by players, coaches and fans for the way he played the game and led his teams,'' ESPN senior coordinating producer Seth Markman said Thursday in a statement.

Woodson also will appear on other ESPN studio shows.

''I look forward to carrying on their strong tradition and gaining the respect of those who came before me and those who will follow me,'' Woodson said. ''I'm extremely honored and can't wait to get started.''

Sports Logo

get some friggin headphones Newsome

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    get some friggin headphones Newsome
    Or, ya know.... Quit toking. You're in the NFL, after all?
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    Or, ya know.... Quit toking. You're in the NFL, after all?
    eh, I hear ya, but better than boozing or going to the team doc and getting a duffle full of opiates. it's stupid, absolutely granted, but the guy's been getting stoned and listening to his music too loud. I mean, c'mon. I just don't care about weed at all in this sorta circumstance. I don't care about it ever really as long as you aren't driving or are around minors or something like that.

now, if they eventually report what he was listening to, I may call for him to get cut.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

eh, I hear ya, but better than boozing or going to the team doc and getting a duffle full of opiates. it's stupid, absolutely granted, but the guy's been getting stoned and listening to his music too loud. I mean, c'mon. I just don't care about weed at all in this sorta circumstance. I don't care about it ever really as long as you aren't driving or are around minors or something like that.

now, if they eventually report what he was listening to, I may call for him to get cut.
    I'm with ya, I also find weed to be about on the same level as alcohol, which is to say, it's your ordinary, average high. I don't personally do it now, nor will I ever again, but I've done it when I was a kid. That said, whether it's a softy or not, it's still illegal to possess. These knuckleheads have a simple choice --- make some money while you can in the NFL.... or toke some stupid weed. It's a no-brainer to me, but that's the thing, some people don't have brains. He's throwing away his opportunity and marking his record permanently all to inhale some silly smoke. It's stupid... but it's stupid.

What's even more stupid is that not only did he possess a substance that is currently illegal... but he then drew attention to himself by playing his music loudly and not for the first time. It's like shouting from a rooftop --- "Hey po-po! Ya you! I'm over here! I got weed! I'm right here! I'll be waiting right here in my living room, I didn't even bother to hide it, come on up!"

Just stupid.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 02-19-2016 at 02:33 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Yeah but you know pharma companies have to make $$$ that's more important... I am pleasantly surprised there's no outrage over JN here for this at least to the point where he's referred to as a "thug" for it.
    I think people are getting some common sense and realizing that smoking weed doesn't make you a thug, especially for pro athletes.

I just read on ESPN that the Colts have cut ties with Newsome.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    I just read on ESPN that the Colts have cut ties with Newsome.
    Good, he sucked *** last year.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

NFL Network is reporting that Colts are moving on from Andre Johnson and Andre is thinking about retirement.

He was garbage last season. Peace out Andre.

NFL Network is reporting that Colts are moving on from Andre Johnson and Andre is thinking about retirement.

Damn, if he only the Colts got him a few years earlier. Sucks because he came to Indy to win a ring. One of the best of all time!

Sent from my Nexus 5X

We would've been better off keeping Reggie for another season tbh.

At least with Reggie there was a leadership there which was lacking last season IMO

Sports Logo

Colts need OL and pass rushers in the draft, never heard that before. Though to be fair that goes for like 75% of the league I guess

" A,Β,..M,N,L,O,P,...F" Johanvil's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Colts need OL and pass rushers in the draft, never heard that before. Though to be fair that goes for like 75% of the league I guess
    Captain obvious aka Mike Wells tweeted an article of his yesterday named like that and I replied to him how unexpected was that. Was hoping for a response. It never came.

Great story, I know...

Sports Logo

I wanna say good for Kap cuz he's about as bad a fit as you can get for Chip Kelly's offense as you can find, but at the same time, Gabbert sucks and you're not about to step into a starting job somewhere else. I mean, if you're so scared of not being able to reinvent yourself as a quick read crossing pass kinda guy compared to Blaine Friggin Gabbert you're basically just saying you're cool with holding a clipboard for the next decade. which ain't a bad gig.